Ailments, Aches & Pains. (Let's hear them here)

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Being the newbie I am to N.S. I couldn't work out how to reach out to Physical Perfection to tell him to get on with life as you never know what tomorrow will bring. Obviously at the moment time

I'm a happy Bunny tonight Went for my oncology visit after I had the P.E.T. scan and T.A.C. a couple of weeks ago and all is clear after the scare I had. The next process is due in 6 months after I ha

Well I hadn't intended contributing to this thread but do you want to know how many staples I've got in my tummy?!!  Actually I'll spare you the details but I want to put on record that my experience

One of the unexpected benefits of Nottstalgia ........ if you aren't feeling too well, you can come on here and talk about it; and within a few minutes someone else will be along who is suffering worse than you, so then you feel better.

• Upvote 3

Glad you are o-k, Carni. Very unpleasant experience. I would be willing to bet that the dr. said, vertigo.

Some of yers 'avin a rough ride just now. Hope you and those you love are all soon back on yer feet.

Edited to add. Maybe the docs trying to learn Nottinghamese and what he actually said was, wasupwiyo?

• Upvote 4

Hope you'll soon feel better Carni, and back to your old self - don't mean 'old' old btw....

• Upvote 1

Carni hes fine thanks and back and slaving over a hot stove.!! He got the results immediately and everything is perfect.

• Upvote 1

Bit late responding to Carni's account of a worrying night. Rest up and get well soon. Hope you will be fit enough for a quick trip to Nottingham on Wednesday duckeh!

• Upvote 1

Hopefully you'll be better soon Carni. Just lay off the cream cakes for a day.

• Upvote 2

Would you believe it catfan; that is exactly what we have had! We did share and didn't eat all of the chips. Now the Cadburys Fruit and Nut, that is a different matter. I let Chris look at a square. :biggrin:

• Upvote 2
  • 3 weeks later...

Just had a phone call from QMC if I can attend tomorrow for a neurophysiology test ! Where needles & electrodes will be fixed on my legs etc. to check for extent of nerve damage.

Mrs Catfan outside in the garden having a giggling fit, she says tomorrow I get plugged into the mains noblue

Catfan, hope everything will go well for your neurophysiology test tomorrow. Is it going to tickle I wonder!

• Upvote 1

Apparently yes Margie ! noblue

Electromyography, or EMG, is used to diagnose nerve and muscle dysfunction and spinal cord disease. It records the electrical activity from the brain and/or spinal cord to a peripheral nerve root (found in the arms and legs) that controls muscles during contraction and at rest.

During an EMG, very fine wire electrodes are inserted into a muscle to assess changes in electrical voltage that occur during movement and when the muscle is at rest. The electrodes are attached through a series of wires to a recording instrument. Testing usually takes place at a testing facility and lasts about an hour but may take longer, depending on the number of muscles and nerves to be tested. Most patients find this test to be somewhat uncomfortable.

An EMG is usually done in conjunction with a nerve conduction velocity (NCV) test, which measures electrical energy by assessing the nerve’s ability to send a signal. This two-part test is conducted most often in a hospital. A technician tapes two sets of flat electrodes on the skin over the muscles. The first set of electrodes is used to send small pulses of electricity (similar to the sensation of static electricity) to stimulate the nerve that directs a particular muscle. The second set of electrodes transmits the responding electrical signal to a recording machine. The physician then reviews the response to verify any nerve damage or muscle disease. Patients who are preparing to take an EMG or NCV test may be asked to avoid caffeine and not smoke for 2 to 3 hours prior to the test, as well as to avoid aspirin and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs for 24 hours before the EMG. There is no discomfort or risk associated with this test.

• Upvote 2

Same here. Good luck Catfan!

• Upvote 1