Ailments, Aches & Pains. (Let's hear them here)

Haven't slept properly for days.  That is just not like me.

Now it turns out that the meds I'm on can cause sleep disturbances.. especially if you are an 'Old Git' like me and even more in higher doses..

I'll sleep tonight whatever.. Am armed with Red Wine and Brandy...  :)

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Being the newbie I am to N.S. I couldn't work out how to reach out to Physical Perfection to tell him to get on with life as you never know what tomorrow will bring. Obviously at the moment time

I'm a happy Bunny tonight Went for my oncology visit after I had the P.E.T. scan and T.A.C. a couple of weeks ago and all is clear after the scare I had. The next process is due in 6 months after I ha

Well I hadn't intended contributing to this thread but do you want to know how many staples I've got in my tummy?!!  Actually I'll spare you the details but I want to put on record that my experience

Glad to report I slept well last night and awoke refreshed.  Margie, there is no caution regarding alcohol on my cardio meds.  Thankfully!  :)

Totally off topic Margie.  Last time we spoke I was trying to remember the name of a small place in Cambs., where my daughter's college friend lived.  It was St Neot's.  Sara lived in a very posh bit on the outskirts.

Col

Col, Haven't been to St Neots for 30 years or more.  It has a bypass so we never have to pass through  it .  I remember it as quite pretty with a bridge crossing the river, but places change, so I expect I wouldn't recognise it now!

Had a few very welcome hours to myself yesterday, and after re reading some of the posts, I've really been able to fully appreciate what some people are going through, or have recently gone through. I did at one time regret that I'd begun the topic, as it was so worrying and depressing absorbing people's ailments and illnesses, especially long running problems as those endured by Catfan and LizzieM.

However, I'm sure it's helped everyone concerned that folks have got things off their chests and opened up about their problems and shared their heartache with everyone. I'm sure that everyone here is concerned for their welfare and recouperation.

I feel so lucky, that at 72, I've barely had anything wrong with me. Other than a couple of hernias years ago, and the odd ache, pain and twinge recently I've thankfully had nothing. 

Heres hoping that everyone who is even slightly under the weather makes a swift recovery.

:cheers:

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

Very true CliffTon, until I reached my 60s I enjoyed almost perfect health, other than the odd headache. I did get a bit twitchy as I approached 64 because that was the age my Mum succumbed to the big C but I’ve got past that significant age now, had a few health problems to deal with in the last couple of years but feel confident that I can stay well in the future.  

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Yep.. that's my mantra too.

I have a few issues, but compared to some here I feel pretty lucky.  New meds for the heart are a bit much....  Making me tired, sleepless. ( how does that work?  )nauseous , irritable etc.  Off to chat to the Doc about that in the morning but I can live with it if necessary.

Overall.. I'm amazed what some people put up with , quietly and with great fortitude.  My late Big Sis,  suffered almost all of her life with back pain from a birth defect.  Despite numerous horrible ops, she was never cured. On top, she bore COPD very bravely and fought like hell until when I last saw her and knew in my heart that she was beaten.

Col

• 1 month later...

Pretty minor in the great scale of things,but my 'shaky finger' as got much worse lately........the Pill i take hardly makes any difference now........cannot write at all with my dominant left hand.......good news is my 'right hand' writing is now pretty good,.........it only shakes when i'm holding something (no jokes please lol)......now shave with right hand and thats ok too................tried to carry 2 coffees from bar to table in Wethers the other day.........nearly made it,then it kicked in ,bleddy coffee all over.......place was busy and lots of folk noticed.........bit embarrassing but managed to laugh it off.....this is certainly a crazy Ailment.

Speaking to other people of my age group ive met a few others with it,.......anyone on here got it ?....its called ''Essential Tremor''..........

6 hours ago, benjamin1945 said:

.tried to carry 2 coffees from bar to table in Wethers the other day.........nearly made it,then it kicked in ,bleddy coffee all over....

It's getting serious when you spill more than you drink! :blink:

57 minutes ago, Jill Sparrow said:

It's getting serious when you spill more than you drink! :blink:

Its ok Jill..........went and got 2 refills that were Free,..............

• 4 weeks later...

Went for a walk up the hill yesterday and was pretty soon regretting not taking a scarf.  Despite long johns plus training pants, good walking shoes three sweatshirts, a fleece, gloves and a hat, I was soon being battered by a slight, but freezing wind on my face and into my left ear. Made it to the top of the hill but didn't hang about for long. Highest point in Merseyside with no shelter from the arctic blast is no place to hang about.  I came down off the back of the hill and onto the village main street to the shops. Felt rotten in the shops but picked up a few 'bits' then slogged it the half mile home.

By the time I'd had a bath and eaten dinner I felt completely rotten.  Achey, flu -ish, headache etc.  Also some . err.. digestive issues..

But, I had no temperature, no sweats etc.  Eventually started to work out that it was the cold that had affected my left ear.  Couple of brandys and a good nights sleep had me feeling better but still a bit dizzy.

Went up the hill again today and it was even colder, but I had a scarf round my ears and mouth and cotton woll in my ear..  Left ear is still a bit 'off' and making me feel a bit dizzy. but I'll live.  Main thing is it ain't flu or anything serious.

• Upvote 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Repeat performance of the above today.  I was out for an hour yesterday on the bus into 'Sent 'Ellins'.  Wasn't even that cold.  But this morning I woke up feeling a bit groggy and by the time I was downstairs I was convinced I was going down with flu.  No classic cold symptoms, just felt rotten. Then it dawned.  Left ear again...  Only thing to be done is to keep warm, put some ear drops in and take it easy.  It's really annoying, but it could be worse.

Sorry you're not feeling well, Col.  Perhaps you need to invest in a thick woolly hat to cover your ears, as well as a scarf when you venture out into the cold?  Rest up and look after yourself..

• Like 1

Thanks Margie.  Yes. I have a few hats but I lost my favourite one.  One of those 'Thinsulate' things.  I don't much like woolly hats.  They make my head itch.  I have plenty of scarves.  Went out to the shops yesterday evening jand wore a hat, plus a scarf around my head and cotton wool in my ear. Seems to have preventing things getting any worse.  :)

Loppy. what would happen if you wore it back to front.. as is often the fashion with 'Da Yoof'? :)

TBH, I regard the typical baseball cap as possibly the most useless garment ever devised.

-It doesn't protect the back of the head or neck from Sun.

-It is rarely waterproof.

-It has almost zero insulating qualities

-It doesn't cover the ears... or even most of the head.

In short, it is a sun visor attached to a skullcap.

Almost totally useless.

Now this.. is a hat!!  creative-knit-hat-62__605.jpg

• Like 3