Ailments, Aches & Pains. (Let's hear them here)

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Being the newbie I am to N.S. I couldn't work out how to reach out to Physical Perfection to tell him to get on with life as you never know what tomorrow will bring. Obviously at the moment time

I'm a happy Bunny tonight Went for my oncology visit after I had the P.E.T. scan and T.A.C. a couple of weeks ago and all is clear after the scare I had. The next process is due in 6 months after I ha

Well I hadn't intended contributing to this thread but do you want to know how many staples I've got in my tummy?!!  Actually I'll spare you the details but I want to put on record that my experience

Thanks Catfan... I get this knot in my stomach when my imagination goes into overdrive, but then I think "I can't do owt about it, so I've just got to let the doctors do what they have to do." I'd like to thank you & everyone who's commented for their moral support....  

• Like 2

Colly  don't worry about falling asleep , it happens to us all and I notice it more now than a few months ago. Radiology does make you tired, I remember when I had it the patients would talk between themselves about how tired they got. I used to think its not happening to me , is something wrong then it got me and I joined the ranks. It does pass but I've had no experience with hormone tabs. All the best.

• Like 1

While on this topic, Ive had a painful few days. For some time now I've had a niggly feeling in my teeth and gums. Nothing to say it was toothache or infection but finally went to my brother in law who's a dentist.  It was an infection caused by a capped tooth. Anyway partly solved but still needs more treatment next week. Then my oncologist rang to give me an appointment ( with results of my latest exams) this afternoon. Again yesterday the Dr from CTO in Turin where i had my op 2019. He asked me a few questions about how I found myself now and if I had any pain etc. I should have gone last year for a checkup but with lockdown I didnt go. Now he wants me to go for a chat and have another MRI. I did think all my health issues were solved but we'll see how many more they give me.

• Like 2

Well had my first injection of tryptorelin on Monday & that'll last for 3 months & should shrink the tumour, gave me a sore bum but needs must... Been to see oncologist this morning & I should be having radiotherapy in about 3 months time. He said after the tryptorelin has shrunk the tumour he'll blast the prostate, seminal vesicle's & nearby lymph node's with radiation & hopefully that should be that. He said the wee-wee problems should hopefully resolve after the tryptorelin injections & radiotherapy have shrunk/ bopped off the tumour, but if they don't I'll need a TURP operation... Feeling a bit calmer now & the knot in my stomach has almost gone...

• Like 7
  • Upvote 2

Very glad to hear it Colly. All sounds positive.

• Like 1

Fair do's Colly. I wish you all very best and hope all goes well. Good to hear you're feeling a bit better now. Was going to say 'Keep your pecker up!, but it might not be appropriate. Take care cocker. B.

• Like 2
51 minutes ago, colly0410 said:

Feeling a bit calmer now & the knot in my stomach has almost gone...

Hopefully before much longer you'll be looking back and thinking "what was all the fuss about ?".

• Like 2

Best of luck Catfan. Hope goes well for you too.

(Don't forget to lend your lad your hosepipe).

• Like 3

Colly, it certainly sounds as though theyve got you covered. I'm glad you're feeling better and that anxiety has calmed down. When youre up a gum tree and don't know whats happening its normal for your mind to go into 5th gear.

I'm still waiting to hear my diagnosis. Oncologist had a meeting with radiologist last Monday to show him all my reports and hopefully find out exactly what this mark, shadow or scarring is because they just dont know.

He rang me on Wednesday and told me that the radiologist couldnt distinguish what it was because the image  wasnt clear. So now they have to get in touch with the private clinic where I had the scan to ask them to compare this with the last one I had 3 months ago. This should have been done at the time but wasnt.

So now waiting again and hoping I dont have to do another CT scan because June 12 I have to have an MRI on my back. I'm so fed up of medical issues this year.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Amazing how things youv'e never heard of crop up.........ive now got ''Tenosynovitis''............to go with my ''Essential Tremor''..........thought it was ''Carpal Tunnel''..........but was diagnosed yesterday..........very painful wrist..fingers and Thumb...mostly ''Thumb,,,,,,,anyone else had/got it?

Get injection next week..........

Ben, Sorry that you’ve developed yet another condition to put up with.  Hope it can be alleviated with the injection x

• Like 1