Ailments, Aches & Pains. (Let's hear them here)

Its amazing when you think about it. Today there is all these fancy dog and cat foods. A mulitimillion dollar industry. Even websites devoted to what is best. Yet in our day they mostly got table scraps and hand outs. They seemed to thrive on them just as well.

• Upvote 3
  • Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Being the newbie I am to N.S. I couldn't work out how to reach out to Physical Perfection to tell him to get on with life as you never know what tomorrow will bring. Obviously at the moment time

I'm a happy Bunny tonight Went for my oncology visit after I had the P.E.T. scan and T.A.C. a couple of weeks ago and all is clear after the scare I had. The next process is due in 6 months after I ha

Well I hadn't intended contributing to this thread but do you want to know how many staples I've got in my tummy?!!  Actually I'll spare you the details but I want to put on record that my experience

Whatever happened to Kattomeat? None of your terrine avec poulet et broccoli et petit pois in those days.

My first cat, Byron, was a gorgeous boy but prone to flatulence. My partner dubbed him a special breed known as the Derbyshire Far*ing Tabby! Vegetables wouldn't have helped the problem!

• Upvote 4

My cue!!

I just wanted to say....... (Cont'd page 97)

• 2 weeks later...

Well the day has arrived for my Cardiac appointment with Dr Arya New Cross.I had the heart monitor on again in May, so we will see today what they have got in store for me. 9.15am appointment' so I won't have to bite my nails all day. Feeling scared, a real chicken when it comes to hospitals, wish I could run in the opposite direction. Perhaps if I smile sweetly at her, she will be nice and give me good news. :biggrin:

• Upvote 4

Same here Carni, and I hope that you can celebrate with a sickly cream cake.

Here too Carni. Hope it's good news.

Col X

Just hang in there Carni, you will be fine xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I also went to see my cardiologist today, carni. The horse pills are still doing me some good - PSA now down to 15.7 (from 29). So, carry on and come back in a month.

• Upvote 6

Sorry I am late replying to all your lovely posts, I couldn't get on site to tell you the results of my Cardiac Visit.

Firstly, So very pleased to read that your Horse Tablets are working Chulla, and your PSA number down. Your doing OK Miduck. :)

My visit was not too good. The cardiologist only confirmed what I had already sussed over the last few weeks. The procedure I had a couple of years ago for AF was a success, but I have now developed SVT or AT, and afraid it means, another op. When the cardiologist has gone into my heart via the Femoral Artery she will discover which one is causing the problem. I can stay on meds, but they are not controlling my problem and will damage my heart further over time, so really I don't have a choice, get it over with while I am still a kid.

Hope my description is not too gory for you, as you have probably guessed I am a coward, OK at the moment but will start, to get the screaming abdabs at a closer date. I know it's a long post, but I promise not to go on anymore. Thank you all for your good wishes.x :)

• Upvote 8

Wer'nt too Gory at all mi-duck...........i only passed out for a couple of minutes.........and don't try being the biggest coward,.cos i am...........seriously carnie you know we all with you.......you'll sort it..............

• Upvote 1

Sorry the news about your heart isn't so good, Carni. Do you know how long the waiting list is for your op? Both of us send our best wishes and hope that you'll still be able to carry on as usual with your life for the foreseeable future - cycling, dancing and all! xx

• Upvote 1

Thank you Margie, No idea how long, but the warfarin levels have to be on target for three consecutive weeks before I will be considered, then there is the usual formalities. For me, the sooner the better, but I have to say, I can do all of my hobbies, no probs, I just have to do things slower, and when my heart goes into overdrive I just stand still till it passes.I am a master of disguise when it is happening. Love my cycling and dancing, we had a 10miler at 9am before it got to warm,

• Upvote 2

Really sorry that the news was not so good, carni. You will have enlighten me as to what SVT and AT is, please.