Ailments, Aches & Pains. (Let's hear them here)

Visited the doc this am to get blood test results.  All numbers right where they should be.  Made me wag me tail.

Came home with a new BP med prescription.  Hopefully this one won't make me feel like a drunken bulldog. :biggrin: 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2
  • Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Being the newbie I am to N.S. I couldn't work out how to reach out to Physical Perfection to tell him to get on with life as you never know what tomorrow will bring. Obviously at the moment time

I'm a happy Bunny tonight Went for my oncology visit after I had the P.E.T. scan and T.A.C. a couple of weeks ago and all is clear after the scare I had. The next process is due in 6 months after I ha

Well I hadn't intended contributing to this thread but do you want to know how many staples I've got in my tummy?!!  Actually I'll spare you the details but I want to put on record that my experience

Well I’ve got a full-blown ‘summer cold’. I’ve not had a cold for at least 3 years and I have no idea where I picked these germs up.   We’ve been down on the Dorset coast for a week or so, lots of fresh sea air and exercise, didn’t do me a lot of good.  

Anyway, our youngest son had surgery on his right ankle yesterday.  He damaged it a year ago whilst doing some DIY at home. He stepped down from a step ladder and stood on a dog toy.  He went to A & E , had an XRay and the doc said it wasn’t broken. 6 weeks later he went back to hospital still in pain but they again said it wasn’t broken.  A couple of weeks ago he saw an orthopaedic surgeon privately and yesterday he had keyhole surgery where the surgeon had ‘a good suck out and scrape out’ (surgeon’s words) and is fairly confident he’s cured the painful ankle.  Andy is now on crutches for 2 weeks and can’t travel for a month.  But that’s not all ...... on 15th August he’s booked in for surgery on his left elbow.  He broke it when he was playing rugby 25 years ago and it’s been paining him for some time. This problem is likely to be arthritis, which seems so unfair for a 40 year old.   He lives alone and  I wish he lived closer so I could help him more. I’ve offered to go and stay with him in Hertfordshire but I don’t think he wants his Mummy fussing over him!

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, LizzieM said:

I don’t think he wants his Mummy fussing over him!

If it helps assuage your maternal instincts Lizzie you can come and fuss over me to your hearts content..   ;)

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Lizzie,  so sorry to hear about your  boy's problems, also your summer cold....  can't you just go over to his house anyway?   I think I would, AND stay for a few days..  If he makes any protestations, just tell him YOU NEED to be there because he's your son  and that doesn't stop just because he's grown up...!!

But you know him best,of course, and maybe you're not as pushy as me!      ('Pushy is the wrong word, but I can't think of another suitable one at the mo)

Hope he (and you) improve soon anyway xx

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Now there's a concept to wrestle with Margie being pushy.....               :laughing:                         No offence Margie but it does seem a bit of an oxymoron...

I hurt my toe last year, it hurt like hell when I did it but it soon settled down. I had an X-ray which revealed it wasn't broken but now after a year it looks dislocated so that's next on the agenda. It never finished does it. Things didn't happen to me when I was younger it's all happening now.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Gave you a like, Nonna.  For your positive attitude.  Sorry about your toe.  What you said about stuff happening is so true and especially as we age.  I never thought I'd get to be this old.

• Like 1

Other than a couple of hernia ops, I'd had nothing whatsoever wrong with me. I get to 70, and everything starts aching, sagging, dropping off. 

If i'd have known I was going to live this long, I'd have taken better care of myself !  No I wouldn't, it's called living !

• Like 2
4 hours ago, loppylugs said:

Gave you a like, Nonna.  For your positive attitude.  Sorry about your toe.  What you said about stuff happening is so true and especially as we age.  I never thought I'd get to be this old.

We are not old Loppy , its the others that are old.

• Like 1

I'm a happy Bunny tonight :laughing:Went for my oncology visit after I had the P.E.T. scan and T.A.C. a couple of weeks ago and all is clear after the scare I had. The next process is due in 6 months after I had had visits and scans every 3 months for a year and a half. 

• Like 15

Thanks everyone , yes it's a relief. Coming back home we spoke about the news I had 10 yrs ago and the emotions we went through. But, I'm still here and I intend to enjoy the rest.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Go Nonna!!! 

• Like 1

Thankyou all again . It's good to have friends like you even if I've never met some of you. This to me is what NS is, informational, friendly and caring.

• Like 6
  • 2 weeks later...

Been with Paul to the vascular clinic this morning.  The clinic doctor said that they'll see him in 6 months to review the situation with his blocked femoral artery, but for now he should just 'work and walk through the pain' as that is a good thing. !!!  (Presumably to encourage more peripheral arteries to take over from the blocked main one)

He said that unless the lower leg and foot are severely compromised  i.e. the  beginning of gangrene and pain all the time, even at rest, then they would prefer NOT to perform a bypass (which would have to be from the groin to below the knee) as the op isn't always that straightforward.. 

So, a bit of an anticlimax......  

• Like 1