Ailments, Aches & Pains. (Let's hear them here)

I have been ensconced (is that a word?) on the settee, slowly festering, most of the day in my pjs. I did tidy up the house a bit and saw to boys, they really didn’t want to go out this morning. Then we all had a nap. I did feel a dog intently looking at me once or twice but kept my eyes shut and after the inspection they lay down again. 
This afternoon I have been listening to podcasts with an accompanying crunching of pigs ears and lamp spaghetti and the occasional cat nap.
As it has been such a dark miserable day it seemed the logical thing to do as I definitely wasn’t going anywhere. I hope the antibiotics will start to kick in a bit tomorrow and I will start to feel a bit better and do a bit more without the wheezing and coughing. I hate chest infections when they make you feel that you can’t breath properly. 

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Being the newbie I am to N.S. I couldn't work out how to reach out to Physical Perfection to tell him to get on with life as you never know what tomorrow will bring. Obviously at the moment time

I'm a happy Bunny tonight Went for my oncology visit after I had the P.E.T. scan and T.A.C. a couple of weeks ago and all is clear after the scare I had. The next process is due in 6 months after I ha

Well I hadn't intended contributing to this thread but do you want to know how many staples I've got in my tummy?!!  Actually I'll spare you the details but I want to put on record that my experience

Perhaps SG you need my Grandma's remedy (for pretty everything, coughs, colds and runny noses), goose grease and brown paper on the chest.    ;)

• 1 month later...

I was reading on another thread that Chulla and someone else had elevated psa levels,i had the same thing 6 years ago i went for a biopsy they took twelve samplesehen it came back one looked suspicious on the edge.The doctor told me i could leave it as is,have radiation or remove the prostate he said if i had radiation and that did not fix it i could not get it removed so i decided right there to have the operation.It took 4hour and they did it laprosticlly iwoke up in the recovery room taken back to the ward and 1 hour later was walking around the hallways the next day i went home the only drawback was i had to wear a catheter for 2 weeks.I was off work for 7 weeks Jill my wife looked after me absolutely fantastic isaw the doctor after 7 weeks and he said i am clear of cancer and i am a very lucky man.To all men out there dont be embarrassed about getting your prostate checked the sooner the better.Good luck Chulla and anyone else who is having prostate problems we are all pulling  for you take care.

• Upvote 1

Pleased all is well with you Ian.  I haven’t looked through the threads you’re referring to but your advice on getting checked is vital for all men.  My husband had PC a few years ago and chose the hormone treatment and radiotherapy route, as did other Nottstalgians.  All good still, it must be 6 or 7 years ago since he suffered all that and he’s absolutely fine.  

As for Chulla ..... a lovely lovely very clever man who is sadly missed on this site.  He was a great friend to many.  

• Like 6
  • 2 weeks later...

3am and just woke up,,terrific pains in my back,,thought ""Oh no,,what now""

Then realised,,....could'nt find the "Remote control""    night all,,

• Like 10
  • Upvote 1

Aah benj, sorry but you made me laugh again. Thankfully it was the remote that woke you? Your words keep making me smile.( I hope that was your intention)?

You reminded me of an incident that happened to me a couple of nights ago, similar, but different? I also woke about 4am for my usual stroll to the powder room. I had a a sensation on a part of my anatomy that felt odd and abit scarey.

Any way after further investigation, I realised my skin wasn't falling off but the plastic bag that I keep my earphones in was firmly stuck to my right Buttock. Phew, thankfully the earphones were not still inside. You gotta laugh ant ya Miduck.:biggrin:

• Like 10
  • Upvote 1
  • 1 month later...

Not a very pleasant thought in today's world situation but we' just heard that Universities in Piemonte where we are are to be closed in the present coranavirus scare. Our schools are to be closed to and we have been informed that we can have private checks ( tampon check) for those who are worried or not well. Staying out of crowded situations too . It's all very worrying. Turin is only 50 km away and Milan not very much further. There are a lot of people who have weekend houses here who live in Turin and Milan. So that makes it more reason to be concerned. In fact next door but one to us are a family that live in Milan. We have friends that regularly visit family in Veneto. Problem is you don't know where or who people have been close to or been.

