Ailments, Aches & Pains. (Let's hear them here)

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Being the newbie I am to N.S. I couldn't work out how to reach out to Physical Perfection to tell him to get on with life as you never know what tomorrow will bring. Obviously at the moment time

I'm a happy Bunny tonight Went for my oncology visit after I had the P.E.T. scan and T.A.C. a couple of weeks ago and all is clear after the scare I had. The next process is due in 6 months after I ha

Don't think I've posted on this thread before but maybe being admitted to Stoke hospital with a heart attack on Monday justifies it  No big deal really and not as dramatic as it sounds. Admitted

And from me to you both................Chulla we'll soon be having a Puff' together again.......and Carnie youll soon be dancing and Dueting......

• Upvote 1

Michael, Carni, Dave and anyone else who is facing scary stuff..  You are all in my thoughts today.

Col

• Upvote 1

I've been thinking...  No really... I have...

Certain things have happened here lately.  Some obvious, some not so..

Let's just say that even if they try to seem otherwise.. good people will always be found out.

Col

Sorry Michael,missed you off my good wishes...............i had an Hernia operation over 50 years ago.......big job back then,in City Hospital for a week................then back in for another day when i bust me stitches.........won't tell you how.............:Shock:

• Upvote 2

Well I'm probably too late to wish Michael good luck for today but hope his hernia repair is successful. 

Best of luck this evening Carni, think positive gal.

Chulla, me duck, you're getting through your sessions, we're all wishing you a return to good health.

And, to all the Nottstalgians going through worrying times, stay strong and look on the bright side, you may never have found Nottstalgia on that search engine but now you have lots of friends wishing you well. 

• Upvote 8

I know the council are kind and give us a bus pass.

But I don't like being in this club. (senior citizen)

so sorry to here about member's  health problems,  hope fully you will all get better soon.

Just keep posting as a illness shared hopefully makes you feel better.

• Upvote 3

Chulla, I hope your chemo sessions continue to go smoothly from now on. Sounds like they've sorted the dosage, which apparently takes a few goes to get right according to what friends have told me. Carni, hope all goes well for you and you'll soon be 'on yer bike'. Michael, hope all went well for you today? I am sitting here, feet up for a few minutes, absolutely jiggered. Packed up and moved 2 houses, and trying to get another straight. But, I appreciate the fact I am fit enough to do this, and not going through any health worries right now. Here's to good health to all y'all.

• Upvote 7

Good Morning All, just a quick update. We didn't get home from Hospital until just after 10pm last night, slightly shaken but not stirred.  The sedation was still doing its work, so through the front door; straight up the stairs, hit my pillow and zzzzz. There is a problem but the surgeon didn't say immediate attention needed, just await biopsy results.

Oooooh am I enjoying my tea this morning, just about to have my third one, and might have something devilishly naughty for breakfast. :biggrin:

• Upvote 11

A brown buttered cob filled with well done bacon and lashings of HP sauce !

• Upvote 1

:hungr:Go for it Carni. What with the duff weather and all, you deserve it. Tuck in gal !

2 hours ago, FLY2 said:

A brown buttered cob filled with well done bacon and lashings of HP sauce !

Of course I never argue...... I'm known for not arguing..  ;)   .....  But for me a bacon 'buttie' has to be on good white bread.. no butter .. bacon well cooked but not crispy,   HP sauce optional.  Tomato Sauce NO NO NO!!! That is for burgers.. and softy Suvverners...

Not that I'm picky... obviously...  :)

Col

Carni.   Well done!!  Worrever yer want.  Gerritdahnya Gel.  :)

Col

I said Brown specifically Col, because I'm an advocate of healthy living and good dietary stuff LOL

Thanks for your good wishes regarding my operation yesterday. Everything went well and the only discomfort I had was the needle in the back of my hand. The anaesthetist told me that it would feel cold but it really started to hurt and before I could say anything I was asleep.

After the op I was taken back to my room and was given ham sandwiches (cheese and egg were the other options), biscuits and two cups of coffee. I got changed and watched the TV as I waited for my eldest daughter to collect me. This afternoon I felt really tired and my shoulders and stomach were aching. I took a couple of painkillers and went to bed for about three hours which did me good as I feel ok now.

I hope that your biopsy results go well for you, carni and my thoughts are also with Chulla during his treatment.

• Upvote 7

Well you should have Kath. It makes it so much more moist and palatable, as well done bacon can tend to be a little dry if too well done. Try it !

#898 Col, I missed your post, I just want to say sorry that you have now got more problems with your heart. I have read up quite a lot about heart failure, and only stick to the NHS site, because I don't completely trust other sites. I know heart failure sounds so scarey and is not usually reversible  but these days it can be treated and controlled and we can now look forward to living longer lives with the right medication and some healthy life style options.

At one time on some meds my heart rate went down to 48 and stayed like it for a couple of years, the docs weren't concerned with the slowness, but took me of it because it didn't stop the irregular beat AF. Also after my husbands heart attack approximately six years ago, having a stent, and heart meds, his beat went down to 48 and has stayed there  all these years since. I hope my post helps ease your mind.

• Upvote 3

Very pleased to hear things went smoothly for you, Michael.

Around 25 years ago, I had to attend the city hospital in Nottingham for an exploratory operation...daycase, like yourself. They insisted on doing a guided tour of where I'd be going...operating theatre, recovery room etc. I told them I didn't want to know! The doctor spoke to me beforehand to explain how the anaesthetic would be administered. Canula in the back of the hand and the anaesthetic would feel very cold.

I explained to him that if I was still conscious when i went into the theatre, they wouldn't get anywhere near me! "Oh, I'm sure you're pulling my leg!" said he with an indulgent smile.

30 minutes later, dressed in a gown and ridiculous long white socks, I was guided into the theatre with a nurse on either side. Instructed to get onto the table, my nerve started to go and when they approached with the canula, I was up, out of there and down the corridor, gown flying and white socks round my ankles, a la Nora Batty!

They ran after me and eventually had to sedate me heavily to get me back in the theatre.  Later on, I saw the doctor again. "You weren't joking were you?" he muttered, minus the indulgent smile.

I was there because it was thought I might need a hysterectomy. Hysterectomy? I would probably have broken every record ever laid down for running 100 miles if they'd even attempted it!  :wacko:

• Upvote 5
2 hours ago, carni said:

#898  I hope my post helps ease your mind.

Carni, your posts always help to ease my mind because you have such a straightforward, honest and positive way of looking at life, despite all of your own troubles.

Thanks for your kind thoughts.  I hope things all turn out well for you.

ColX

• Upvote 2