Ailments, Aches & Pains. (Let's hear them here)

1 hour ago, DAVIDW said:

Googling "anti-biotics" and "itching" does bring up a number of hits saying that one in ten people have allergic reactions and one of those can result in hives .

I think this is what's affected me as it's the first time I've taken strong anti bacs. I'm continuing with the anti histamines and the itching (all upper body) is slowly receding .

Some medications cause itching as well. Does your medication give you a leaflet to read? I read mine when I have an unexplained reaction.

57 minutes ago, loppylugs said:

I've tried drinking a drop of AV mixed with Apple juice Nonna.  Supposed to help lower BP.  Gives me the runs!  Lol.

Yes Loppy it sometimes has that effect but as time passes so does the inconvenience.  I was recommended it when I first discovered I had cancer in my colon and now have been taking it since2010. Arborscens is more effective and stronger that the normal aloe. I don't take it every day but when I do I only take it for 10 days and stop. After 3 days it really works well and clears your system. My colon had a big chunk taken away and it caused a lot of problems but with  Arborescens that's been solved.

If you can get the leaves it's cheaper than the ready made stuff and you know what's gone into it. It has many properties.

It may clear up itching too . DavidW. 

• Like 3
  • Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Being the newbie I am to N.S. I couldn't work out how to reach out to Physical Perfection to tell him to get on with life as you never know what tomorrow will bring. Obviously at the moment time

I'm a happy Bunny tonight Went for my oncology visit after I had the P.E.T. scan and T.A.C. a couple of weeks ago and all is clear after the scare I had. The next process is due in 6 months after I ha

Well I hadn't intended contributing to this thread but do you want to know how many staples I've got in my tummy?!!  Actually I'll spare you the details but I want to put on record that my experience

Still itchy. The Aveena stuff does seem to help, as do cool, short showers using a minimal amount of mild shower gel.

I don't want to frighten the horses.. but at present I'm as comfortable as I've been all day. Kitless, posting on here, while Mrs Col is nodding on the couch in the next room.

Hope she doesn't wake up too soon..  might inflame her passions.. and in my current state.. :ohmy:

34 minutes ago, DJ360 said:

might inflame her passions..

Or remind her of the ironing!...;)

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

As ever Brew...

Nail.. Head...

And I got a bit chilly.. so now have my M&S dressing gown on..  I'm wondering if I should get some of those slippers with zip fronts.. you know.. the ones in tartan...

• Like 3

I work with a young girl, well she's younger than my own kids, always moaning about some illness, some illnesses even have names or letters, Think she Googles them, f'in hypochondriac, I just listen & nod, now I'm reading while nodding :crazy:  

• Like 1

Never fear Red..  The one thing I haven't got is Hypochondria.  :)

• Like 1

Good news Phil we can still rely on your constructive and informative posts on here for at least another six months thumbsup

Rog

Maybe. I got my appointment time wrong so I had to tear along the Gonalston bye-pass at a speed well in excess of the legal limit. I got there 20 seconds late and then had to wait 20 minutes to see the nurse! I checked my pulse on my smartphone app and it was 90! (same as my speed) I thought my blood pressure would be through the roof as well but she said it was nice and normal and see you in October. Just need a hip replacement now and I’ll be perfect once more!

Doctor visit this a.m.   I set it up to discuss possible side effects of BP meds.  Not sure whether some are caused by meds or physiotherapy exercising muscles and joints that don't get much use anymore.

Not expecting much of the visit.  Seems like most docs want to just write a prescription rather than discuss alternatives.

Visit went much as anticipated, but I like my old doc.  He is at least open to discuss natural BP remedies, that's a lot better than some who are really close minded.

I looked up consumer reports online the other night.  There were some horrendous stories on there.  Seems like ALL BP meds have some side effects  (my doc didn't disagree)  Some effect some folks more than others.  It's a gamble, but you don't want to risk another stroke or heart attack

• Like 2

Dave. ALL meds have  potential side effects. A good Doc should be weighing up the benefits, v the potential damage of any med.  To be fair. the cocktail of stuff I take daily for my ticker produces virtually no discernible side effects.

