Ailments, Aches & Pains. (Let's hear them here)

I like my gout, Margie - it gives me an excuse to sit and be bone idle for a while, on occasion.

:situp:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Being the newbie I am to N.S. I couldn't work out how to reach out to Physical Perfection to tell him to get on with life as you never know what tomorrow will bring. Obviously at the moment time

I'm a happy Bunny tonight Went for my oncology visit after I had the P.E.T. scan and T.A.C. a couple of weeks ago and all is clear after the scare I had. The next process is due in 6 months after I ha

Well I hadn't intended contributing to this thread but do you want to know how many staples I've got in my tummy?!!  Actually I'll spare you the details but I want to put on record that my experience

Just back from my Cardiology Appointment.  The Doc wants me to have an Angiogram.  Had a couple of those before.  Not my favourite way of spending a day, but at least it shows somebody cares!  :)

Also happy to report that the exercises ( Yes Margie, I AM doing them.... ;) ) are helping my knee problem.

Wishing everyone else with 'issues', the best possible outcomes.

Col

• Upvote 1

Margie, yes MERLOT is mainly for wet AMD,  which is the most destructive. We did a trial at our hospital and it works for dry AMD too. 

Ah gout. I have it too. Well controlled with Allopurinol, but being vegetarian, lots of the stuff I eat is loaded with purines. 

6 hours ago, mercurydancer said:

Margie, yes MERLOT is mainly for wet AMD,  which is the most destructive. We did a trial at our hospital and it works for dry AMD too. 

Ah gout. I have it too. Well controlled with Allopurinol, but being vegetarian, lots of the stuff I eat is loaded with purines. 

I have been unable to reply to you in your post regarding your comments on my daughters treatment (probably press wrong buttons) my daughter has change her doctor their response to pain here take more tablets. If i can find out how to do it would you mind if i Sent you a pm.

Gem 

Set off to go fishing. Just down the road and realised that I had forgotten my 'close to' glasses that enable me to tie flies onto the line. So back hometo collect. Set off again and the batteries in the hearing implant device failed....back home to replace. Set off for a third time ....bugger! forgot to fit the denture plate. I could not possibly arrive at the fishing lodge and greet the delightful lady receptionist with a' 'gappy' smile :rolleyes: ..so back home again.... I'm thinking...good job I don't have to wear a truss or bag or take any medication, otherwise I would have to start out the day before:rolleyes:  OK slightly exagerating but it shows what is coming :rolleyes::biggrin: 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

No PP, it's not what is coming. It sounds like it's already there ! 

• Like 1

Was looking up at a Helicopter a few minutes ago......and it dawned on me........did'nt go dizzy..........so my Vertigo or whatever it was has gone,......then thought about the swelling under one eye........thats also gone.........me Toes are in good nick..........and the tube with long nozzle is no longer required,......Teeth are now good.........shaky hand hardly shakes..........knee joints stopped aching..........neck pain gone...........

So now going for a Fag on garden with big glass of Schnapps...........must be doing summat right.................:crazy:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Thanks for that Rog..........our bodies are funny things are'nt they.....................the only thing ive still got is the 'Husky Voice'.....but i like that,........Fat Lady dont seem to be singing for me just yet........might even join the over 50s football team.........that i deal with sometimes.........or am i pushing me luck.?......lol.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

If my services are not dispensed with tomorrow night............(got a meet with new company taking over)   i will see the over 50s team at the weekend and will give it a go,.................nice bunch of blokes.......i'll go in goal for first match        see how it pans out.........some good old fashioned players amongst em,...........................gonna go for it...............:crazy:...           

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
53 minutes ago, benjamin1945 said:

......so my Vertigo or whatever it was has gone,......then thought about the swelling under one eye........thats also gone.........me Toes are in good nick..........and the tube with long nozzle is no longer required,......Teeth are now good.........shaky hand hardly shakes..........knee joints stopped aching..........neck pain gone...........

So your avatar is now a fairly accurate representation of the current version of you.

• Like 1

LOL..............Cliff-ton......if i had a smaller Nose,and more Hair,slightly taller,with sexy eyes and 20 years younger.,and a few million in the bank..........i'd be a 'Dead ringer' for my Avatar....................lol.

• Upvote 1

Sounds like you are headed for a second teenage session, Ben.  There is a proper name for it.  I was gonna put menopause, but I know it can't be that.  :biggrin:. Maybe it's adolescence.  I don't know.  Enjoy it anyroad.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Jill Sparrow said:

must be doing summat right.................:crazy: except it was Ben who said it and not me!

Maybe he's discovered the Elixir of Youth!  So that's what he gets in that tiny cup at the counter in Bulwell Wethers...and he told us it was espresso! :wacko:

• Like 1
59 minutes ago, benjamin1945 said:

i had a smaller Nose,and more Hair,slightly taller,with sexy eyes and 20 years younger.,and a few million in the bank..........i'd be a 'Dead ringer' for my Avatar

Two can play at that game, Ben!  ;)

• Like 2

Ah Beautiful Jill............i'd have given her discount on anything she desired at Marsdens..............:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Upvote 1
On 9/1/2017 at 0:28 AM, Gem said:

I have been unable to reply to you in your post regarding your comments on my daughters treatment (probably press wrong buttons) my daughter has change her doctor their response to pain here take more tablets. If i can find out how to do it would you mind if i Sent you a pm.

Gem 

I am sure it is easy to send a PM. I have checked my inbox and nothing so far

When I saw Cardiologist on 31st Aug, he just told me that part of my heart wasn't getting a good blood supply and he wanted to do an Angiogram.  Me being dozy I didn't ask him which part.  I mean I know I already have a blocked artery to my right ventricle but I get by..  So does he mean another artery is getting blocked?

Anyway he said it would be 3-4 weeks until the Angiogram and so yesterday only 7 days after my appointment they sent me another one for a 'Pre Op' .

Now I am confused...  Never had a 'pre op' for an Angiogram before...  :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...

Recieved phone call this morning from the QMC eye dept, can you be here this saturday ? Yes, no problem says I. Is it for the urgent refferal appointment I've been waiting for ?

No she says, we should have gave you an appointment back in March, 3 months after your laser surgery but yo got missed off the list !  Ah well.

• Upvote 1