Ailments, Aches & Pains. (Let's hear them here)

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Being the newbie I am to N.S. I couldn't work out how to reach out to Physical Perfection to tell him to get on with life as you never know what tomorrow will bring. Obviously at the moment time

I'm a happy Bunny tonight Went for my oncology visit after I had the P.E.T. scan and T.A.C. a couple of weeks ago and all is clear after the scare I had. The next process is due in 6 months after I ha

Well I hadn't intended contributing to this thread but do you want to know how many staples I've got in my tummy?!!  Actually I'll spare you the details but I want to put on record that my experience

Pssst Jill Finn, wanna buy some spliffs?

Nonna, does your gel contain camphor.? Only ask because I'm  using Tiger balm for my shoulder .Was given it by Gym trainer. I've  also bought some Tiger gel. Don't  know if it's relevant,  just thought I'd throw it into the ring.

• Like 1

Re. Turmeric,.  I was taking it when I had my stroke.  I don't think that was the cause and the doctor didn't blame it either.  He said the problem was high bp.  I agree.  Mrs. L got bent out of shape about it because, "it's a blood thinner."  Surely, according to logic, thinner blood should lower you bp.  That was the main reason I was taking it.  Some docs prescribe bp thinners eg.  'Clopidogrel'.  It all depends on the type of stroke you had.  I think we should be careful with any type of herb or patent medicine, but I think, used in moderation Turmeric should be ok.  Now, if somebody could convince Mrs. Loppy of that I'd appreciate it.  As is my attitude tends to be,  My body, my choice.

• Like 2

LL if in doubt consult your GP. I'm very careful in taking anything without either researching it or asking my dr. My oncologist told me after Aloe Arborescens was recommended to me through a cousin ( that was recommended by her oncologist) only the word " BRAVA" he absolututely agreed. So always check especially if you have other problems.

• Like 1

Still battling to get the results from the 24 hour Cardio Monitor. Nobody seems to know where they went. Everything else checks out OK but I am just so tired all the time. Walking is no longer a pleasure. It's a chore. Could be just ageing I suppose but I'm still sure something changed around 6 weeks ago, overnight.

Very wearing.

• 2 weeks later...

Trogg how's the gel going? I've been overdoing things which left me in pain again even after my last injection. I used the gel for 2 days and the pain has been relieved. I must learn to stop after a while, I get bored doing nothing so I find cooking, baking etc a great way of producing dishes etc for future consumption but I never learn to ease up.

Trogg, I just read your post and thought you were saying the GIRL works on your knee and leg!!!   I thought you were perhaps going to an osteopath (or something :wacko:)

• Like 1

Hi Margie.  I was reading further back about Turmeric.  Good for arthritis, blood pressure etc.  If I mention it Mrs. L gets upset because she says it's a blood thinner and thus dangerous for anyone who had a hemorhagic stroke (me).  Doc didn't seem concerned about it but our of deference to her I do not take it.

Whaddya think?

@loppylugs  I have no knowledge or experience of the benefits of turmeric, but think you certainly would need to consider its interaction with any other meds you are taking.    
I’d probably err on the side of caution along with Mrs LL ..... but your doc isn’t worried, you say.  How much do you trust his judgement?
In this case, perhaps it is better to have a sin of omission rather than a sin of commission?

• Like 1

Loppy, if you are already taking prescription anticoagulant, it probably isn't a good idea to take turmeric in addition. Be guided by your doctors.  A friend of mine was told by the pharmacist from whom she tried to purchase some Bonjela to treat a mouth ulcer that she couldn't have any because she was taking anticoagulant on prescription. Apparently, Bonjela is dangerous in such circumstances.  

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, MargieH said:

GIRL works on your knee and leg

I wish, I must calm down think of my blood pressure.

Jill I am lucky Mrs Trogg never reads any of my posts, she considers anything I say or write irrelevant.

• Like 3

Thanks for the responses.  No, I'm not taking any prescription anticoagulents, Mrs. L is, thus her reaction.  Probably looking for another doctor.  My current one came down with throat cancer and is presently not there.  In a letter he said he plans to come back.  Sorry for him, time will tell.  Last time there I saw his partner. Not too keen on him.  May look closer to home.  It's difficult to choose.  There are more than thirty listed on my insurance website, but I don't know anything about any of them.

I am quite pleased that the senior partner at my GP practice appears to have b*ggered off. Didn't like him. He knew nothing about thyroid problems and was very unsympathetic. His main interest appeared to be doing vasectomies.  I hope he knows more about those than thyroids. He certainly couldn't know less!

I now have a nice lady GP.

• Like 1