Ailments, Aches & Pains. (Let's hear them here)

Of course there are sandals with style. I've been wearing them for years. Even Matalan should have some to see you through the summer!

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Being the newbie I am to N.S. I couldn't work out how to reach out to Physical Perfection to tell him to get on with life as you never know what tomorrow will bring. Obviously at the moment time

I'm a happy Bunny tonight Went for my oncology visit after I had the P.E.T. scan and T.A.C. a couple of weeks ago and all is clear after the scare I had. The next process is due in 6 months after I ha

Well I hadn't intended contributing to this thread but do you want to know how many staples I've got in my tummy?!!  Actually I'll spare you the details but I want to put on record that my experience

You tell em.....

• Upvote 1

TBH, although I'm 'ripping into' Benjamin in a light hearted way, I wouldn't wear sandals.

I'm barefoot most of the time at home and even do most of my gardening barefoot in the summer, but I don't wear sandals out and about.

• Upvote 3

Good man Catfan...............wife did'nt get any yesterday afterall..........she knew i wouldnt/could'nt possibly wear em....................

• Upvote 1

I do like sandals in the summer months, I have all sorts, traditional brown leather crisscross top ones I think I have heard the term Jesus sandals? mine might be the female version, comfortable for walks. I have dressy ones, they have twinkly glass beads, silver sparkly ones, brown sparkly ones, white bead ones, pink bead ones,a couple of pair of different colored ones with wedge heels, a few pair that could do with going to the charity shop, but I can't bring myself to let them go.

At home I am like DJ360, I never wear shoes, even in the garden, and if it rains i love to walk through the wet grass barefoot. I haven't trodden on a bee yet! but I have squelched through mud sometimes. Sorry benjamin,probably your worse nightmare.lol. It's the hippy in me. :biggrin:

• Upvote 5

They not too bad on women carnie...........as long as you don't ask me to wipe the mud off...........enjoy the Monsal trail me duck,great day for it.............

• Upvote 2

LL, I suppose I would have to forgo the pleasure of squiging warm wet mud between my toes ever again if I lived in "Snake Land" and I do so enjoy it.(Sorry again benjamin) lol.

• Upvote 2

Been to see the Doc tonight as planned. Blood count low ? whatever that means, a few more HGs should sort that out I suspect hellothere

All other results spot on.

Well I once had what everybody thought was another 'Ticker' wobble. (I seem to have a few of them..). Anyway the only thing abut my 'bloods' was that I was a bit anaemic. They tried to claim it was down to my entirely reasonable and moderate consumption of alcoholic beverages and prescribed me 'Vitamin B Compound 'Forte'.

Since then, I take Vit B compound regularly. Not even daily but every other day. And I no longer have a drink problem ..... ;)

Col

My wife has been suffering with ingrowing toenails which was caused by her chemotherapy. I'm taking her to have an op on her big toes tomorrow. They slice and remove the nail down both sides and then put a chemical there to stop that part of the nail growing again. She'll be out of action for a few weeks so my workload will be even worse. It's hard work being a housewife, or should I say househusband. :biggrin:

• Upvote 7

Ouch. Making my toes curl thinking about it, Michael. But it's a means to an end, and no more sore toes. She sure has been put through the mill this past year. I hope the future is much brighter for her.

• Upvote 2

Attended the clinic for that many years...I got invited to the staff dances!!

Dr.Petgrave was a top nail jockey- after he retired.. terrible times/arguments/needle snaps and anesthesia rows!

My wife has been suffering with ingrowing toenails which was caused by her chemotherapy. I'm taking her to have an op on her big toes tomorrow. They slice and remove the nail down both sides and then put a chemical there to stop that part of the nail growing again. She'll be out of action for a few weeks so my workload will be even worse. It's hard work being a housewife, or should I say househusband. :biggrin:

My sympathies to you both Michael. Hope she's on the mend soon.

col

Mrs C & I had to take Monty to the vet this morning. He's been a bit of colour lately also quite lethargic. Also noticed he has not been very active, last couple of mornings he hasn't come upstairs at 4am ish to get us up !

Vet discovered that he had a bit of an ear infection & his old war wound problem his nearside hip was seizing up again giving the poor old lad some grief.

Fortunately his blood test revealed all well regarding kidneys & liver etc. So was able to have immediate pain killing injection. A poor result would have painted a much bleaker picture for him.

Our prayer's were answered & very soon he will be back to his normal self ! For a little longer, he ain't doing bad for a lad of nearly twenty !

Me ? In agony after paying the £140 bill. nobluenobluenoblue

• Upvote 7

Glad Monty is recovering. It's so disheartening and soul destroying when you know they are in pain and there's nothing you can immediately do to help them. I'm rooting for you Monty old lad !

• Upvote 2

#342. Actually, Carnie, its not really as black As I paint it.

You do see one or two around. I've even seen a Copperhead on the road in the subdivision. They are not aggressive and will usually try to avoid human contact. Biggest danger would be stepping on one by not seeing it.

I guess I'm a bit snakeophobic (is that a word?). Anyway being bitten would definitely lead to some ailments aches and pains. Assuming you survived. :-)

• Upvote 1

LL, You are doing the most sensible thing wearing shoes, I'm pretty sure I would never walk barefoot again if I saw a snake. If I trod on a worm, that would be enough to send me running for shoes. If a bee stung me or any insect bit me, because I was bare foot I wouldn't be so quick to leave my shoes off again.

That could happen in the UK nevermind here. I guess you've just got to make your own mud, and make sure there's no nasties in it. :-)

Edited to add: A lot of hunters here wear Snakeboots. These come up to the knees and protect the lower legs. Useful in the woods.

• Upvote 1

I love 'em all. Cats and dogs. Actually I think dogs are more work than cats. If you are going to treat them right they need walks and quite a bit of time. They tend to be more social than cats. I think.

• Upvote 2