Ailments, Aches & Pains. (Let's hear them here)

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Being the newbie I am to N.S. I couldn't work out how to reach out to Physical Perfection to tell him to get on with life as you never know what tomorrow will bring. Obviously at the moment time

I'm a happy Bunny tonight Went for my oncology visit after I had the P.E.T. scan and T.A.C. a couple of weeks ago and all is clear after the scare I had. The next process is due in 6 months after I ha

Well I hadn't intended contributing to this thread but do you want to know how many staples I've got in my tummy?!!  Actually I'll spare you the details but I want to put on record that my experience

I can do it if I cross my ankles first but can only lift about 6 inches off the floor if I don’t!  I was surprised as I was sure I would be able to do it... I certainly could only a couple of years ago.  I need to practise more.  Like Jill I had no problem doing one leg at a time.

I have had 2 major abdominal surgeries over the years (before keyhole surgery was invented) but I’m not going to use that as an excuse as I know I could do it 2 years ago.  I’m going to practise every day and see if I improve (then it will be cartwheels next - I was always good at doing those). I THINK   I’m joking about that, but who knows.  Thank you Lizzie for making me aware I need to do more specific exercises xx

1 hour ago, LizzieM said:

Go on, give it a go and make me feel very unfit

It's dead easy Lizzie, lay on your side! no problem at all...

I just tried the Sparrow method, legs level with my ears.............  I fell over..

• Like 1

Lizzie when I was doing physio ( lost count how many times ) I was told not to raise both legs or put them down again together. The exercises were similar but bringing knees up then straighten them . Lowering one leg at a time. I think it depends on individual circumstances. I too like Margie have had 4  abdominal operations. Trying it I know what it will feel like so I don't try it. Good luck with those that can do it though

No, Beekay. It's a ballet barre exercise, consisting of imitating the movement of a bell (cloche) with the outside leg, swinging from the hip joint, taking the foot as high as possible. It's more complicated than that but that's the gist of it. Nowt to do with food.

• Like 1

Well done everyone who tried and succeeded and also failed, like me.  I’ve always felt that I’ve recovered really well from my 2 surgeries but although I can walk miles I’m obviously not THAT fit.  

2 hours ago, Jill Sparrow said:

Fell over, eh?  Not been practising our battement cloche, have we?

you didn't say only one leg ata time....!

• Like 1

I'm afraid, Little Jill that I would look a right Pillock in a TuTu.  I seem to have misplaced me tights and pumps.

Think I'll stick with the Baby Elephant walk. :rolleyes:

Next meetup I dare you to come in a TU TU:blink:

• Like 1

Just read some were that the "Chicken Pox" virus if you have when young will stay in your system forever, and that  when you are an adult it will show it's self as Shingles. Maybe the new virus is the same.

There does seem to be some long term conditions which sometimes remain after the initial infection.  It’s being called ‘Long Covid’

Phone consultation with the doctor this morning. Me being deaf, Mrs PP took the call. It appears that recent x-rays have confirmed what I suspected. Osteoarthritis of hip and spine along with osteostephs.  A physio will  phone shortly to give advice about exercise. Already done 30 min on the rowing machine before breakfast. My continued rowing is probably the reason that I am still very active.

I can still lift both straight legs with feet together. Rowing is a great core strengthening exercise.

It all happening this week. Had laser op on left eye on Monday following complete loss of sight in that eye. Not a good result although a little bit can be seen from the left corner now. A further op will be required. I am having to put drops in the eye every hour - a bit tricky yesterday when I was fishing in a boat on Blithfield :rolleyes: Managed OK though and caught 12 rainbows :biggrin: Life is good..

• Like 6

PP I knew what you meant .  Our bodies keep growing stuff in the wrong places as we get older - like osteophytes (and hair in the wrong places like too much hair in your ears and nose!).   And big toe nails growing too thick ....  

I'd go but my dearly beloved is terrified I'll catch Covid or hives or spots or something, it's easier to just say yes dear and stay home.

• Like 1

It’s very much like shopping. I’ve not been into a shop, other than Wickes, since March. I’ve just made out a list of diy stuff to get from Newark Homebase but it was all available on Amazon and will be with me tomorrow. It saves me going round the shop, which will nodoubt be subject to rules and regulations, and it’s saved me a 20 mile round trip.

3 hours ago, Jill Sparrow said:

On the other hand, if your thyroid goes wrong, you'll have less hair. Your eyebrows will disappear and you won't need to shave your legs anymore! :rolleyes:

That explains why I've not had a single whisker on me legs or arms for donkeys years. Thanks for that little sis.

I don't want to clutter up the more cheerful threads so..:

Doc requested a 'full work up' of Bloods.  Results are encouraging.  My customary slightly raised Bilirubin.. but otherwise all 'Normal'.  It's not often I'm described as normal. so I'll take that.. :biggrin:  But why am I so tired all the time?

Did the 24 hour Cardio recording.  Awaiting results.... but I haven't had any noticeable symptoms since the short hospital stay on the 11th Sept.

Back is still very sore... but bearable. 

I walked over 8000 steps on Thursday.. Very slow and  ploddy, but I got to the top of the hill and beyond.. then back.  Thing is there is no spring in my step and it feels more like an obligation than a pleasure at present.  Maybe I just need to get fit again and it will be better.

Friday I walked a bit over 2000 steps to pick  up a prescription and was wiped out by it.

All very odd.

Next up is a Cardio appointment to see what they have to say.. Then a Physio Appt. re: the back.

What fun!!!