Ailments, Aches & Pains. (Let's hear them here)

The one still on Clifton could well be the younger version who I remember (although by now he will obviously be a bit older).

Looking at old telephone directories, the one on Alfreton Road (along with Stebbings) was spelt as Lavelle.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Being the newbie I am to N.S. I couldn't work out how to reach out to Physical Perfection to tell him to get on with life as you never know what tomorrow will bring. Obviously at the moment time

I'm a happy Bunny tonight Went for my oncology visit after I had the P.E.T. scan and T.A.C. a couple of weeks ago and all is clear after the scare I had. The next process is due in 6 months after I ha

Well I hadn't intended contributing to this thread but do you want to know how many staples I've got in my tummy?!!  Actually I'll spare you the details but I want to put on record that my experience

A Dr Terence Raphael Lavelle died in 2013 and the funeral was held at an RC church in the Aspley area. Possibly the doctor who was connected with Alfreton Road?

I can see two Peters with that surname. One born in 1947 and another in the mid 1960s.

Finally managed to get a blood test to check my levels for my thyroid medication today. Already had to cancel a hospital appointment because of the shortage of the blood vials. I must say it was the most painful blood test I have ever had which is saying something as my last doctor, who retired during the pandemic, could bring tears to your eyes when he did them. Think my head nearly hit the ceiling as the “small scratch” felt like she had put a red hot needle in my arm, don’t know if perhaps she hit a nerve when she did it if that is possible. I had it done over an hour ago and it is still aching and is tender to the touch, haven’t taken the plaster off yet but am expecting an enormous bruise when I do! 

In other news....

As of today I am now 'on the list' at Wrightington Hospital for a 'double' TKR, which translates as Total Knee Replacement in both knees.  Waiting time is 6-12 months for the first op and then all being well the second one 6 months later.  So, with luck and a following wind I may be able to walk without pain sometime in the next 18 months.

Which is nice.. :)

• Like 3

My neighbour recently had a full knee replacement after years of agony. She was operated on in the morning and physio had her standing in the afternoon. She was walking the following day and now, after a couple of months, she fairly skips along. She said the pain had gone and all she had to put up with was soreness. I can't believe how quickly she recovered. Very best wishes DJ, I hope all goes well. Regards, Barrie.

• Like 1

All the best Col  mate. Hopefullythe  covid crisis will ease soon and they get through the lists a bit quicker

• Like 1

SUNDAY ?   only went into the village to get a Sunday paper, next thing i know , i was having words with a pavememnt slab. Very nice lady ask if she could help me up, Ben (did not know him from Adam) ask if I could follow his finger. Lady had phoned master to bring car down to take me up home. Next door neighbour Doc Val? came round insisting that we phone blues and twos, *(999)  so after broken glasses, spending all Sunday at Kings Mill (could nor praise ambulance nurse's Doctors and porters any more as they were excellent)  I am now at home recovering, back for checkup on my eyes at 2-30am ohh!! sorry pm.  All though no one offerd me a cup of tea. Thats the way to diet Go out for a paper don't have breakfast/dinner or tea.

Oh dear Mary - what a day you had!  I’m pleased they’ve allowed you to go home from hospital  and that you seem OK now.  Is the eye appointment related to your fall?

Because your glasses were broken I suppose you didn’t even get to read a Sunday paper while you were in hospital!

I hope ‘master’ has been looking after you well…

• Like 2

I'm reminded of a curmudgeonly, skinflint of a chap who used to keep a village shop not far away from me. An elderly native of the village went, religiously, every morning to buy his paper from the shop and, one morning, unfortunately suffered a coronary on the steps as he was approaching the shop doorway and dropped dead.

Curmudgeonly skinflint's comment? "He might have bought his paper first!"

They're all heart in Derbyshire!

• Like 1

Sounds like an 'interesting' day Mary.:ohmy:  I hope you are soon fully recovered.

• Like 1

Flippim 'eck.. yer dozy b.....   oops sorry, get well soon Mary and remember G&T for breakfast is never a good idea!   ;)

• Like 1

Up to date post!

Went back to Kings Mill after playing with pavement slab, doc wanted to check my eyes, well i can see the moon what else is there to see? any way thanks all for post's. Appointment 2 30 arrived early, parked in disable bay (now free if you take blue badge to reception) master and I took blue badge with us, sorry lady who signs blue badges is off sick. OK so what do we do ? I will give you a ticket to raise barrier when you leave. So far so good. 3 45 not seen doc 4 45 not seen doc 6 45 called in to see doc, have they put drops in your eyes? "no " i said "ok" i will put you drops then sit outside 10mins, by this time master and myself had- had enough (but what can one do?) 2 more people went in to see doc, my turn now (last man standing) no one left in hospital. Well all seems ok said Doc. man of very few words. Take this paper to reception on your way out. Handed paper in we will send you appointment 3 weeks time. Just a minute doc said all ok?  Is it me? Arrived home 7 45 or  8 45 not sure lost will to live.   No not realy.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, mary1947 said:

“Appointment 2:30 arrived early”

“6:45 called in to see doc”

Blinking Hector @mary1947 what was you thinking  :crazy:  

They make the crinklies sit outside our surgery due to Covid & they still turn up 6 hours before their appointment  :biggrin:

Get well soon duck x 

• Like 1

This is not a complaint.. just an observation.  My Flu Jab appointment on 23rd Sep, was cancelled by Text this morning.  It seems the jabs have been delayed.

It seems it's due to lack of HGV drivers... I'm tempted to renew mine especially now they're making £50k plus OT

• Like 1