Ailments, Aches & Pains. (Let's hear them here)

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Being the newbie I am to N.S. I couldn't work out how to reach out to Physical Perfection to tell him to get on with life as you never know what tomorrow will bring. Obviously at the moment time

I'm a happy Bunny tonight Went for my oncology visit after I had the P.E.T. scan and T.A.C. a couple of weeks ago and all is clear after the scare I had. The next process is due in 6 months after I ha

Well I hadn't intended contributing to this thread but do you want to know how many staples I've got in my tummy?!!  Actually I'll spare you the details but I want to put on record that my experience

Feel for you Banjo, I know I'd feel faint looking at your wound too, I'd never make a nurse!  We were out with a friend recently who'd had a large cancerous thingy removed 2 or 3 years ago. We last saw him when the big dressing was on his temple and when we saw him recently I didn't notice anything, no evident scarring anyway.  You'll feel a lot better soon hopefully.  Best wishes mate.

• Upvote 1

Keep positive Banjo. It's amazing how quickly wounds heal perfectly. At least it is only a surface graft, not a deep gash.

You'll soon be back to your handsome best mate. 

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Well I had my new shoulder op and now it is the pain of the op and the exercises. I am very limited in what I can do , dressing and showering is difficult with one arm, the wife has to help me . I admit my body is not very good and my short term memory is wanting, but the wife is conducting a regime of emotional torture on me, she forgets my long term memory is great. Whilst helping me shower dry myself and dress she continually giggles, yes I can remember when I was fit and we were both in the shower at the same time.

The final humiliation she laughs and reminds me of when we first met at 17 years old and her sisters told stories to her mother about me , she was warned keep away from him he is a good for nothing.

She looks at me whilst helping me and states my mother was right all them years ago you are now good for nothing.

My only hope is that she is joking as we have been married 50 years later this year.

• Upvote 8

Keep your chin up, Trogg.  Mrs Trogg is only trying to make you laugh because laughter really is the best medicine!

Hope you'll soon be on the mend. Who cares about short term memory? Long term memories of when we were all young uns in Nottingham are what counts! Keep the memories coming, Trogg. It'll make you feel better!  :rolleyes:

• Upvote 4

Well said,  Jill. You've taken the words out of my mouth!  

Trogg, your wife sounds great....  I giggle too, but usually when I'm looking at MYSELF and thinking about what I was like as a teenager compared with now...  Just keep doing the exercises - it will pay off in the end.

• Upvote 5

#736+737 I know my wife is only joking she use to worry a lot about everything , but I have shown her its no use worrying , if something happens if you can do some thing about it why worry, if you cant do anything about it , its a waste of good time worrying. I am known for making jokes about all things in life as I believe it is better to go through life with a smile than a scowl. But thanks for your comments.

• Upvote 6

The good thing about Nottstalgia Trogg, is that we are all mostly of a certain age, where we don't care if things aren't quite as they once were. You know the story about the woman who kept seeing an old lady staring at her, and then realised it was her reflection in windows and mirrors. I know that lady very well, she follows me around anawl! Who cares, not me!

Any way Miduck, I hope your pain settles down soon and you can get  back to normal, the weather is getting warmer and you will be able to get out and about easier.Best wishes to you and your wife Trogg, and remember.... Keeeeeep Tittering, it's the best medicine.:)

• Upvote 6

I had an appointment at the hospital today. Two years ago I had a hernia operation but for a couple of months

I've had pains from the same place as last time. The consultant informed me that I now have to have another operation to rectify the problem. The time from my arrival to my departure from the hospital today was only

twenty minutes and I didn't even have to pay anything in the car park because I'd been so quick.

Wouldn't it be nice if it was like that all the time. :)

• Upvote 9

Same as Jill has said above...  Have you been doing any heavy lifting recently to cause the recurrence?

• Upvote 1

I've copied this post made on 20th March by read, R.E.A.D to draw attention to it, as I think it may have been missed by many people. t was posted in the Bilborough Grammar School thread, and there were no replies or comments to it.

