Ailments, Aches & Pains. (Let's hear them here)

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Being the newbie I am to N.S. I couldn't work out how to reach out to Physical Perfection to tell him to get on with life as you never know what tomorrow will bring. Obviously at the moment time

I'm a happy Bunny tonight Went for my oncology visit after I had the P.E.T. scan and T.A.C. a couple of weeks ago and all is clear after the scare I had. The next process is due in 6 months after I ha

Well I hadn't intended contributing to this thread but do you want to know how many staples I've got in my tummy?!!  Actually I'll spare you the details but I want to put on record that my experience

Don't think so carnie...............as Phil says........one day only......and forced.........he'll soon have the New Tie holding his trousers up............lol.

• Upvote 3

Phil, you should have tried that wedding hire place in West Bridgford. 

I used them for my wedding six years ago, and all I provided was socks and shirt..... Oh, and pants of course. 

I definately wasn't intending to fork out a fortune at the age of 65 !

You're in good company, Phil. Went outside to put some stuff in the recycle bin and the next thing I knew I was on the ground! Almost exactly the same place I fell over last September! Cut both hands and bruised knees! Nowt broken! I know I mentioned the corkscrew earlier on but I haven't had a drop! Honest!  :(

2 hours ago, FLY2 said:

Phil, you should have tried that wedding hire place in West Bridgford. 

I used them for my wedding six years ago, and all I provided was socks and shirt..... Oh, and pants of course. 

I definately wasn't intending to fork out a fortune at the age of 65 !

I've not bought a suit since 1997 so I deserve a treat. It'll be in the Oxfam shop the week after the wedding so it won't be wasted. I like to do my little bit for charity!

Phil, if only I knew how to get it on here I have a fab picture of my 2.5 year old grand daughter after she did a full body dive and faceplant into mud in a local park. That image will now be forever associated with you...

As for suits.  For about 30 years my job required me to wear collar and tie, but I drew the line at suits  apart from for interviews and funerals.

Accordingly, I bought one of those 'Marks and Spencer 'Boil in the bag' washable suits.  It still looks new after more than ten years, but isn't exactly the height of the tailor's art.  Still.. it mostly gets used for funerals which mostly seem to happen in winter, when my suit is hidden under a nice imitation Crombie overcoat... :)

For my daughter's wedding in 2008, I was ordered to go to Moss Bros and they kitted me out with everything, including shoes.  I provided underpants only.  My daughter provided both socks and Cuff Links bearing the legend..'Father of the Bride'..  She loves 'Kitsch'.

• Upvote 1

The trouble with suits of course is that unless you wear them everyday, you have to risk suddenly finding that they have shrunk.. ;)

Benjamin of course has no such problems, being as he is, eternally youthful and impeccably groomed.

Col

• Upvote 1

Well, I've only been taking the Levothyroxine for 12 days but discover I have suddenly lost 3.5lbs in less than a week! This is after months of trying to lose weight with no result. Can it really be kick starting my metabolism so quickly? I'm delighted. On I'm my way to getting my waist back!  :rolleyes:

• Upvote 1

Good Luck Jill, I have to say that I never lost weight after going on the Thyroxine, but everyone is different. Your doctor may adjust your dose when you have your next blood test results, so take advantage if you feel you need to lose a few pounds it might come off a bit easier with the help of the Thyroxine.

• Upvote 1

I can't think of any other cause for the weight loss, Carni, but I have seen warnings on the net that Levothyroxine should never be taken solely to lose weight if you don't have an underactive thyroid, so it would seem that using it can trigger weight loss.

Other than that, I've noticed no difference since taking it and my energy levels are still on the floor. Here's hoping. Wish I'd kept that catsuit now!!

• Upvote 1

Talking of suits, I have never been a suit man - The first was one I bought to get married in. When I transferred to an office job at RR Derby, I knew I would be meeting and dining with customers, so I bought a really nice suit. Sure enough the chance to wear it came when we took some American customers the Isaac Walton in Derbyshire. The waiters served the meals and then brought gravy boats to each table. But not to ours. I went to the kitchen and told them and was told they would bring one to out table. This the waiter did, and in doing so dribbled gravy over my trousers as he reached for the table. 

You can see why I have a sense of humour!

• Upvote 1
5 hours ago, DJ360 said:

The trouble with suits of course is that unless you wear them everyday, you have to risk suddenly finding that they have shrunk.. ;)

Benjamin of course has no such problems, being as he is, eternally youthful and impeccably groomed.

Col

You're too kind Col...............went to work this morning suitably attired..........nearly regretted it though........had loads of trouble with undesirables...threats of violence etc........not worried about the violence.........but had really nice suit on.......anyway........got away with it ..wiv me gob..........always been my best asset.................lol...

• Upvote 3

Not a good couple of days peeps. Poorly yesterday, but I didn't want to go to hospital and set the ball rolling. Why, I don't know, very silly really and nothing gained, because the doc sent me up there at 9am this morning, and the ball rolled.... ECG, Xray, Blood Tests, all manner of things stethoscoped (even my ankles). Six hours there, not eaten since 5pm yesterday, 22hrs before I got food, I was starving when I got home. I got my hand slapped by the consultant for not going yesterday and I agreed to go straight up if I have anymore chest pain. Thank goodness, no heart attack, very scary though. :)

So sorry you've had a few health concerns, carni.  The doctor's right though - next time, don't leave it till the next day...  Pleased there's been no heart damage, though xx.  

• Upvote 2

I can't shout at you Carni because I hadn't been near a GP for over 20 years until 3 weeks ago but listen to your intuition. It tells you when you need help. Hope you're now comfortable at home again with, dare I say it, a cream cake within easy reach!

• Upvote 1

I thought of you on Saturday Carni, when madam and I passed a Birds cake shop. 

She said 'Shall we have a couple of Elephants Feet for after tea ?'  I couldn't open the door for her fast enough !

They're somewhat disappointing nowadays Kath, as it doesn't appear to be real chocolate on top. I think it's chocolate flavoured icing, as it's much more sugary........ Still nice though.... !