Ailments, Aches & Pains. (Let's hear them here)

I think the thought of having an injection into his eyeball frightened him!   Not sure I’d be too keen to be honest but it’s such a common procedure these days it must be ok. 

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Being the newbie I am to N.S. I couldn't work out how to reach out to Physical Perfection to tell him to get on with life as you never know what tomorrow will bring. Obviously at the moment time

I'm a happy Bunny tonight Went for my oncology visit after I had the P.E.T. scan and T.A.C. a couple of weeks ago and all is clear after the scare I had. The next process is due in 6 months after I ha

Well I hadn't intended contributing to this thread but do you want to know how many staples I've got in my tummy?!!  Actually I'll spare you the details but I want to put on record that my experience

Ouch, reminiscent of something out of the film The Boys From Brazil, or Marathon Man !

Wilkos... £3.50.

• Like 1

I think the thought of it is a bit off putting, one of my friends was very nervous, but after the first eye, couldn't wait to get the other one done!!. And yes, they have to put eye drops in, don't know if it's for a month though!. Will ask tomorrow.

Just fill in the online form with your prescription from specsavers,vision express,Boots or whoever give them your card details,glasses delivered within a week,nice one

Rog

I use 'Spex for Less' which is a similar setup. You do need to quote your 'pupillary distance' as well as your prescription details, which isn't usually on your prescription but is easily measured in front of a mirror. You can get the other measurements from a comfortable old pair of specs. Designer frames are also available at a considerable saving. High street opticians are a total rip off!

• Like 1

I had a cataract operation on my left eye nearly twenty years ago on the NHS.  It was completely painfree and was like a miracle as I could see perfectly straightaway.   Everything looked brighter using my new lens, - especially when looking at something white - when compared with my right eye (which didn't actuallly have a cataract!) 

I understand there is a very long NHS waiting list these days, though.... at least there is round here..

Unfortunately,  the benefit of having a new lens doesn't help much these days as I now have macular degeneration in both eyes and am losing my central vision.   C'est la vie..

@DJ360  Paul has had pain in his right leg when he walks more than about 100 yards,  for about a month now, also numbness in his feet sometimes.  He's waiting for a hospital appointment but I suspect it's PAD (look it up) causing intermittent claudication due to hardening of his arteries.  

This ' getting older' is overrated!

• Like 2

Glasses  at Vision Express Boston £180,cheapest £90  and they wondered why I said I will get mine off line

Rog

Looking around on the internet it seems almost anywhere is cheaper for implants than here. My quote is for £18000. Emailed my xray and Hungary - £6800.  Spain - £8000 approx. Poland -  £7000 approx.

A huge saving but I'm told (by my dentist) they use an 'immediate' procedure. This means it's all done and dusted in one go, two at most. Fine if it works but has a high failure rate and if it fails then trying again is virtually impossible....    decisions decisions...

Thats a thing I would never entertain. My brother in law is a top dentist here and he's had to correct a lot of foreign dentistry work. 

Err would you like to adopt me.. I'm house trained, fairly clean, small but beautifully marked. Take almost no room at all 'onest..

• Like 3
10 hours ago, MargieH said:

@DJ360  Paul has had pain in his right leg when he walks more than about 100 yards,  for about a month now, also numbness in his feet sometimes.  He's waiting for a hospital appointment but I suspect it's PAD (look it up) causing intermittent claudication due to hardening of his arteries.  

This ' getting older' is overrated!

Agree about getting older Margie.  :(

I was wondering about claudication, PAD and also peripheral neuropathy. That said, claudication is supposed to settle if you rest for a bit but this effect can leave me very sore and stuggling to get my legs going for days if I overdo it.  My history of smoking (years ago), medications, a fondness for the odd scoop, cardiovascular disease and even the recent repeated prescribing of Metronidazole could all be contributiing to the picture.  That said, my Doc says pulses in my feet are OK. Numbness isn't too bad and seems to vary a bit.  Just have to wait and see what the tests show. I also seem to be getting some bruising of toe nails.  Weird.

