Ailments, Aches & Pains. (Let's hear them here)

Sorry to hear your news Margie. Don't know what your hospitals are like in Cambs but a similar hing happened to me, a routine glaucoma screening & Diabetic Maculopathy  was discovered. Appointment in 6 weeks I was told, Now told late August when I chased them up, if late August then it will be getting on for 12 weeks !

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Being the newbie I am to N.S. I couldn't work out how to reach out to Physical Perfection to tell him to get on with life as you never know what tomorrow will bring. Obviously at the moment time

I'm a happy Bunny tonight Went for my oncology visit after I had the P.E.T. scan and T.A.C. a couple of weeks ago and all is clear after the scare I had. The next process is due in 6 months after I ha

Well I hadn't intended contributing to this thread but do you want to know how many staples I've got in my tummy?!!  Actually I'll spare you the details but I want to put on record that my experience

The speed with which you get hospital appointments here seems to vary considerably.  Children get seen quickly, which is good, but there doesn't seem the same urgency with older people, unless they are very ill.  I'll let you know when I get my appointment - thanks for your replies xx

Margie, I am so sorry you are are having this problem with your eyes, it must be so worrying. Hope you dont have to wait too long before something can be done. My thoughts are with you.

• Upvote 1

I'm late as usual due to the time difference, Margie.  I am sorry to read of the problem with your eyes, but glad it has been discovered before it progressed too far.  We serve a great God.  I know He will direct you and your caregivers for the best outcome.  You will be in my prayers.

• Upvote 2

All the very best wishes for a positive result Margie. 

• Upvote 1

Oh Margie, this is such horrible news.  I do hope you can get sorted out as soon as possible.

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Been for my annual care plan review this morning & my Doctor (sweetpea) said I must take more salt in my diet, For someone with hypertension & heart disease too !

• Like 1

My 'urgent' eye clinic appointment is now on 30 August, despite several phone calls asking for an earlier appointment.   But they reassuringly told me that if my eyesight got SUDDENLY worse and I couldn't see, I had to go straight to A&E.

I'm telling myself that the optician who referred me to the hospital was being over-dramatic.... hope he was anyway!

i'm sure he was Margie..........ive noticed as ive got older no matter what the ailment......they send you to get it checked........at Hospital,   never happened when I was young............enough to put you off telling doctor owt isn't it.............all for the best I suppose,......... but take no notice of me I am a  Hypercondriac............

• Upvote 1

T

59 minutes ago, MargieH said:

But they reassuringly told me that if my eyesight got SUDDENLY worse and I couldn't see, I had to go straight to A&E.

Worrying to say the least. A bit like a few years ago when we found black scorpions in the house. We checked with the local poison authorities and they told us , if we get stung by one to go quickly to the nearest hospital .........if we can. :(

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, MargieH said:

But they reassuringly told me that if my eyesight got SUDDENLY worse and I couldn't see, I had to go straight to A&E.

Must have been the same person I spoke to Margie !

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Unfortunately the NHS today seem to have a different definition of "URGENT" which to them, in my family's experience, appears to mean that they promise to put you on a list and will contact you at some undetermined time in the future in order to defer yet another appointment. It is now over 4 months since my daughter's cancer was discovered to have returned yet she is still waiting for the date for admission to undergo surgery, hopefully we will hear today ? All that we do know for certain is that the original diagnosis and treatment in 2014 was perhaps totally incorrect resulting in her present condition.