Ailments, Aches & Pains. (Let's hear them here)

Chulla, I hope your chemo sessions continue to go smoothly from now on. Sounds like they've sorted the dosage, which apparently takes a few goes to get right according to what friends have told me. Carni, hope all goes well for you and you'll soon be 'on yer bike'. Michael, hope all went well for you today? I am sitting here, feet up for a few minutes, absolutely jiggered. Packed up and moved 2 houses, and trying to get another straight. But, I appreciate the fact I am fit enough to do this, and not going through any health worries right now. Here's to good health to all y'all.

• Upvote 7
  • Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Being the newbie I am to N.S. I couldn't work out how to reach out to Physical Perfection to tell him to get on with life as you never know what tomorrow will bring. Obviously at the moment time

I'm a happy Bunny tonight Went for my oncology visit after I had the P.E.T. scan and T.A.C. a couple of weeks ago and all is clear after the scare I had. The next process is due in 6 months after I ha

Well I hadn't intended contributing to this thread but do you want to know how many staples I've got in my tummy?!!  Actually I'll spare you the details but I want to put on record that my experience

Good Morning All, just a quick update. We didn't get home from Hospital until just after 10pm last night, slightly shaken but not stirred.  The sedation was still doing its work, so through the front door; straight up the stairs, hit my pillow and zzzzz. There is a problem but the surgeon didn't say immediate attention needed, just await biopsy results.

Oooooh am I enjoying my tea this morning, just about to have my third one, and might have something devilishly naughty for breakfast. :biggrin:

• Upvote 11

A brown buttered cob filled with well done bacon and lashings of HP sauce !

• Upvote 1

:hungr:Go for it Carni. What with the duff weather and all, you deserve it. Tuck in gal !

2 hours ago, FLY2 said:

A brown buttered cob filled with well done bacon and lashings of HP sauce !

Of course I never argue...... I'm known for not arguing..  ;)   .....  But for me a bacon 'buttie' has to be on good white bread.. no butter .. bacon well cooked but not crispy,   HP sauce optional.  Tomato Sauce NO NO NO!!! That is for burgers.. and softy Suvverners...

Not that I'm picky... obviously...  :)

Col

Carni.   Well done!!  Worrever yer want.  Gerritdahnya Gel.  :)

Col

I said Brown specifically Col, because I'm an advocate of healthy living and good dietary stuff LOL

Thanks for your good wishes regarding my operation yesterday. Everything went well and the only discomfort I had was the needle in the back of my hand. The anaesthetist told me that it would feel cold but it really started to hurt and before I could say anything I was asleep.

After the op I was taken back to my room and was given ham sandwiches (cheese and egg were the other options), biscuits and two cups of coffee. I got changed and watched the TV as I waited for my eldest daughter to collect me. This afternoon I felt really tired and my shoulders and stomach were aching. I took a couple of painkillers and went to bed for about three hours which did me good as I feel ok now.

I hope that your biopsy results go well for you, carni and my thoughts are also with Chulla during his treatment.

• Upvote 7

Well you should have Kath. It makes it so much more moist and palatable, as well done bacon can tend to be a little dry if too well done. Try it !

#898 Col, I missed your post, I just want to say sorry that you have now got more problems with your heart. I have read up quite a lot about heart failure, and only stick to the NHS site, because I don't completely trust other sites. I know heart failure sounds so scarey and is not usually reversible  but these days it can be treated and controlled and we can now look forward to living longer lives with the right medication and some healthy life style options.

At one time on some meds my heart rate went down to 48 and stayed like it for a couple of years, the docs weren't concerned with the slowness, but took me of it because it didn't stop the irregular beat AF. Also after my husbands heart attack approximately six years ago, having a stent, and heart meds, his beat went down to 48 and has stayed there  all these years since. I hope my post helps ease your mind.

• Upvote 3

Very pleased to hear things went smoothly for you, Michael.

Around 25 years ago, I had to attend the city hospital in Nottingham for an exploratory operation...daycase, like yourself. They insisted on doing a guided tour of where I'd be going...operating theatre, recovery room etc. I told them I didn't want to know! The doctor spoke to me beforehand to explain how the anaesthetic would be administered. Canula in the back of the hand and the anaesthetic would feel very cold.

I explained to him that if I was still conscious when i went into the theatre, they wouldn't get anywhere near me! "Oh, I'm sure you're pulling my leg!" said he with an indulgent smile.

30 minutes later, dressed in a gown and ridiculous long white socks, I was guided into the theatre with a nurse on either side. Instructed to get onto the table, my nerve started to go and when they approached with the canula, I was up, out of there and down the corridor, gown flying and white socks round my ankles, a la Nora Batty!

