Ailments, Aches & Pains. (Let's hear them here)

#825 cliff-ton...............IT certainly was good for you years ago................I could play football..cricket...tennis.........almost every day to a decent standard..........never had aches and pains.....never had visits to the Doctors.........never took any pills.......chase women all night and still feel good after 6 pints next morning.....always at work on time raring to go............but since ive cut down on the fags don't feel half as good...................just don't mek fags like they used to...............lol.

• Upvote 2
  • Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Being the newbie I am to N.S. I couldn't work out how to reach out to Physical Perfection to tell him to get on with life as you never know what tomorrow will bring. Obviously at the moment time

I'm a happy Bunny tonight Went for my oncology visit after I had the P.E.T. scan and T.A.C. a couple of weeks ago and all is clear after the scare I had. The next process is due in 6 months after I ha

Well I hadn't intended contributing to this thread but do you want to know how many staples I've got in my tummy?!!  Actually I'll spare you the details but I want to put on record that my experience

Black Labs are great, Ben.  That was my last dog before the two I've got now.  Intelligent, loyal, good natured and great swimmers.  Hardly needed to walk him.  He would chase a ball across the yard as long as you wanted to throw it.Poor guy died of cancer at age 11.  Never smoked in his life. ;)

• Upvote 2

You know what I mean by the like Loppy...........sadly we had to have poor Benji put down,he was about ten,...........Dad had Parkinsons and somehow Benji sensed it and started turning on me Dad...........very strange with certain Dogs and Cats they seem to detect when something is wrong.......he was a beautiful dog and we all loved him,............I wasn't man enough to take him for the 'put-down' and will forever regret letting one of my sons do the deed,because I know how much it upset him,.......my Dad later came to live with us in his later years,and I got close to him again like when I was growing up and had many happy times and laughs,which i'll never forget,...........hee just come back and i'm waxing again...............

• Upvote 4

So good that you became closer to your dad in his later years, ben.  (And please, keep on waxing..... )

• Upvote 1

Thanks for that Margie,.......I am very sentimental.........and love 'waxing'......Mam spoilt me and Dad gave me reality..........a nice mixture looking back,.Dad was the strong silent type whereas Mam would come forth............loved em both equally.........its only when they are not there any more just how much you realise they are part of you..,probably should do a new thread 'how much we are like our parents'.........often say or do things and think            bleddy hell 'that was me Dad or Mam'............bet many of you get the same feeling ?..........

• Upvote 3

If I remember Mick............you knew my Dad din't you ? from his days as a 'ducky' at Piccadilly?

• Upvote 1

I'm sure he liked you Mick...............he was picky who he shared his tea with.........and knowing you I know you'd have shared a joke or two................

• Upvote 1

Glad to report I'm feeling a bit better already and only on third horse pill so far. May spill the beans on my parents later..

Col

• Upvote 1

benjamin1945. # 820

Dr keavney,I used to work at a care home where he was a resident,very bad tempered and selfish.His son used to visit him at night,I believe he was also a doctor?

Never really liked his son as a Doctor.................took my youngest lad to see him when he was about 13...........he was very conscious of being short and small framed compared to other lads his age...........the Doctor showed him no sympathy and told him he'll always be short 5ft 3 ish and small,my lad was devastated.............I told him I didn't care for his manner towards my son,and we changed Doc's soon after,..........my lad is now late 20s,5'11'' and well proportioned..........hate Doctors with poor 'bed side' manner.

• Upvote 4

I am with you on that benj. I have had a lot of dealings with hospitals this last few years and I truly believe the attitude of the Doctors and Nurses can actually make you feel worse especially if you are frightened or concerned about something as your young son was at the time. Great to see that all turned out OK for him in the end.

• Upvote 2

thanks for that Carnie.......yes me lad turned out good in all ways.......he's single got good job and his own swish Apartment.........he likes the Ladies and as a great sense of humor,its always a pleasure to see him..........I think Doctors ought to have a sense of humor too,.........must admit where I go now I see a different one nearly every time (locums) and by and large they are all great.........my favourite is/was a Latvian bloke,and he told you it how it was mostly with a chuckle,a proper mans man,you could tell him owt...........And as you say Carnie their attitude does make a difference.

Even the Lady ones I get you can joke with..........one recently gave me an Examination (rubber glove' you know) and while she was down there,i did mention that 'we had not been properly introduced,..........and she came back with 'doesn't matter' I now know you quite well.........

• Upvote 5

We had a lovely doctor from Zimbabwe ,you could talk to him about anything and felt he had time to listen.When my late husband was really poorly the doctor would come to see how he was,we didn't even have to ask him to call.

Unfortunately the surgery was closed down because another doctor there was not really a doctor but was calling herself dr.

So our doc resigned.We now have to use a clinic,it's just not the same and almost impossible to get an appointment .

Again i'm lucky with my Doctors..........even the Receptionists are really nice........appointments can be difficult,but ive found if I go in and ask for one,after a bit of banter they always squeeze me in..............been in this morning because my 'shaky-hand' pill was missed off my last prescription and after some leg-pulling from them..........can pick it up on Thursday.........as I was leaving she told me......''don't shave or eat Jelly in the mean time.........

• Upvote 6

Postman brought me a letter from the diabetic screening gang this morning telling me that I have signs of diabetic maculopathy & am being referred to QMC for treatment.

Uncle Google tells me it's usually Laser or Injections in the mince pies to slow the progression/damage down.

Another day another problem it seems.

So sorry, Catfan, to hear about more problems with your eyes.  I expect the treatment won't be as bad as it sounds!  Having had cataract surgery myself, I can honestly say it was  painless, and although what you have is different, it will involve similar initial procedures.   Did you eventually get through on the phone to the doctor today btw?  Thinking and praying (of course) for you both x

• Upvote 1

Benji, Old Dr Keavney and his then partner Dr Rowan (lady) looked after my mum during her confinement with me back in1946, I am still with the same surgery.

SWMBO joined when she came to live here back in 1971 she loved young Dr Keavney perhaps he was different with ladies.

Now for the use of your memory go back to the old surgery what was the name of the man in the brown overall who looked after all the paper records? I can see him now in his little room but damned if I can remember his name.

Manged to get through on the phone to the Doc's this morning to book appointment for a blood test, only to be told all their computer systems are "down" due to Friday's cyber attack.

Try later in the week she said, I went straight on the Doc's website & all is functioning properly ! Doctor's appointments just been added this morning ready to book !

Cyber attack my arse.

• Upvote 1