That might give the impression that nobody on Nottstalgia is bothered by something like this, although past history demonstrates that is not the case. 

On 20/03/2017 at 10:52 AM, read, R.E.A.D. said:

just before Christmas my wife went to the G.P. with a dry cough that just wouldn't go away, 7 weeks later we were told she has terminal cancer and between 3 and 6 months to live. 

She is having chemo at the moment with a hope it will give us a few extra months but the treatment is certainly palliative rather than curative. The idea not being more than 30 minutes away from home is in case her temperature goes up, she needs to go to hospital.

After 40 years together it's a bit of blow but we are trying to make the most. So my advice to "Physicalperfection" is CRUISE / HOLIDAY / Just do it, no knowing what is round the corner.

• Upvote 6

I did read this post CT and was very upset  for the people concerned,I don't consider myself qualified or even have the correct words to use in a reply,however I do wish both people well,It must have took a lot of soulsearching to write that post in the first place

Rog

• Upvote 2

R.E.A.D I am sorry that this post has been missed, I am sure it wouldn't have been deliberate. It could possibly be because the thread it was posted in is one that has not been read since before you added your post. I am very sorry to read about your wives illness and the outlook for the future. You will find that people on NS care about each others troubles, even though we can't always help each other, we will always listen and share your troubles if it helps to talk about it. 

• Upvote 5

I too read it R.E,A.D, and my heart goes out to you,i just can't find any words to help,so very sorry.........and thanks cliff-ton for prompting the responses you have............

• Upvote 2

R.E.A.D    there is nothing that anyone can say that will help or ease the pain hat you both are going through, we are here to listen and give any help or comfort that we can.  If there is no one that you feel you can turn to, strangers can be a great comfort. My thoughts are with you live every day that you have together  to its fullest.

Gem

• Upvote 4

R.E.A.D.  I too, missed your post.  I did not have any connections with Bilboro grammar school so did not follow the thread.  I can only agree with what the others have said.  You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

• Upvote 2

I didn't see the original post. This is a tragic situation, R E A D. Living with a terminal illness is akin to a huge dark cloud that follows you everywhere you go. I think it is important to talk about how you are feeling and coping with the agencies who do such wonderful work with terminal illnesses, Marie Curie nurses, etc and not to bottle up fears and worries.

Although NS members are almost certainly strangers to you, we do listen and try to give support in any way we can so please don't be afraid to talk to us R E A D. Many Nottstalgians, including myself, are thinking of you both.

• Upvote 6

I second everything that has previously been said. Cancer is a terrible illness that not only affects the person concerned but the whole family.

The initial shock is being told and it takes time to take in. Make the most of the time you have together and enjoy each others company to the full, maybe remembering the funny and enjoyable  things you did together. 

When my brother was terminally ill I remember when we were kids and spent our school holidays at our grandparents who lived by the sea. We went fishing in the local park and my brother was trying to catch a big stickleback and he reached too far and fell in. A couple fished him out and asked if he was ok, I shouted back to them " he's got his best suit on". Silly I know but I was more worried what my mum would say.

Give a big hug of friendship to your wife from me and I'm sure from the rest of NS. And a hug of comfort and courage to you. Stay strong and positive for her.  

• Upvote 7

I am so sorry to hear of your situation R.E.A.D. and feel your pain and despair as unfortunately we are in the same awful position with my lovely wife struggling with this. She did undergo two attempts of chemo but both times suffered attacks of cellulitis and sepsis and so in January was told that she was no longer strong enough to have any further treatment and effectively told to go home and give up, it was such a callous thing to do in our situation.

Mrs C cannot leave the house because of her physical condition so if you still have that ability and the will to so do, please make the most of the precious time that you have left together.

• Upvote 1

Really sorry to hear about your wife, Commo. It's a cruel illness and takes every bit of strength you've got to cope with it. I'm sure you will both find strength in each other and hope you are able to access the wonderful nurses who are available to help via Marie Curie and Macmillan. I know they've been invaluable to so many in your situation.

Thinking of you and your wife, Commo.  It must be very difficult for you .......