The friend I ran into at Heathrow last year was from Long Eaton. He was a police officer when we first met him in 1987, his name is Jonathon Stone. Anyone know him? What ever happened to our Nottscop member, he might know him?

• 2 weeks later...

Police officer where.

If he lives in Long Eaton, He could be based at Notts Derbys Leics or Staffs?

If Based in Long Eaton he is Derbys

My fathers relations were called Stone, they were all in the Police force and lived at Aspley. John and Nancy Stone and they had a son called John, this is many moons ago but could be related somewhere along the way. How old is your friend?

A ;)

I'm guessing late 30's, maybe 40. His mom lives in Cape Town now, and I think he has gone to live there too. When I saw him last year, he said he and his brother were trying to start up a business in Manchester and if things didn't work out, he'd be moving there too.

Police Officer you say ?....well he won't have gone far, it's a big effort to get their fat butts out of the station round here !

This one is about 6'4", and thin as a bean pole!!

A bit of a hiccup, the name was Joe not John.

Their son was called John and he had a brother, both in the police force. John would be old enough to be his Grandfather if they were related along the way.

Pretty obscure, but you never know.

A !yada!