On the other hand, I'm pretty convinced that anti biotics are responsible for this constant skin itching I'm experiencing.  Then again.. without them, I'd have had a potentially very dangerous infection.

You can't win..

However... Exercise and good diet can reduce BP and also cholesterol levels. That's where I'd be starting.. under advice from my Doc.  About a decade ago, I reduced my Cholesterol from 5.2 to 3.7 simply by exercise and diet.  I've never really had raised BP, but my good friend and neighbour, who is a self confessed hater of exercise, has finally started taking short power walks, which have reduced his BP quite effectively.

Hope it all improves soon.

• Like 2

Yes, the walks are a good idea.  Only problem for me is that I'm not walking too well due to a weak right leg and foot.  The physiotherapist is working on that but I think it will be a while before I regain full use.  If I ever do.

I used to walk my dog a couple of miles every day.  Can't do it just now.

Still work in my yard.  Use the push mower instead of the tractor.  Tend to tire a lot quicker than I used to.  I'll get there.  I've always been a plodder and I don't give up easily.

I did my usual 4/5 mile walk with boys on Wednesday felt fine after legs have stopped aching so much as I have got used to doing it, wait for it, but when I woke up on Thursday I was in agony thought it was just cramp in my right calf. The pain eased and left me with a “dull” ache in the muscle. Carried on as usual and then decided to walk down to shops (about 5 minutes away) to see if that would help ease it. Not too bad at first but then started getting a sharp stabbing pain every so often. Limped back and decided to rest the leg for the rest of the day. Got up Friday and it was still quite painful so didn’t do much just rested it, seemed a bit better on Saturday so walked boys down to pub which isn’t far away. On the way back a small dog suddenly appeared at a gate we were passing, hurling itself at the gate barking furiously, my boys immediately reacted and went to gate. I wasnt expecting it to happen and Kai caught the back of my legs as he was turning and I ended up on the ground with my knee hitting the pavement just before my hand. Of course it was the knee of the leg I was having trouble with (sod’s law). Limped back (again) with pain in calf and a bruised knee with a lump on it. It had eased a bit yesterday (knee is a bit purple) so took Kai to park while my friend took Wolf for a walk. Back to dull ache in calf again today so will probably do a “rest” day today. I was going to finish off washing the blinds in my conservatory while the weather is so good but the way things are going have decided against it as I have to use my 2 step stool, nit tempting fate! Hope everyone else has had a good Easter and enjoyed the good weather, after all this could be our summer:tanning:

SG, is your calf swollen, maybe a bit  red and still tender?  I really think you should phone 111 to ask for advice .....  (easy to do and can't do any harm). Let us know how you get on x

It hasnt been swollen or red at all and is just a slight dull ache now. I think it could have been either a strain, slight muscle tear or just the cramp was extreme. If it hasn’t gone in next couple of days I will ring but it seems to be easing now even after I have walked on it for a while. Just annoying to miss all the nice weather we have had as rain is forecast for this week when it breaks.

I sometimes wake up to the same thing, SG. Tendons in my lower legs and feet have suffered damage due to the years of ballet training when I was younger. Often I wake in the night with toe curling, literally, spasms and the pain can be awful. A bad one will leave soreness or a dull ache for a couple of days.

See how it goes. It will probably fade.

Sounds a bit like what I am suffering with at the moment. The fall didn’t help, think that tweaked it a bit as well. It is definitely feeling better than it did, I can walk without hobbling now so hopefully in the next couple of days it will have gone.

SG don't faff around go to have it an X-ray or something.(wrote that 4 times and it kept coming up with prayed ) On holiday a few years ago with my nephews we were crossing the road. The crossing was a bit awkward being at an angle and near to oncoming traffic. Although the view of the road was clear my nephews were being a bit slow so I turned round suddenly and heard my knee crack and had such a pain shoot up my leg. Managed to hobble back to hotel and over next few days it eased. After quite a few weeks it started hurting again and the short story was that I had torn the meniscus (spelling) and eventually finished up in hospital and being operated on much to my surprise. So be very careful SG. don't wait too long

Nonna, the injury to your knee is one which often used to be suffered by footballers - possibly still is?.   The torn cartilage  in footballers is caused by standing on one foot then twisting round to kick the ball with the other foot.