• Upvote 1

Phew!  just got back from physio, had me lunch, now a few minutes of catching up before some organ therapy.  That gal's making the exercises tougher.  Feel like I've been through the mangle today.  need a drop o tea and sympathy.  Got aches where I didn't even know I had any muscles.  :crazy:

• Upvote 1
10 minutes ago, loppylugs said:

Phew!  just got back from physio, had me lunch, now a few minutes of catching up before some organ therapy.  That gal's making the exercises tougher.

Bleddy 'ell, Loppy. 'Ope she dun't wear it out!

Sorry! You must be sick and tired of organ jokes, but I couldn't resist.

• Like 2
50 minutes ago, loppylugs said:

That gal's making the exercises tougher.

LL, I had a fall last August and apparently triggered Arthritis in my right shoulder. It is very painful and I can't lift my arm higher than straight out. I was sent to a Physiotherapist for exercises. I did my best, but when I told her it was very difficult and painful, she replied 'Good that is what we want'  What is the saying 'No pain, No gain'. I'm afraid, six weeks of trying to do  her exercises and not only could I not lift my arm, but every muscle down my arm, across my chest and down my side were so painful, I couldn't carry on. I have to arrange an appointment and not looking forward to going, but I must do something. I'm hoping there are some alternative exercises to try.  All the best LL, keep up the good work.

26 minutes ago, carni said:

'No pain, No gain'

What a load of tosh. If it hurts, STOP DOING IT! At our time of life we are never going to jump over tall buildings or run marathons. Your body will tell you when enough is enough.. It's OK for physios to warble on but they are all much younger and have no idea how painful arthritis can be. Some discomfort, fine, but actual pain no.

• Like 5

I totally agree Brew. I took the doctors advice and went to the Physio, because I didn't know what else to do. What do I do, I really can't lift my arm, I am having to do everything now with my left hand. Which the professionals say is the wrong thing to do, as my shoulder will set. Dropped and broken more crockery this last few weeks than all my life. Simple things like combing my hair or just scratching my shoulder are impossible with my right arm. I even have to hold my right arm up on the elbow while  picking my cuppa tea up. My arm just drops like a stone. I have had some serious illnesses over the last 13yrs, life threatening, and still going on, but this Arthritis has stopped me doing far more than anything else. A pain in the neck really or should I say Shoulder!:rolleyes:

So sorry about your shoulder, Carni.  I agree with Brew that exercise causing severe pain probably isn't very good thing!   Gentle exercise only up to the point of pain is possibly a better idea.  Are they SURE  it's arthritis in your shoulder joint or could it just be inflammation of a tendon?

https://www.arthritisresearchuk.org/arthritis-information/common-aches-and-pains/shoulder-pain/specific-conditions/painful-arc.aspx

Worth a look but obviously talk to your health professional about it

• Like 2

I wish I could advise you carni I really do, the only thing I'm sure of is if hurts there is something amiss. My shoulders are 'uncomfortable; if I lift them with my arms bent - so I don't do it. Likewise with my knees, they are really painful so I avoid bending them unnecessarily. I would never argue against a qualified doctors advice but...

• Like 1

Go back to the doctors Carni and TELL him it HURTS, it's obvious physio is not the answer at this time, you know it makes sense

Rog

• Like 1

I am in hospital on Monday having 'A Procedure' and will be out of action just for a few days so this has to wait, but because I have had no improvement I will speak to the doctor as soon as I can and see what other types of help are on offer.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
12 minutes ago, MargieH said:

Are they SURE  it's arthritis in your shoulder joint or could it just be inflammation of a tendon?

The Doctor sent me for an Xray, she told me it shows some Arthritis in the shoulder. Apparently it has been slowly coming for a few years,(Which explains, my longstanding aches and pains) the fall I had has caused it to go to the next level?