Ailments, Aches & Pains. (Let's hear them here)

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Being the newbie I am to N.S. I couldn't work out how to reach out to Physical Perfection to tell him to get on with life as you never know what tomorrow will bring. Obviously at the moment time

I'm a happy Bunny tonight Went for my oncology visit after I had the P.E.T. scan and T.A.C. a couple of weeks ago and all is clear after the scare I had. The next process is due in 6 months after I ha

Well I hadn't intended contributing to this thread but do you want to know how many staples I've got in my tummy?!!  Actually I'll spare you the details but I want to put on record that my experience

Sounds a bit like hip displacia, Ian.  I once owned a Colly/Husky cross who developed that.  It was sad to see the poor guy struggling to get up.  Had to have him put down in the end.  That's when I got the Lab.

The vets sometimes give glucosomine for that.  Didn't seem to help poor old Sam though.

Confused Dave,maybe a bit of advice please.

Lucy is 13 in December and each year she develops a new facet to her personality.

Last year when fussing her she started this talking sound....but she also does it when she lies on the mat.

We give her Cod Liver Oil and change her grub.

Recently "cuddles" is the word that sends her tail wagging!

Is that noise she makes...means pain?

Ian.

Ian, how is she walking/running does she favour one particular leg? With out more info it really is impossible to be accurate as it could be so many things at her age from general aches and pains to a touch of arthur ritas to some thing worse.

I know I have started moaning a little when I get up or down..................

Thanks Dave,she walks a lot slower..Labs as you know love 2 things..company and food!

Lucy piled on the weight when her hubby Bounty a golden retriever passed away 3 years ago...she didn't bark for over a year and sat on his grave for 2 weeks!

We have cut down portions- but I think arthritis is the problem.

Cheers Dave.

538.  Can't give you much advice Ian, 'cos I'm like you.  Not an expert on dog illness, but I know bigger dogs like Labs are prone to hip problems.  Arthritis can also be a problem as others have said.  I think the cod liver oil is a good idea, won't hurt and might lube things up a bit.

Funny you should mention glucosamine I have been on it for about 4 years now and it helps with my knee pain (to many years of bending pipe over em). But whether that is it working or it's in my mind I don't know and to be honest don't care.

I do know its bloody expensive on the high street so I get mine from the Channel Islands.

• 2 weeks later...

Had a certain problem ive been seriously worried about for a few weeks,and today was my day to have it diagnosed at City Hospital...........fearing the worst I had the Examination..............and excellent news,its something fairly minor.so i'm feeling elated............without going into detail the process involved long tubes inserted into delicate area.........eyes watered but I stayed brave...............

• Upvote 1

Benjamin, pleased your worst fears weren't realised.  Hope whatever it is can be treated without too much bother

• Upvote 1

Know just how you feel Ben earlier this year I had a swollen shall we say one of two and had to go for an ultrasound at the city.

I could have kissed the man when after several minutes he smiled and said 'nothing to worry about NBL just some fluid'. Never have I been so relieved.

• Upvote 2

Thanks all..............and NBL I know what you mean about ''felt like kissing''.........I did kiss the lady on her hand felt so relieved..........then it dawned on me...........she'd just examined me,.........but ey-ho,.............lol

• Upvote 5

In't it funny when us blokes go for one of these wonderful rear end with a rubber snake jobs, it's always a very attractive lady that appears to do the biz, yet when my good lady last had hers she got a lovely big bloke with very hairy arms (her words not mine) maybe they do it deliberately.

• Upvote 1