I have to finish my physio ( (4 more ) next week and now I'm thinking shall I cancel and recuperate later? I do them at home so don't think I'm missing out.

Another thing we have a bar that is run by Chinese. The wife returned to China to look after her mother with cancer. She was about to come home when the outbreak started. Although she was right in the north she had to stay  and didn't know when she could return. Every week she thought she would be able to travel but now she has returned ( after all checks) and out of common sense and concern for her clients she has closed the bar until further notice. No doubt the mentality of the older locals here will no longer visit the bar and hang around outside taking all the seating for themselves.

Hope this situation doesn't get too out of hand and hope too that U.K. Can keep it under check.

Update on my follow ups. After a couple of jittery weeks I finally had my blood test, X-ray and ecograph, the next day saw oncologist who started to say X-ray was fine then hesitated whilst he looked at my reports. ( Breath held ) then he said that everything was fine. The shadow that I had / have hasn't grown in 2 yrs so relief all round. ( scaring) The best part now is after another TAC in September he thinks that he will finish my follow ups.  In a way it's a relief after 11 yrs from the start. Severn yrs since the last termoblation.

I thank all the staff and drs in oncology for their concern, sympathy and the capacity to make you feel well.

• Like 7

Bit of disturbing news today, mother in law had to go into hospital to have something done to her legs.Apparently, her veins are too close to each other. 

I think that is what she said. She has very close veins!!

Anybody got 'Novel Coronavirus' A.K.A 'Covid-19' yet?

Very low infection rates in UK so far.. but it is very scary for anyone in later years with 'underlying health issues'.

It seems my Blood Pressure is not cause for alarm.  However it seems my last blood tests were 'haemolysed'. which I believe means 'clotted'.. so I had them done again Friday morning.

Such fun!!

I realize thet the CV virus is a very serious issue, but it seems like the media want to create a panic mode.  Complications of the 'flu can be a very serious matter for us past our 'best before' date each year.  We don't hear the media panicking about that.  My attitude is that I shall carry on.  If it gets me it's been nice knowing y'all, but I'm not gonna hide under the bed in fear.

Glad your BP is ok Col.  That can be a big concern. hope your blood tests come back ok.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

We recently returned from Asia. Every airport worker, every airline steward, most of the population (mostly because they ride mopeds) and a few tourists wore masks. 28 in our group and none of us wore one. So long as you are sensible and keep washing your hands, you'll be OK. I really do think the media are making folks panic.

• Like 2

Masks provide negligible protection - if you are in vicinity of a carrier who has coughed or sneezed, the airborne particles can get in through your eyes (mucus membrane).  Of course a mask might stop you spreading it if you already have it.

I'm not panickimng, but I am being cautious.

According to this from the BBC:   https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-51674743

..I am in the most dangerous 'underlying issues' group, the second most dangerous age group and I'm male, which seems to be the worst sex for dying from this bug.

I was planning to travel via bus and train to Liverpool next month, whereupon I was to meet an ex-colleague who has just retired. Next, we planned an extended catch up in several Liverpool pubs and a visit to the Cavern Club. The way things are going I'll likely postpone the whole thing. We haven't seen each other for 20 years.. a few months more makes no difference. The Cavern in particular is a pretty enclosed space which can get very crowded even during the day. Add in that the crowds arrive quite literally from all over World.. ( I've chatted to Aussies, French, South Americans, Spanish, Americans, Canadians etc., etc.... in there. Equally, the trains can be standing room only, especially when I'm heading home a little 'tired' during rush hour.

I think that discretion may be the better part of valour.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Think you correct Jill,,had to go to Kingsmill A and E this morning,, arrived at 9.30 left at 10.40,,all done,,never seen an A and E so quiet,,

• Like 1