Ailments, Aches & Pains. (Let's hear them here)

Very funny that ! Jameson's has the same effect on me. My hearing deteriorates, and my argumentative powers diminish too. 

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Being the newbie I am to N.S. I couldn't work out how to reach out to Physical Perfection to tell him to get on with life as you never know what tomorrow will bring. Obviously at the moment time

I'm a happy Bunny tonight Went for my oncology visit after I had the P.E.T. scan and T.A.C. a couple of weeks ago and all is clear after the scare I had. The next process is due in 6 months after I ha

Well I hadn't intended contributing to this thread but do you want to know how many staples I've got in my tummy?!!  Actually I'll spare you the details but I want to put on record that my experience

I just get pissed.

• 3 weeks later...

After about a week of mostly being indoors and decorating, I took a walk up to the pharmacy yesterday afternoon about 4:00pm to collect my repeat prescriptions.  Even though I knew it was colder and wore gloves and a hat etc, the cold came as a helluva shock. Then walked down to the shops for a couple of bits and was robbed of £20 by a faulty ATM. Went into the shop but was told they have no control over the machine. Poor dear who used it after me was robbed of £50.  Spent an hour on the phone trying to sort that out.

Then walked the half mile or so home and felt very unwell by the time I was back indoors.  Couldn't figure out what was up.

Hour or so later, feeling a bit better, walked out again with three neighbours to the local history society meeting.  Listened to an excellent talk then walked back up the village to the pub and was really struggling when we got there.  It finally dawned on me that this was angina, most likely brought on by the cold wind on my chest. And naturally, after years of never going any where without a GTN spray (And never needing one) I found myself without one.  Fortunately, in a local pub full of old Domino players etc., you don't have to ask around too much to track a GTN spray...

Two shots and a few minutes later I was fine again.

Worth a chat to the Doc though.

Col

I expect your spray is out of date by now, Col.  Yes, you need to make a Dr's appointment - the weather is probably going to get colder!  None  of us is invincible...

• Upvote 1

Sorry to read about your experience Col; thankfully there was help at the pub. As you say; you carried your spray around all that time and never needed it, the one time you didn't have it with you, it was needed. Chris has one, and as usual it is on the sideboard, instead of in his pocket. Hope you get a new one soon and hopefully remember to carry it with you. Take care.

• Upvote 1

Paul has 3 sprays - one in his car, one in his tabletennis bag and one by our bed (!!) He tells me he's only used one of those - and that was probably indigestion he says.  Not going to tell you in which location the spray was....

• Upvote 2

Margie and Carni, thanks.

I've got three of four sprays which are in date.  Just didn't have one with me when I needed it.

Guess I'm not half as clever as some of the people here think I think I am.... :rotfl:

Col

• Upvote 1

I think that's absolutely right Margie.

It seems to me that we are all made up of a series of personality traits which mostly sit on continua so that we are all more or less intelligent/stupid, wise/foolish, passionate/indifferent, courageous/timid, tolerant/intolerant and so on. I reckon personality traits are pretty much fixed. (Barring accidents, such as strokes and other brain injuries for example, which can change things dramatically,  (My wife insists that I've become more argumentative since I had two strokes.  Obviously she's wrong... ;)  )

We each also have our own range of knowledge and experience, which I believe shapes our attitudes to lots of the things we meet in life,, but our basic personality remains the same. Sadly some of our learned responses to things/situations aren't entirely positive.

I'm happy to admit that I very often let my heart rule my head. If I perceive an injustice, or am just faced with an expression of stereotyping/intolerance, I find it very difficult not to question such assumptions, because stereotypes are always wrong.

Anyway Margie, I've borrowed from your wisdom, dug out all of my GTN sprays and strategically placed them in car/assorted coats/ by the bed etc.

Col

• Upvote 1

Col, I'm not sure that intelligence and the other things you mention are fixed  personality traits - not even sure that some of them can even be classed as such, especially intelligence and wisdom.  I do know that I am a very different person from the one I used to be when I was young - hopefully more tolerant and wise.  

I am unhappy when people excuse their negative behaviour by saying things like 'It's just the way I am'  or when people say about someone else: 'They'll never change!'  I believe everyone can become the person they TRULY want to be, although some things about ourselves are harder to refine than others (and which particular things will be different for each individual) 

For myself, I just want to be the person God wants me to be...

• Upvote 2

Well said Margie          looking back I realise ive hurt people,but at the time didn't realise,never intended to......so whilst I always thought I was a nice person I realise with age I left much to be desired,,,,,,,,,,,,i like to think i'm much calmer and less reactionary,,,,,,,and certainly more thoughtful,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

• Upvote 2

Not wanting to inflame a past argument, but very often, stereotypes ARE right. 

• Upvote 1

We love em really though. I've been on tenterhooks all day, worrying about Bruno and his friend, Homer, who are at the vet for neutering. Homer is a lovely black & white boy, a stray who is so affectionate that I know he must have been someone's pet at some stage. Vet says they are both fine, have come round from the anaesthetic and I can collect them in half an hour or so.

Walked out of the vet this morning and was stopped by the receptionist who pointed out the sticky label stuck to my fleece which stated 'For Neutering!'  It had come off one of the cat transporters!  I'd have received some strange looks in the supermarket!  :wacko:

• Upvote 5