Ailments, Aches & Pains. (Let's hear them here)

36 minutes ago, Jill Sparrow said:

The problem is, we're all getting a bit long in the tooth

Speak fer yer sen young Sparrrow, in me 'ead I'm only 20 so there!

• Like 4
  • Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Being the newbie I am to N.S. I couldn't work out how to reach out to Physical Perfection to tell him to get on with life as you never know what tomorrow will bring. Obviously at the moment time

I'm a happy Bunny tonight Went for my oncology visit after I had the P.E.T. scan and T.A.C. a couple of weeks ago and all is clear after the scare I had. The next process is due in 6 months after I ha

Well I hadn't intended contributing to this thread but do you want to know how many staples I've got in my tummy?!!  Actually I'll spare you the details but I want to put on record that my experience

1 hour ago, philmayfield said:

did a mental age on line test and it puts me at 65. Not sure to be pleased or not about that!

I tried a couple of those. One put me at 28 and the other at 39.  Mentally, I'm not that old!

Just went online and found an age test.  Is seems that just like in the Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy.. the answer is 42.  I'll take that.

Well I finished the latest course of Steroids yesterday and I was quite pleased, because they had me eating everything in the house  and being more than a bit 'wired' at times.

However, as today has gone on I've been more aware of odd sensations on my skin which could signal a return of the dreaded 'itch'.  Also returned is the tendency for my hands to tingle after eating, but it went further this evening with excruciating cramps in both hands and one leg/foot. Fingers pull involuntarily across the others and I have to physically straighten them.

To add to the fun I developed a sore throat on Saturday which has now spread to nose and chest.  Not sure if it's just a bit of a cold, or an allergy. 

I've laid off all but 'essential' heart meds while I was on the Steroids.

Checked online and my Doc has received an 'email from a third party', which I assume is a response from haematology or dermatology.  Will see what he has to tell me tomorrow.

Exactly on both counts !

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, Jill Sparrow said:

Ay up, our Ben. Nice to see you back.

Thanks Jill,, yes still. been lurking,,saw that about young trogg,,and after all the kindness i was shown when having my OP,,,could'nt not wish trogg all the very best,,

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1
57 minutes ago, benjamin1945 said:

yes still. been lurking,,saw that about young trogg,,and after all the kindness i was shown when having my OP,,,could'nt not wish trogg all the very best,,

Ben's come back, and I met Trogg for the first time today.  That ticks two boxes at the same time.

• Like 9

Trogg, Many good wishes from me, too.  Sorry we had to miss the meet up today, everyone

Because  of the increased pain in Paul's leg and the extensive bruising from his failed procedure last Friday, we had to go to A&E today... only had 4 hours there so that wasn't too bad I suppose.   The vascular doctor decided that, despite Paul's right  foot being much whiter than the left one, and there being only a very weak, intermittent pulse, his leg wasn't in imminent danger so he just had to carry on till he gets another clinic appointment, where they will discuss the pros and cons of doing a bypass of the femoral artery.   (Anyone see Holby City last night... there was a bad outcome for this particular op... but every case is different!)

Back home now and we're both worn out, although my dizziness and nausea from yesterday hasn't returned, I'm pleased to say.   Another early night I think.

• Like 3

Hello, Trogg. I've just read your post and see that you're having an op to remove a kidney today. I wish you well and hope everything goes ok for you. When I was in my early  twenties I had a pain in my lower back and had it checked out at the hospital. I was told that it was just a cold in my kidney and was I aware that I only had one kidney from birth. I didn't know but was told to just carry on with my life normally and to this day that is what I've done without any problems. I've mentioned this to reassure you that you'll be ok after your kidney op.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Echoing all the good wishes for Trogg. (Mick) Those who have met him will already know what a lovely bloke he is.  Those who haven't will now...

Col

By the time this gets on NS you won't be able to see it Trogg, but just to let you know you'll be in our thoughts and our best wishes for a speedy recovery. It was a pleasure to meet you at the Wheelhouse. Kind regards, Barrie and Tina.  thumbsup

Has anyone any news of Trogg after his op . Hope it went well and he makes a quick recovery.

• Like 4

Got up early and prepared to go for my oncology visit. They changed the day from 5th to today and on the way there a doubt crossed my mind that the time of my appointment was wrong. The nurse said the appointment was tomorrow for a TAC. Yes I know but the visit was with the dr today. Anyway after some other discussion with the main secretaries they said the same thing and it appears that the one today had been cancelled and another appointment given to me tomorrow afternoon. No one had had the decency of informing me so now I have to travel to Asti twice tomorrow.  I was annoyed to say the least but glad that both appointments are together so will know results straightaway without having to wait the usual time.

• 2 weeks later...

Out to the docs this morning to bark, whine and complain about the bp meds.  He seemed to have plenty of time to chat so we had a good chin wag. I told him I fell over in my veggy garden yesterday. I've lost my balance a couple of times.   Upshot of it was he told me to stop one med altogether then in a couple of weeks we'll see how things are.  Seems like a  plan to me.  I'd rather work with one med at a time than mixing them.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2