They ran after me and eventually had to sedate me heavily to get me back in the theatre.  Later on, I saw the doctor again. "You weren't joking were you?" he muttered, minus the indulgent smile.

I was there because it was thought I might need a hysterectomy. Hysterectomy? I would probably have broken every record ever laid down for running 100 miles if they'd even attempted it!  :wacko:

• Upvote 5
2 hours ago, carni said:

#898  I hope my post helps ease your mind.

Carni, your posts always help to ease my mind because you have such a straightforward, honest and positive way of looking at life, despite all of your own troubles.

Thanks for your kind thoughts.  I hope things all turn out well for you.

ColX

• Upvote 2

Jill, I don't like having operations - who does?- but if it's something that is necessary to save my life or improve the quality of it, then I'm going to go for it..... 

• Upvote 3
12 hours ago, Michael Booth said:

The anaesthetist told me that it would feel cold but it really started to hurt and before I could say anything I was asleep.

If I recall I've probably had a full anaesthetic about 3 or four times for dental ops and knee ops.

They always asked me to count to ten.  So far I've never got past three....  Also, the feeling of well being that you get just before the lights go out takes some beating.. but is very brief.  If it could be bottled and sold safely it would be a best seller.

I've also had what they like to coyly term 'Diamorphine' (It's Heroin ) a few times.. for heart pain and post operative pain.  I can certainly understand how people get addicted.  It is a very nice feeling, but it's hardly real...

Col

• Upvote 1
On 30/06/2017 at 10:59 AM, FLY2 said:

I said Brown specifically Col, because I'm an advocate of healthy living and good dietary stuff LOL

Both of our bodies are temples...  Mine is the type that's falling down and covered in jungle..  :)

• Upvote 2

Mine's listed...... Literally ! And showing signs of cracking ! 

In my opinion...... As is the case with all buildings - temples or otherwise - it's what goes on INSIDE that is the important thing, not the outward appearance.  In the case of a human body, I'm not talking about the 'blood and guts' part of it either.

So, Col and FLY, as long as the inside of your 'temples' aren't the way you describe them,  you're OK, I reckon.

• Upvote 3

Oh dear Margie !  I'm derelict, you know that ! LOL ...... Certainly inwardly ! 

Everything can be renovated and repaired, if that's what you want...

This is all getting a bit cryptic, I think

• 2 weeks later...

I received a phone call this morning from a lady at the Treatment Centre, where I had my hernia repair op done.

She asked me how I was feeling and if I'd got any infection or pain, stuff like that. I still get mild aches and pains

from the groin area but that's to be expected for a couple of weeks. I really appreciated her call as it shows that they

care and you're not just a number. I've been to the Treatment Centre a few times now and always found everything to be first class.

• Upvote 5

I went to the hospital for my regular blood test and while I was waiting for the okay to leave two of the nurses looked hard at me and started to talk quietly to each other. Then one of them approached me looking very serious and leaned towards me.

My heart started thumping a bit.

Then she whispered, 'Did you realise you'd got your jumper on inside out?'

Phew!

• Upvote 10
4 hours ago, Michael Booth said:

I really appreciated her call as it shows that they

care and you're not just a number

Michael, I'm so pleased that everything is going alright for you, and hope you carry on improving until you are fully recovered. Take care. We had our 'Procedures' on the same day.It will be  two weeks tomorrow. I have found the last two weeks to be such a strain, awaiting my biopsy results. I really hope I get my phone call or letter soon, as I can't seem to think of anything else just now.  Wouldn't it be nice if the phone rang......now.:biggrin:

• Upvote 1

I went to the optician today only 7 months since my last appointment because I'm conscious that my eyes are getting worse.   After all the usual tests, he said "By coming to see me today, you may well have saved your sight!"  I am apparently on the borderline between dry and wet macular degeneration and he's written an urgent referral letter to my GP which I delivered to the surgery when I got back.  At the hospital, they will do a scan of my eyes and I'll maybe have the needle thingy in my eyes to stop the AMD progressing!  What 'urgent' means is anyone's guess...

He said that if my sight suddenly goes completely before I get the hospital appointment, I have to go to A&E straightaway

He said that no prescription from him could improve my sight at this stage, so I don't have to fork out for new glasses.  That's good!  Always look on the bright side of life da da ..etc

Will 'Siri' work on N/S if necessary?  I really wouldn't like to dictate my messages to you all because  she/it does make mistakes sometimes.  I'd have to get Paul to read what I'd written back to me before I post it....

Don't suppose it'll come to that.... I'm just thinking ahead... it's the way I cope with things... be prepared and all that...