Ailments, Aches & Pains. (Let's hear them here)

Just read your link, Col.  I'd be worried too .........................  Apparently you're ruled by Uranus!

• Upvote 3
  • Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Being the newbie I am to N.S. I couldn't work out how to reach out to Physical Perfection to tell him to get on with life as you never know what tomorrow will bring. Obviously at the moment time

I'm a happy Bunny tonight Went for my oncology visit after I had the P.E.T. scan and T.A.C. a couple of weeks ago and all is clear after the scare I had. The next process is due in 6 months after I ha

Well I hadn't intended contributing to this thread but do you want to know how many staples I've got in my tummy?!!  Actually I'll spare you the details but I want to put on record that my experience

1 hour ago, Chulla said:

This young wench of a doctor, caftan, who is doing you a world of good, so much so that you are going back for more - did she tell you to drop your trousers, got hold of them and told you to cough? No wonder you're feeling well. lol

Not exactly Dave, but she did offer to examine where the sun don't shine !

I made my excuses & left..................in a hurry !

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, MargieH said:

Just read your link, Col.  I'd be worried too .........................  Apparently you're ruled by Uranus!

That's what worries me too Margie.  I seem to have got a bum deal.

Col

• Upvote 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Right!

All the 'stomach and abdominal' pain I was moaning about had both me and the Doc wondering.  He was looking at 'pancreatic nasties'.  I was ahead of him on that and had been worrying for weeks, so when he went the same direction I was scared ****less..

So, two/three weeks later. bloods etc., OK.  Still a scan to be done, but looking more like what Doc calls 'neuropathic' (nerve) pain.

So now it's 'Amitryptiline' low dose for nerve pain.

We shall see, but I am mightily relieved.  Thought I was a 'goner' for a while....

Col

• Upvote 2

Half the country seems to be on that medication, Col, including a number of friends of mine. They seem to get on well with it. I believe it also acts as an anti depressant. Hope you'll soon be feeling better again.

• Upvote 1

I'm on that one too Col along with Gabapentin  !  

Both very good for nerve pain BUT can cause severe tiredness, sometimes I spend half the day trying to stay awake, as Mrs Catfan says, that's about right for me smile2

• Upvote 1

Ian, I have recently taken unused drugs back to the chemist. They said that they only get destroyed. I asked why this is when they have cost the NHS money, and besides , there are less well-off countries that might be glad of them. They said that it is the law. Although the packaging might be unopened, they might have been stored near radiators or such like, that would have neutralised their effect. Seems a very weak excuse to me

I have noticed the same thing. When my meds are being changed around, I sometimes have two or three unopened boxes to return. It does seem a terrible waste, but I think If I was offered new ones and unopened returned ones, I would automatically choose the new ones. Just in case. 

• Upvote 1
5 hours ago, carni said:

The doc will probably start you on the lowest dose and alter it if needed. I'm glad you have a bit more piece of mind Col.

Yep.  10 Mg.  20 if I want, which I probably won't!

I've never liked the effects of any of the antidepressants, but it may turn out OK in small doses.  Years ago was given Anafranil for months to deal with a deep depression.  I reckon I just came out of it over time as I never felt better under the pills.  Tried other ones including the supposedly more benign SSRIs.  Same issues.  Also tried that one that was all the rage for giving up smoking years ago.  Stuff nearly killed me!!  We shall see how Amitryptiline goes. Any lasting negative effects and I'll settle for the pain thanks.  It's bearable.

Anyway, I'm waiting till I finish a short course of antibiotics for an infected toe (My fault.. cut a nail a bit too close.. silly sod.) before I start putting any more rubbish in my body.

Col

3 hours ago, carni said:

I have noticed the same thing. When my meds are being changed around, I sometimes have two or three unopened boxes to return. It does seem a terrible waste, but I think If I was offered new ones and unopened returned ones, I would automatically choose the new ones. Just in case. 

Thing is they cannot take risks with whoever gets the s/h pills.  There have been cases where fake drugs got into the NHS and were prescribed.  So extreme care is necessary.

Jill to be frank I'm more bothered whether it will disrupt my extremely moderate and entirely reasonable consumption of beers wines and spirits.  :)

Col

Correct freckles. Quite a few of us Nottstalgians might not be here today if it wasn't for the drugs. I definitely wouldn't and I could make a guess at a few more. I will be eternally grateful for what is being done for me now and for the future.  Most of us can't help our health problems, as in my case, it was hereditary heart problems, I have out lived my dad by over ten years, and that is due to our fabulous but struggling NHS. I have unwanted side effects and had to make life style changes because of my drugs, but I am alive at this age, when a few years ago as with my dads case. I would be pushing up daisies.smile2

• Upvote 2

Col, I can think of one person I know who's on this drug, along with a cocktail of others, who indulges in a lot more alcohol than he should but never seems to come to any harm. Having said that, he's a raving hypochondriac who seems to enjoy finding new health problems to investigate! Each to their own, as they say.

46 minutes ago, Jill Sparrow said:

Col, I can think of one person I know who's on this drug, along with a cocktail of others, who indulges in a lot more alcohol than he should but never seems to come to any harm. Having said that, he's a raving hypochondriac who seems to enjoy finding new health problems to investigate! Each to their own, as they say.

Fortunately for me Jill.  Hypochondria is the one illness I don't have....:laugh:

Just 'yer regular statins, beta blockers, aspirin, PPIs and A2 inhibitors for me.

That said I am very careful of side effects having once fallen victim to an allergic reaction to Penicillin.  I even called the pharmacy this morning to get a definitive view on whether I should avoid sunlight whilst on Clarithromycin because I know it's an issue with some antibiotics, esp., Doxycycline.

Fortunately it's not a problem, so I can carry on sunbathing for what's left of the Summer.  Yay!! :)

Col

• Upvote 1

Mike, my plan is to try the Amitryptiline pill and then have a small bottle of beer to see what happens (at home obviously) and take it from there.

Could save me a fortune... ;)

Col

Think it did Freckles,......just after cols post he fell out with everyone,resigned from Nottstalgia and came back.........funny tablet that Amatripaline.............................lol.             only kidding Col............

• Upvote 4