Ailments, Aches & Pains. (Let's hear them here)

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Being the newbie I am to N.S. I couldn't work out how to reach out to Physical Perfection to tell him to get on with life as you never know what tomorrow will bring. Obviously at the moment time

I'm a happy Bunny tonight Went for my oncology visit after I had the P.E.T. scan and T.A.C. a couple of weeks ago and all is clear after the scare I had. The next process is due in 6 months after I ha

Well I hadn't intended contributing to this thread but do you want to know how many staples I've got in my tummy?!!  Actually I'll spare you the details but I want to put on record that my experience

Just an observation....

If I get a cold.. which isn't that often, I'm usually clear of it in about 5 days.  This year seems to be majoring on a sort of chesty cold which takes a long time to go away.  Mrs Col, my daughter, grandkids and other family members both here and in Nottm seem to have had it.  I'm feeling fine about a month into this but still coughing and a bit bunged up.

Carry on.....  :)

Thanks Lizzie.  My patience has been rewarded.  My cough disappeared this morning, to be replaced a headache and the start of another streaming cold...

Bah! Humbug!

Going to bed..

Mutter mutter..

Etc.

My cold got worse and 'peaked' last Friday before suddenly getting better late Saturday.  Sunday was about the same.  Then Monday(yesterday) I pottered about doing a few things and suddenly around tea time iI was clobbered with it again.  Feeling terrible, coughing for England etc.  I opted for a warming bath and finished up lying in a bath of hot water but with my back still freezing.  Drained the bath and tried a hot shower.  Quite bizarre.. I was under a hot shower, shivering with 'cold'.

Then spent a very long sleepless night alternately sweating and freezing in bed.

Have not ventured much further than the couch today and feel a bit better, but have worked out that a lot of it seems to be centered on my left ear and left maxillary sinus.  That would probs explain why I felt so crap yesterday.

Oh well..

Col

It felt a bit that way for a while Margie, but I'm just back to the stuffy head and the cough again.  To be honest what with the sweating etc., I was wondering about pneumonia for a bit, but it seems to be improving a bit again.  I always get the flu jab so it's possible I've had something like a flu bug that's 'moderated' a bit by the jab.  I also had the pneumonia jab a while ago and not sure whether it needs boosting and how often.

I'm sure it will sort itself out eventually.

Col

There is a cold virus doing the rounds Col that finishes and restarts....fever, sore ears , eyes , runny nose .....if it was flu or pneumonia , you wouldn't feel like posting on here or having a bath 

Be patient, go steady but keep active .......

The 89 year old neighbour I keep an eye on has just been round to ask me to run an errand. Ok, I don't mind doing that, even though I'm trying to pack to go away.   But what is more disturbing is that he's also informed me he's got TB ....... ooooerrrr!  Don't think I've been too close to him recently thank goodness.  He told me last week that he was coughing up blood.   The GP has phoned him this morning to inform him that following a chest x-ray the other day he's to expect a call from the hospital.   

Will that TB jab I had to line up for at the age of 13 still be protecting me?  

More alcohol intake required Lizzie, that'll offset any little bugs infecting you !

Had to go into the local pharmacy this afternoon.  I know them well in there and asked them what they thought.  In their opinion I'll be absolutely fine.  Blinkin' hope so ...... if I've got it then I could have passed it on to several Nottstalgians yesterday!!!!  

I wouldn't have caught it.  I had the test when I was 18 and didn't need the injection, because they said I must have already had it mildly and therefore had become immune.

• Upvote 2

If the clinics were next door to each other, you could sit outside in the corridor and see which one called you in first, then you could ask Mrs C to tell the other Clinic you were going to be a bit late!

• Upvote 3

Lizzie, if you passed it on yesterday, it would give a whole new meaning to the season of giving! When they came to our school to test us for the TB jab, mam said I didn't need it, I was NOT going to get TB, only poor folks got it. Don't actually think that's right, but she was right, I didn't need it. 

Oh gawd!, I feel  a cold coming on. QUICK! send me some bars of chocolate, cream cakes, a stack of Frankie Laine records and DVDs of 1940s black and white films to make me feel better.

• Upvote 1