Ailments, Aches & Pains. (Let's hear them here)

@nonnaB, hope all will go well for you  tomorrow.  Thinking of you xx

@DJ360   I agree with Brew's comments about maybe a deep clean of all the carpets and soft furnishings.   But that would be a big job if there's a lot of furniture etc to move?   I don't envy you that job - just moving furniture to do ordinary housework wears me out!!   

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Being the newbie I am to N.S. I couldn't work out how to reach out to Physical Perfection to tell him to get on with life as you never know what tomorrow will bring. Obviously at the moment time

I'm a happy Bunny tonight Went for my oncology visit after I had the P.E.T. scan and T.A.C. a couple of weeks ago and all is clear after the scare I had. The next process is due in 6 months after I ha

Well I hadn't intended contributing to this thread but do you want to know how many staples I've got in my tummy?!!  Actually I'll spare you the details but I want to put on record that my experience

All the very best for tomorrow nonna. Fingers crossed.

• Like 2

No, Phil.  I don't have a cleaning lady or a gardener for that matter.  Perhaps one day........ (if. I live long enough!)

Obviously all the best to Nonna.

As for the 'itch'. Nothing much has changed here for years.  Mrs Col is an inveterate hoarder, which makes cleaning and hoovering difficult.. but why should it suddenly be a problem now? We are probably tidier now than ever.

Will just have to see what the Doc says.

• Like 1

Blood taken, xray  and ECG done. They were very quick no waiting and hanging around like I have done before but have to go back Friday to see anesthetist and following Wednesday for TAC .Thought they would have done it all together. Its a huge hospital, on the ground floor are all the areas for tests, xrays etc so fairly easy to follow because each corridor has a letter even if you have to go through another corridor in that letter corridor. Given me loads of papers to read and compile. They didn't know when the op would be but they book by weeks and phone Thursday but she thought it would be towards the end of the summer as there were many having the same op. 

Now on monday I have another blood test for oncology with a visit on 5 th July so it doesn't look as though it is going to clash with oncology after all. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1
18 hours ago, Brew said:

A deep clean of the carpets and soft furnishings coming up?

Most likely, although much of the carpet is due for the skip in the next few months anyway. (All ground floor, stairs and landing.) However, a lot of things around symptoms, timing etc., still don't add up, so I'm holding fire until I've spoken to the Doc.

18 hours ago, MargieH said:

@DJ360   I agree with Brew's comments about maybe a deep clean of all the carpets and soft furnishings.   But that would be a big job if there's a lot of furniture etc to move?   I don't envy you that job - just moving furniture to do ordinary housework wears me out!!   

I'm basically in agreement, but I've been reading up on the topic of dust mites and it's far from a straightforward case of dust=mites. Temperature and humidity are important for example and the things are surprisingly sensitive to both.

Dust mites are also supposed to be sensitive to ultra sonic sound, there are plug in gizmos that claim to stop them breeding and thus over a few weeks they have all died off.

Evening all, two weeks since the MRI Scan and 4 phone calls to the surgery "No results yet Mr Smith but keep calling it can take 8-10 weeks before we hear anything"!                                           I've knocked off the codeine's and down to 4 paracetamols as the pains just a general ache around the hips unless I do something silly like putting in the bedding plants then it's a job getting out of bed next morning! Still no dancing, I just go for a chat whilst Barbara has learned to dance with lady partners, we have some very good friends who make sure we get out & about. Barbecue last Sunday, weren't we lucky!, Duchess Theatre last night so we don't do so bad! But I can't see myself walking the mile & a quarter to Bulwell Market in under 19 minutes in the forseable future, pity

• Like 8
  • Upvote 2

Sorry you’ve not got any results yet Albert, that’s certainly far too long to wait.  Good that you’re not taking so many painkillers too, expect they were making you feel like a zombie.  Best wishes to you and hope we see you again soon.  

• Like 1

Keep going Albert.!

Just back from my fourth consultation re: 'the Itch'. 

Basically the Doc's are all a bit mystified by my blood results, because they don't make sense.  For e.g, at the 'height' of my allergic reaction I was showing no antibodies for house dust mite, but now they are through the roof, despite my generally feeling a bit better.  Also some odd results from Iron Studies.  

So, they are consulting dermatologists further, and now involving haematologists too. 

Meanwhile a further short course of steroids (Prednisolone)  This time it's 20 mg for three days, 15 mg for three days, 10 mg for three days and 5mg for three days then stop.  This will certainly help, because the previous three day course 'knocked down' the allergic reaction completely and it didn't return as ferociously as it had been originally, so hopefully this will 'knock it down' a bit more.. though I'm not expecting a cure.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Its true what they say, here anyway.That you know when you go into hospital, you don't know when you are coming out.

Went to Turin this morning for a chat with anesthetist, appointment 9.15. Sat and waited until 10.25. My son took me , he was getting agitated because he'd got a large party at lunch time and it takes us an hour to get back here. The anesthetist hadnt arrived and I was getting agitated too for him. After various questions about whether it was possible to change the appointment ( no) I was called in. After various questions and signings I had another appointment ( Unexpected) with surgeon. More signing and questions. But to be honest when my son explained the situation he was in they did hurry the second appointment and we were done within 1/2 hr. Something I never expected them to do. Anyway we got home with a bit of time to spare.

Just one more appointment on wednesday for TAC. This time with more time to " enjoy" the experience.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Nonna, pleased the initial appointment/s went well.  Also pleased that your son got back in time.

• Like 1

No I didn’t get immediate improvement Geoffrey!  Unfortunately it’s a long slow grind.  I had quite a few physio sessions, can’t remember how many, but the important thing is to be really strict with yourself and do the exercises at home too.  My husband has had sciatica since last November and is still having physio!  Good luck tomorrow.  thumbsup