Ailments, Aches & Pains. (Let's hear them here)

Struggling a bit to be honest.  Feeling very tired very easily.  A few irregular or prolonged rapid heartbeats and slight dizzy spells  Despite my flippant denials, Mrs Col seems to have noticed something too and is treating me with 'Kid Gloves'.

Was all set to go help a friend move some bits of heavy kit about when Mrs Col said she didn't want me doing that 'while I wasn't well'.   :blink:

Got an appt' with my Doc soon so I'm sure we'll sort it out.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Being the newbie I am to N.S. I couldn't work out how to reach out to Physical Perfection to tell him to get on with life as you never know what tomorrow will bring. Obviously at the moment time

I'm a happy Bunny tonight Went for my oncology visit after I had the P.E.T. scan and T.A.C. a couple of weeks ago and all is clear after the scare I had. The next process is due in 6 months after I ha

Well I hadn't intended contributing to this thread but do you want to know how many staples I've got in my tummy?!!  Actually I'll spare you the details but I want to put on record that my experience

Thanks Margie,

I'm sure it's nothing much.  Will see what the Doc says.

Col

655.  Did  you just read what Ben said on another thread, Dave? :blink:. He's got a clean bill of health!  That's great but if he feels like a teenager he'll be out chasing the birds again.  Somebody better hide his Liberty bodice.  Lol.

• Upvote 1

Funny you should say that Loppy............bumped into a Lady this morning who was part of our crowd in the 60s,we sat and had a 'natter' in the Doc's waiting room...........she told me never got married,right man never came along,.....told her i Married 3 times,.......and with a straight face said.......''yes thought you would''............lovely well preserved lady.........but didnt know how to take her comment........when we parted she also said...''see you in 40 years then''..........lol

• Upvote 3

#658 col

I hope all goes well col, it looks as if you could be offered a ECG again to see what's going on with your heartbeat. I imagine the dizzy spells could be the irregular beat or maybe Ectopic beats. If you have this problem, it doesn't take much to kick it into over drive. I know that in my case, over indulging (as I did last Tuesday, fish and chips and a cake) made my AF  a lot worse, plus ectopic beats every 5/6 beats.  A couple of days on a sensible diet and the AF doesn't go away, but is less alarming. Awaiting to hear that the doc gets you sorted out quickly. Best wishes col.

• Upvote 1

Carni and Ben, that song always reminds me of my dad.  When I was at school we learnt it in German and I was singing it at home to my dad. 

"Mein vater war ein wandersmann".   He said surely that wasn't the word for 'father' because it  sounded a bit rude!

• Upvote 2

In answer to carnie on the wrong thread.............yes i do feel lucky,.........ive abused my body over the years and i'm amazed i'm still here,...........two major life threatening illnesses........now hopefully over..........plus big emotional stress.......thru loss of people........still smoke but alot less and trying to find the 'will power' to knock it on the head.(don't need telling).still enjoy a wee drink but not so often..........the mad thing is most days i feel like i did at 40............hopefully when the good Lord takes me.......it'll be sudden.........playing football or making love.......lol.

• Upvote 2

Just couldn't help noticing the number of your post, Ben!!  :wacko: Beast!

Besides, there are all those deprived females who haven't even met you yet so you can't shuffle off for an early bath, Ben. It just wouldn't be fair on them! :rolleyes:

• Upvote 3

Carni # 658.

Many thanks Carni.  It all seems to have settled down a bit but I really struggled at the Bristol Hi Fi Show on Friday.  Stairs, and the walk to and from the station were a real struggle.  Partly just my achey old knees, but I also just felt 'whacked'.  Doc's appt is on Friday.  We'll see what he says but my money is just on a bit of a 'wobble'.

Col

Been taking the Levothyroxine pills for 6 days now. They're so tiny I dread dropping one on the carpet because I'd never find it again! So far, not noticed any difference but then we all know that although patience is a virtue, it isn't one of mine!

Having read just about everything there is to read on the net about hypothyroidism, I've decided I'm fortunate not to have the exact opposite...hyperthyroidism. Don't like the sound of treatment for that one little bit. Radioactive iodine! They didn't give you that did they, Ben? Must make you glow in the dark!

Of the two problems, I'd rather have the one I've got. Always something to be thankful for if you look hard enough!  ;)

• Upvote 1

Takes a while to notice a difference when first taking levothyroxine. They are very tiny tablets.and you do worry you might lose one.

i was started on 50 micro grams. But a while ago after blood tests to check on right dosage now on 75 micro grams a day.which has ended up being 2 tablets a day to make up the 75 micro grams.( one being 50 micro grams. And one being 25 micro grams) .

• Upvote 1

Thanks, moody cow. I'm currently on 50 micro grams. I just don't have much patience. Always expect immediate results! This is probably a wake up call. People have been telling me to slow down for years. I don't listen. Now my body is doing it for me!  :wacko:

Jill #672.................no jill did'nt give it me,.............ive always glowed in the dark anyway................lol.

• Upvote 1

Re:  #656.  Update.  Saw Doc this morning and described the waking up with rapid heartbeat. Also the sudden extreme tiredness at times, breathlessness etc.  He mentioned a couple of things as possibilities but we agreed best not to speculate too much without hard evidence. I'm not especially worried and it could all just be a natural progression due to age and my iffy old Ticker.  Just want to know what's going on and put it right if poss.  So, more bloods, a 72 hour ECG and a Cardiology Appt in late April.

Col

Well I've just returned from the doctor's in a worse state than when I went and I only went to collect a prescription. It was pouring so I parked nearest the door next to a muddy patch where I fell full length. I queued at the counter, covered in mud from head to toe, and no one batted an eyelid. I know I'm usually a bit scruffy so I suppose it was just accepted. When I got home I got a roasting for "coming back in that state!" Just not my day.

• Upvote 3

I've always had a picture of you in my head (didn't want to write 'mental picture') and it was of a smart, dapper bloke, Phil, certainly not scruffy.  I expect you scrub up well, though?