FLY2

Ailments, Aches & Pains. (Let's hear them here)

Off we go then, who's going to be first?

Banjo48 #41

I too had a knee op with local it was strange, a couple of weeks on crutches and I was ok. Now I think my hips are going I have twinges and hope it doesnt get worse.

Have had the flu jab for a lot of years (worked in school with germ ridden kids ) this year didn't - guess what heavy cold for last two weeks!! Wont make that mistake again.

Never had the flu jab had the odd cold but only had the flu once in 1963.

I had flu jab last year and suffered with a really bad cold for weeks. It is not the flu jab but the shingles one I had that really hurt still not got to have the shingles one for another 10 years.

Met someone I had not seen for ages yesterday and asked how they were = knew it was a huge mistake the moment I asked. For the next ten minutes she went through every ailment known to man that she had suffered from felt like opening a vein in my wrist!!!!

Best wishes

Peter

• Upvote 2

Well I had a wander down to the HC this morning, all great stuff, Doc was even smiling, ..........................until, on the way out he noticed something not quite right how I was walking, come back here Catfan I want to check your legs, after a brief examination & a load of questtions he decided that I have a damaged nerve/s in my left leg & he was referring me to the hospital.

That gem of wisdom soon had me deflated, I thought when I was staggering about was I had been enjoying a few pints of Hobgoblin, but no, could be many reasons he said.

So now sit & wait for the cordial invitation to arrive in the post !

We left the HC at 09.20am so then jumped on a bus tp Arnold & perused a few charity shops before finishing off at the Vale pub.

I did say to Mrs Catfan that I felt like an old car, something gets fixed then straight away something else goes wrong ! I should be in the scrapyard !

Ah well, no worry, faith is strong !

• Upvote 5

I had my diabetic eye test today and I think something has shown up....she looked perplexed and told me to wait to hear from the doctor, I had trouble last year with head problems, I do hope nothing bad will occur................I seem to be full of aches and pains lately

Sorry you have this worry after your problems last year Blondie. I hope the Doctor doesn't keep you waiting to long.

• Upvote 1

Caftan, sorry about he problem with the nerves in your leg - I presume everything else was OK? I'm sending you a message......

Blondie, too, hope things will get sorted for you, health wise x

• Upvote 1

Had a weird eye test last year.

The optician said - 'Hmm, that`s strange. I`d like to refer you to the eye clinic.'

The hospital doc said, 'Hmmm. Can you hang about. I`d like the consultant to see this.'

The consultant said, 'Ah - - what`s this? I`m going to ask for a brain scan.'

I was in a right state by now.

When the scan result came back, the consultant said, 'Hmm. That`s fine.'

Never found out what the mystery 'something' was. Glad it was fine though. :)

• Upvote 5

I had a diabetic retinopathy check last year & they found what was described as a bubble on the back of my left eye, the plan was to put drops in the eye to freeze it then insert a needle through the eye to burst the bubble, I kid you not !.

Went to the QMC eye clinic a couple of weeks later & the doctor read my eye test result & said, with 20/20 vision in that eye I'm leaving well alone, go to the pub & enjoy yersen. !

God IS Good !

• Upvote 4

I feel brill!!

I was obviously lying but thinking about it.

Hmm, could be here all day . . .

Top to bottom:

1. Hair: Not much - Gillette IS the best a man can get.
  2. Brain: Whatever . . .
  3. Sight: Needs reading glasses.
  4. Teeth: Pretty much tickety boo, thank you NHS dentist (nice bloke but talks too much!)
  5. Back: Sound but I don't do a lot to be fair.
  6. Hands: Broke and disclocated the little and ring fingers on my left hand five years ago which still aren't, and won't ever be, pristine but I started playing guitar again as an exercise routine so it ain't all bad.
  7. Internals: Good to moderate, can depend on what I was doing the night before.
  8. Hips: Maybe a dodgy one but the juries out, there is family history.
  9. Lower joints: Where do I start? Both knees kafuffed, one worse than the other but I praise the doctors for refusing to operate. Still recovering from a broken ankle after about two years.

And, to top that lot off, I've been known to get the odd bout of gout, now that's painful!!

Apart from that, I am healthy, the ganja helps.

• Upvote 2

By the looks of it Mick "IF" you were a dog it would be a visit to the vets for the big sleep :)

It would be welcome, I always wake up at 3am +- to pee. I realise you didn't want to know that but. . . . I would love to be able to go the whole night un-disturbed but I'm also grateful I wake up for a couple of reasons ;)

Good check list Mick.#60

1, Hair................just about gone.

2, Tabs................got bigger or Heads shrunk

3, Eyes.............buggered weout me Varifocals

4,Teeth............Very few of me own left,had most knocked out over the years, (some of you be pleased to know)

5,Neck...........gone scrawny,grew Beard,but stillshows

6,Arms.........Keep em covered,never wear short sleeve shirts

7,chest..............42

8,waist................34

9,below waist.............all aok...lol.

10.Feet...............horrible

All in All, can't grumble,but I do,.........i'm now 70...........dread to think what I be like at 80,

• Upvote 6

Or the "knackers" yard ! hellothere

• Upvote 2

Beauty is within and that can be as apparent as outward appearances - at least that's what I keep telling myself!

• Upvote 6

Thought I was doing well until last week when someone stood up to let me sit down on the bus.

• Upvote 2

Invariably when I am on the Underground in London, some young lady (never a man) gets up and offers me her seat. I always think, Christ, do I look that old. Have to put pride to one side, though, because nowadays I am glad to have a sit down and take the weight off my plates.

• Upvote 3

had a lie in this morning,checked mesen in Bathroom mirror...........no improvement.............but will have a shower get me 'Dudes' on splash of Old Spice,and i'll be 39 again,by the time I hit Bulwell.......lol.

• Upvote 3

Is it luck or a miracle?

Measles as a child caused serious short sightedness (-24) and the oncome of deafness.

Lost sight temporarily in my late 20's and 30's with detached retinas. Totally deaf at 55.

Had fractured skull, hip, wrists and collarbone.

After a dozen or more eye ops, a cochlear implant and a new hip I can now drive legally without glasses, hear well enough to get by, and cycle up steep hills.

Currently rowing indoors 20+km a day and play 2 rounds of golf p/w when the weather permits. Only cycle when it's warm though.

Arthritis in a few places but feel in really good shape for a 77 y/o.

Luck or a miracle of modern medicine?

• Upvote 5

Bit of both I reckon, most of it is in the genes. They reckon they can predict any issues you may have in the future in plenty of time from your DNA now, I love science.

You wouldn.t get a bus seat in Nottm nonnaB unless it was in Bulwell of course.

• Upvote 1