Ailments, Aches & Pains. (Let's hear them here)

As it goes, my much stronger, younger and fitter second son in law..who doesn't smoke or drink.. helped me to move the rest of the slabs and they have stayed where they were put ever since. ..awaiting laying.

Today.. after a week of very little physical activity I could stand it no more and set out for what I know to be about a 5000 step walk.  I started off steadily enough but I was forced to curtail it to a bit over 2000 steps and have been in pain since.  I couldn't even get up enough speed to raise my heart rate.  This is really depressing. I need to exercise for my ticker...but my knees won't let me.  I know I'm much better off than many.. but..

I have a phone consult with the physio people in 8 days time.  I hope they can help me.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Being the newbie I am to N.S. I couldn't work out how to reach out to Physical Perfection to tell him to get on with life as you never know what tomorrow will bring. Obviously at the moment time

I'm a happy Bunny tonight Went for my oncology visit after I had the P.E.T. scan and T.A.C. a couple of weeks ago and all is clear after the scare I had. The next process is due in 6 months after I ha

Well I hadn't intended contributing to this thread but do you want to know how many staples I've got in my tummy?!!  Actually I'll spare you the details but I want to put on record that my experience

On 3/13/2021 at 4:58 PM, Beekay said:

Don't you have a little sack truck Col.?

I have a Black and Decker Workmate which converts into a sack truck of sorts.. but that's not the real issue. It's the kneeling and bending involved in laying the pavers.  Much as I hate to admit defeat... I think I'm going to have to 'get a man in'.

I'm back now from an experience i hope never to be repeated. Eight days ago I was rushed off to hospital with severe Pancreatitis, and from then I have been on a different planet, still waiting for my brain to begin working again. Thea pain was unbeleavable and the trip with Morphine was frightening. Just wanted to say where I had been, and  I feel so poorly it will be a while before I am back to normal, but, I know there is improvement so give me a couple of weeks and I should be back to nomal,so for now I will  read your posts and join in later. x

• Like 12

Nice to know you're still here carni. :)

I assumed you were still having problems with your new laptop, which you'd mentioned earlier. Obviously it was something much more serious, but yet again you've beaten it !

• Like 1

Blimey Chris!!! Here's me moaning about a bit of knee pain and you've been dealing with that. Please look after yourself and get well soon..x

• Like 1

Good grief Carni both of you have certainly been in the wars of late. Get well soon and stay well!  

So sorry to read about what you’ve been through, carni.  I hope you will soon feel a lot better.  I also hope your other half managed OK on his own.  He would have been so worried and will be really pleased to have you home again xx

Did think about you the other day Carni but o so sorry that youve had so much pain . Not pleasant at all with what you've had to put up with. Here's to you getting better and staying well, we'll all be thinking of you. Take care.

Don't think I've posted on this thread before but maybe being admitted to Stoke hospital with a heart attack on Monday justifies it :rolleyes:

No big deal really and not as dramatic as it sounds. Admitted Monday. Stents fitted Tuesday. Recovered Wednesday, Home Thursday. Light work outside yesterday.

Keeping fit and healthy made it possible to take it in my stride.

Several months of being physically on the limit with the building project caught up with me. Just 82 y/o fuel lines deteriorating and fortunately no blown cylinder head.

Feel great. Life is good :biggrin:

• Like 13

Sorry to hear that PP........Hope you soon back to your 'Battling self'' mate.............

You in the place i was after mine in 2003........they took me there from the Staffordshire Hills.......by myself hiking ..mobile phone saved me eventually...all the best PP...........

• Like 1

Sorry to hear your news PP. Join the Stent club. My first were fitted 16 years ago, then two more last year.

Take it easy mate, go and sit in your coop and let the chickens look after you for a change. 

• Like 1

Pleased you're doing OK PP but, (I'm not a doctor) do you not think it would be wise to dial back on the rowing a little? Your recent marathon was impressive for a man half your age but like you said the engine is 82 yrs old and maybe needs treating just a tad gentler...

Take it easy and stay well...

• Like 1

Blimey PP!  Firstly congratulations on such a speedy recovery and being fit enough to help with that.  From what you say it sounds like they caught your heart attack before it caused any severe muscle damage. (They didn't with mine..)

Like Brew..I'm not a Doc.. but I sort of thought people with stents were supposed to give them time to 'settle in' so I reckon maybe just half marathons for a few days....;)

• Like 1

My missus has two stents too PP.,and she's not a Nottstalgian ! Although she does sit next to me when I come online, so can that count?

Paul was supposed to have stents put in his FEMORAL artery, but after trying to do It, they decided it was  too blocked for about 25 cm so had to give up.  His collateral arteries have taken over and provide enough blood flow to his lower leg and foot as long as he doesn’t walk too fast!

He had a double heart bypass about 12 years ago because the position of the blockage wasn’t suitable for a stent.