Ailments, Aches & Pains. (Let's hear them here)

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Being the newbie I am to N.S. I couldn't work out how to reach out to Physical Perfection to tell him to get on with life as you never know what tomorrow will bring. Obviously at the moment time

I'm a happy Bunny tonight Went for my oncology visit after I had the P.E.T. scan and T.A.C. a couple of weeks ago and all is clear after the scare I had. The next process is due in 6 months after I ha

Well I hadn't intended contributing to this thread but do you want to know how many staples I've got in my tummy?!!  Actually I'll spare you the details but I want to put on record that my experience

Had another eye doctor appointment yesterday.  Lots of fancy computerized pictures of the inside of my eyes.  Anyway my eye pressure is now down 30% thanks to the drops.  Cataract shows little change since last visit so go home and we'll see you in January for a normal checkup.  He said doing cataract surgery right now would probably not make a major difference and so he didn't want to put me through that now.  I agreed! ;)

I'm starting to like this guy.

• Upvote 1

Early appointment with the phlebotomist this morning. More blood letting! Fasting, so no breakfast or coffee! Took two attempts, so I've a hole in both arms! :angry:

Then yet another ECG! Perfect working order. Doctor is worried about my cholesterol levels. Told her it runs in the family but no one has died from a heart attack or stroke. I refuse to take statins. Traipse back in a week's time for the results! Keeps someone in a job, I suppose.

Now, where's my breakfast?! ;)

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Aagh. Aagh, ooer . Still in bed feeling sorry for mesen. Spent a whole year going backwards and forwards to B-ham dental hospital, having treatment to try to save a large back tooth, finally had it crowned a while ago but still got toothache, so yesterday they took it out. Warfarin, causing a bit of problem, so I am packed and stitched and  feel like I've done a round with  Joe Bugner (One of mi dads old sayings). Mashed tatas and gravy for me today. Still the b.g...s out now. Solpadeine Max, taken at 8oclock just kicking in now, But only lop sided smiles today. Hope I don't frighten little kids.....no promises!:biggrin:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

No chance of an elephants foot then Carni ?

• Like 1

Carni, sorry you are in pain.  Not a lot worse than tooth pain.. ( even if the offending tooth is gone..) so here's hoping it goes away soon.

Had my Angiogram yesterday.  It all went well and couldn't have been more different to the horrible one I had previously at Arrowe Park hospital on the Wirral.

All very calm.  Lots of attention from very nice nurses etc. I also think that the 5Mg, Diazepam I asked for helped more than a bit... :) Definitely no shakes this time.

Not allowed to lift anything at all yesterday, apart from cups of tea, biscuits or forkfuls of food.  It was awful..

No driving, heavy lifting or Gymnastics for a couple of days. .  Pity.. I enjoy an hour or two on the parallel bars most days.... :rolleyes:.

Anyway.  The good news is that the arteries in my ticker are still good, except for the one we already knew about, which is basically a lost cause.  Doc said he thought my symptoms were probably mostly down to just ageing and slow progression of left ventricular failure, controllable with drugs.

So.. It's a case of 'keep taking the tablets.. only more of 'em'...  :blink:

Col

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

At the next meetup we'll have to have a "bring & share" you can have some of mine & I'll try some of yours !

Been awake most of the night (again) at one point I had my head down the bog having a good old puke ! Wondered why this morning I had a sore throat !

:)  'Share a Pill'  Could have some interesting outcomes that...

Mike.  There are a heluvalot of 'pukey' bugs about at present.  Picko tells me half of Boowul has had them..  Is it that?

Sorry you're still feeling rough, Catfan.  I reckon it's better to go without food completely when you're feeling grotty - just drink plenty of fluids and sleep a lot!  That's what Paul did when he felt nauseous last weekend and he is now better (although he lost 3 Kg in weight). 

Glad Paul feeling better Margie.........only met him the once......but he looks as if he's same as me,.....don't put weight on easily ?

Actually Ben, Paul does have to be careful what he eats but he plays table tennis twice a week which keeps him fit.  Also, he is always the one who ends up stacking up all the chairs at church and helping me to clear up for over 2 hours after each of the 2 Toddler .Groups .... and he is still working outside at the moment putting some shelves up in the shed after clearing up the fallen leaves and cutting the lawn.  He is very active!

• Like 2

Something just popped up on my Facebook newsfeed about macular degeneration, which I have.  It spoke about various hallucinations that can happen to sufferers of this.  It is called Charles Bonnet syndrome and one of the hallucinations mentioned was rats running over the carpet and people walking across the room.  It reminded me of Nonna's mum who 'saw' mice in her bedroom and also  someone walking out of a wall? Door? Perhaps this was the cause?   It makes fascinating reading if you want to google it.  I haven't put a link as there are several sites about it.

I tried  to send Nonna a pm but there was no 'message' box to click on.  Don't know why..

I don't have actual hallucinations except sometimes  in the fraction of a second before I wake up suddenly ....but I can  see gardens - and sometimes people - when I half close my eyes in the dark.  It's quite interesting, so I occasionally try to do it!!

Interesting that Margie..........must have been what my Dad had........he was convinced he could see little people running all over his bed........we put it down to his medication ,.....they never scared him in fact i think he quite enjoyed it...........i too have hallucinations often just before waking in the morning,and must admit don't mind em...........often think i'm in a house (one of several) that i used to live in........the mind is something i don't think anyone really understands......in fact often wake up with a different wife..........lol.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Maude my land-lady in Coalville back in the 60s certainly left an impression with you Loppy..............as she did with me............thankfully she's never part of my 'hallucinations''.............bless her..............

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I have a friend whose husband was diagnosed with Parkinson's disease. He suffered with it for many years and was taking very high doses of the Levadopa drug, Madopar. Levadopa can be very beneficial for mobility in Parkinson's but can also cause horrendous side effects, including hallucinations, which many people find terrifying. My friend's husband was fortunate. His main hallucination was Jerry, the mouse, from the Tom and Jerry cartoons! Jerry often appeared on the kitchen worktop and danced around! I don't think he was a particularly avid fan of Tom and Jerry but then I don't suppose you can choose your own hallucination! As Ben said, we understand very little about the brain.

• Like 1

Thanks for bringing up Parkinson’s yes you can get hallucinations but it’s the condition not so much the meds. Also you can get R.E.M. this is when you go to sleep and have vivid dreams. Normal people when they go to sleep there body freezes this is the only way l can explain it when you have R.E.M. you live your dreams. My husband has R.E.M. he has jumped out of bed ran into walls had me by the throat and lots of other bad dreams. 

I also have Parkinson’s 

• Like 1