Ailments, Aches & Pains. (Let's hear them here)

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Being the newbie I am to N.S. I couldn't work out how to reach out to Physical Perfection to tell him to get on with life as you never know what tomorrow will bring. Obviously at the moment time

I'm a happy Bunny tonight Went for my oncology visit after I had the P.E.T. scan and T.A.C. a couple of weeks ago and all is clear after the scare I had. The next process is due in 6 months after I ha

Well I hadn't intended contributing to this thread but do you want to know how many staples I've got in my tummy?!!  Actually I'll spare you the details but I want to put on record that my experience

Of course the usual suspects will play on fears but I don't read newspapers and get most of my news from the BBC and from reputable online sources such as NHS, BMA etc.  This disease is killing people, especially older people with underlying health issues.  Also, because it is new, nobody has any immuniity.. which is presumably why it seems so easily transmissible.

We can't even get any reliable figures on how many in the UK are killed by 'seasonal' flu each year, with the BMA and the ONS stats differing wildly, so it's not surprising that the stats for COVID-19 are so vague.

I will take all the usual precautions that I take in any winter, particularly with regard to keeping my hands away from mouth nose and eyes especially if I've been in shops, on public transport etc.  On top of those, and depending on how thngs develop, I'm quite prepared to stay away from crowded places for a very long time if necessary.

• Like 1

I've never enjoyed large crowds for any reason.  I like to go to one small supermarket that carries a lot of fresh and none GMO foods, and our little church, which tends to have a congregation of around fifty on an average.  I don't ride public transit and I'm not planning on flying any time soon.  So apart from personal cleanliness and a bit of vitamin C  I don't think one can do much else.

• Like 1

On the Korean flight to L.A. one person had a mask plus a full face perspex shield. Another had mask plus reflective ski goggles!  Eee, the sights you see when you don't have your gun. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, benjamin1945 said:

Think you correct Jill,,had to go to Kingsmill A and E this morning,, arrived at 9.30 left at 10.40,,all done,,never seen an A and E so quiet,,

My father in law had a fall mid week. He hit his head and caused a momentary loss of consciousness and a nasty but small cut. He was at the QMC 11 hours, mainly waiting and waiting. He said it was like a war zone. Extremely busy with lots on trolleys. He made me smile though as he complained ‘they put me with a load of old folk’. He’s 85.

• Like 3
  • 1 month later...

I woke early this morning (Monday) with a violent case of the 'trots', a headache, nausea, dizziness and a stiff neck.  Not really what you want in the current environment and I was worried, but managed to get couple more hours of rather fitful sleep.

Got out of bed feeling dire.  'Flu-ish feelings in stomach and down spine to lower back. Chills and the shakes. but no temperature.

I eventually worked out that it is almost certainly an ear problem.  My left ear does seem to 'go-off' with little provocation.  A few drops in the ear, a bit of Valium.  Double value from that as it helps with both the real symptoms and the anxiety.

Didn't eat much all day and barely moved off the couch.. but I'm a bit better now.  Will see what tomorrow brings.

Hope you're soon on top of it, col.  Hang in there mate

Had a bad night myself for different reasons.  Heavy thunderstorms and tornadoes.  Atlanta really got knocked about a bit.  Houses and trees smashed, lots of areas without power.  It hit at 2 a.m. and lasted til 4 a.m.  As we watched the weather radar on tv we could see it weakening as it came our way at 60mph.  When it hit us it was just heavy rain and thunder, but you never know if there's a tornado embedded in there.  Thankfully there wasn't.  Went back to bed at 4 a.m. slept to 6:30 a.m.  Felt like a wet rag all day.

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, loppylugs said:

Felt like a wet rag all day

I'm not surprised LL...  two and a half hours is neither use nor ornament.  :No1:

• Like 1

Hope you are feeling better soon DJ360 and you are back to your normal self. LL have a couch day and catch up on your sleep , as a  poor sleeper myself I know what it feels like with very little sleep. 

• Like 3

Thanks for the response folks.  Actually, Brew,  I got three hours before the first rumble of thunder, then 2 or so after it passed, but I think I was on edge knowing it was coming.

Made up for it last night, slept like a log,  (dog  :biggrin: ).  Only got up for a pee once.  Must be a record.  Feel a bit more like a pup again this morning.

• Like 4

Woke up this morning feeling a lot better.  However... when I got up and moving I felt a bit ropey though not as bad as yesterday.  Spent a good few hours on the Sun lounger.  Surprising how warm 13 Degrees C can feel in still air with strong Sun. :tanning:

Went for a walk around 5 pm.  I expected many to be home, getting ready for Tea/Dinner/Supper whatever. but no.  Cyclists, runners, walkers everywhere.  Difficult to keep distance.

A half hour walk wiped me out.  Whatever got me yesterday still affecting me.  But I do feel much better. :)

• Like 2

Good I'm glad but looking at the timing of your postings I'd hazard a guess you are robbing yourself of sleep so that's not helping Col.

I've always been a night person Brew.  Never was much on early mornings.  I didn't get out of bed till well after 10:00 a.m. yesterday and spent much of the day dozing.

• 1 month later...

Now I've gorra bloomin' Hernia.

Diagnosed it myself via the internet, but the doc confirmed it yesterday.  He's making me an apptmt with a surgeon this week to confirm and discuss it.  Just what I needed!!!

Never had surgery, never been in a hospital.

No lifting for now.  How's a guy supoosed to wotk in his garden?   :(

Have any of you men had this problem?   How did it turn out?

Thanks Phil.  Pretty much what I expected.  I'd have a hard time disciplining myself not to overdo it for six weeks though.  I was hoping there might be a none surgical solution, but I doubt it.

You be ok Loppy...........i had one back in 1964,,,probably caused by lifting Barrels of Tub butter for Marsdens,,,bit different in those days,,,in City Hospital for a week,,,and told when leaving.......'''No Humping for at least 6 months''''.........still  lifted the Butter Barrels though.........lol

Hernia repair is very straightforward. Procedure is either keyhole i.e. laparoscopic or open i.e. conventional.  A friend had one done last year. Day case surgery. Need to be sensible afterwards but, otherwise, not a problem.

• Like 1