Ailments, Aches & Pains. (Let's hear them here)

3 hours ago, LizzieM said:

All you will need to do is be a good lad and do everything the physio tells you to do!

Lizzie.. can you even imagine me being anything other than a perfect patient? :rolleyes:

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Being the newbie I am to N.S. I couldn't work out how to reach out to Physical Perfection to tell him to get on with life as you never know what tomorrow will bring. Obviously at the moment time

I'm a happy Bunny tonight Went for my oncology visit after I had the P.E.T. scan and T.A.C. a couple of weeks ago and all is clear after the scare I had. The next process is due in 6 months after I ha

Well I hadn't intended contributing to this thread but do you want to know how many staples I've got in my tummy?!!  Actually I'll spare you the details but I want to put on record that my experience

Received a phone call from Urology this morning to say forget my appt but instead after reviewing my notes I will have to go for a MRI scan instead. I will be contacted again soon.

The plot thickens.

• Like 1

CF I’m really pleased you haven’t been forgotten or put on the back burner.  
All the best x

• Like 1

This afternoon I've been talking my SiL and her tale of woe with hospitals and cancellations. At one time had an appointment with Queens and City with two different consultants. After cancelling Queens they rang asking why and were almost touting for the business.

Had her op a week ago at the City and yesterday a confirmation letter came giving her an appointment in two weeks time...at the City!

I don't know why the levels of complaints seem to be increasing or why so many missed appointments, surely it can't all be down to Covid? Perhaps curbing staff moonlight in the private sector might help...

Staff moonlighting in the private sector is a big problem within the NHS. The NHS trained them and gave them a secure number but they seek the higher rewards of private medicine but still like to keep a foot in the NHS. I used private practice for my hip operation last year but that was because I’d had enough of the pain and there was no forseeable NHS operation on the horizon. I could afford it but I have strong sympathy for those that can’t.

The plastic surgeon, currently awaiting trial for stabbing and attempted arson, was an NHS whistleblower who appeared to have been ganged up on by his moonlighting colleagues. It sounds like he was a desperate man although obviously his actions can’t be condoned. It will be interesting to see what comes out regarding his motives at the trial this September.

When I was in industry I had all of my senior employees and their families covered by private medical insurance purely in the interests of keeping the company running efficiently. Since I’ve been retired I’ve not paid for private medical cover but the amount I’ve saved will have paid for my last operation and more.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
6 hours ago, catfan said:

Received a phone call from Urology this morning to say forget my appt but instead after reviewing my notes I will have to go for a MRI scan instead. I will be contacted again soon.

The plot thickens. 

After my MRI scan 3 weeks ago & my prostate biopsy & bone scan last week I've got to go to City urology for the results on Monday. As you say 'the plot thickens.' 

Hope all is well for you CF...

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, philmayfield said:

The plastic surgeon, currently awaiting trial for stabbing and attempted arson, was an NHS whistleblower who appeared to have been ganged up on by his moonlighting colleagues. 

I think you will find your grapevine information is wrong Phil.  

Here's wishing everybody with ongoing issues, a positive outcome.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
6 hours ago, LizzieM said:

I think you will find your grapevine information is wrong Phil.  

I have no information. It's just my opinion. I did however read the details of his complaint against his whistle blower verdict. I think they ganged up on him for revealing how the system was being ripped off by those doing private practice. Whether anything comes out at the trial remains to be seen. All my medical friends are no longer here! 

I believe a problem with NHS wasting money is the way money is allocated to various departments for their annual budget. I’ve heard recently been told of 2 instances of disgraceful waste. One was from a company why buy surplus and obsolete equipment from the NHS. They have had on more than one occasion boxed of brand new IT equipment, untouched still boxed which had been bought as “if they don’t spend their budget allocation it will be reduced the following year”.

Another is someone who does certain contract work for the NHS and was asked to invoice for work that might need doing at some time in the year but not yet done so as to get up to the departments budget spend. 
I can’t say how accurate these reports are but they are plausible.

Love a Doctor with a sense of humour..........been suffering with bad 'Stomach pains'' lately first thing in the morning...had a telephone consultation yesterday...the Doc prescribed massaging 'Nurofen gel' 3 times a day..and don't be doing the 'Paso Doble' for a while......lol

• Like 1

At last the feeling in my hand is returning after todays palaver.

Arrived at Derby Royal for a minor op 12:30, left 17:30 with a hand doing a passable imitation of a leg of lamb.

I expected to go into a little room stick my hand out and chop, snip, stich and Bob's yer uncle.

Oh no, go in the room get undressed put on a gown and we'll give you an anaesthetic!. It was a full monty operating theatre, consultants, surgeons, assistants... At one point I think the car park attendant was in there somewhere.

I'm all for proper care and attention but even DB came in to see if I died it was taking so long.

Home now and instructed not to remove the dressing until the clinic in ten days time nor must it get wet. There is a giant condom thingy coming from Amazon to wear over my hand so I can shower.

In ten days time I bet my is going to be proper stinky!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Well after my high PSA test, MRi scan, prostate biopsy & nuclear bone scan in the last few weeks I saw a doctor for results at City Hospital today. It turns out I have prostate cancer & was started on hormone therapy today, it hasn't spread anywhere else though. In 2/3 moths I'll be having radio therapy or surgery. Can't believe how fast thing have moved in the last month...   

Hi Colly, glad to hear you're being well looked after. You're in good hands there at City. As I understand it when there's a question involving men's waterworks + PSA blood test you're automatically on a 2 week max waiting list for each procedure, hence the rapid response. All the best mate.

• Like 1

Colly, my husband went through all of that about 8 years ago. He had radiotherapy and has been fine since.  He had blood tests last week and has got an annual consultation this week with his oncologist.  Don’t stress about it, all will be fine. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

All the best Colly......i know the feeling when your'e told the news...mine was 7 years ago.......

• Like 1

All the very best from me too Colly. Had a similar scare myself a couple of years ago. Thankfully, it turned out to be an enlarged prostrate. Prescribed Finasteride tablets to shrink it back. When all was back, the consultant said I could stop taking the tablets, but I said if it was OK with him I'd carry on with them if it prevents a recurrence.   Best of luck to you mate. B.

• Like 1

Thanks Brew, Willow Wilson, Lizzie, Catfan, Ben, Cliff, Trogg & Beekay. My wife thought I'd get the all clear like I did just over two years ago, but I knew something was wrong when I kept having more tests/scans. I'm level 4, (Gleason 8 = 4+4) highest it goes is 5. They say radiotherapy is the gold standard but they may not be able to do it because I've had ischemic colitis that has scarred my bowel, got to go & see oncologist in next few weeks to discuss this. It hasn't spread anywhere else so was caught fairly early. Just over a month ago I had no idea this was going on in my body, just shows how quickly your life can change...