Ailments, Aches & Pains. (Let's hear them here)

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Being the newbie I am to N.S. I couldn't work out how to reach out to Physical Perfection to tell him to get on with life as you never know what tomorrow will bring. Obviously at the moment time

I'm a happy Bunny tonight Went for my oncology visit after I had the P.E.T. scan and T.A.C. a couple of weeks ago and all is clear after the scare I had. The next process is due in 6 months after I ha

Well I hadn't intended contributing to this thread but do you want to know how many staples I've got in my tummy?!!  Actually I'll spare you the details but I want to put on record that my experience

Had a phone consultation earlier re my prostate cancer after I finished radiotherapy last December. Result of my blood test last week is the PSA is undetectable, so I'm in remission, will still be having ADT injections every 3 months until June 2023 to mop up any metastasis's that might be lurking somewhere. I will also have to have 6 monthly PSA tests for the rest of my life so they know if it comes back...  

• Like 5

Mrs PP negative today :biggrin: I'm still positive but feeling good and did a gentle 30' in the gym before breakfast - so returning to the usual routine. Booked a boat on Carsington for Sunday - forecast looks good and dying to get out. Been counting my flies all week and have 1,000,016 - I must have lost one! If I test positive again tomorrow I will have a recount :wacko:

• Like 1

Sorry I’m 67 on Saturday! Just been diagnosed today with Osteoarthritis of both my  knees, not good news for the allotment but will adapt. Never give up eh.

• Like 1

Mrs. B …. Sorry to read you have osteoarthritis in your knee joints, but I like your attitude about never giving up.  Of course there are options if the pain /discomfort starts to really get you down.  (eh DJ !)  

Anyway, I hope you’ll have a lovely birthday on Saturday x

• Like 1
On 4/2/2022 at 8:15 AM, carni said:

'Im a very confused patient in waiting

I'm getting really nervous now. The Scaredy Cat is coming out in me now  it is only 19days from surgery.

Today Hospital for another Covid swab test and isolation until Tuesday.

Tuesday, 9am,the stress ECG,that was recently cancelled.

24th,April another Covid swab test.

27th April Hospital at 7am. Day of Procedure.

Thinking of you Carni.  Hope the stress ECG appointment will go ahead this time x

12 hours ago, Jill Sparrow said:

Someone who is 69?

Not that it bothers me.

Well, I'd like to turn 70 again, but that happened 8 years ago so I'll not get that chance again. But I'm OK so it's great being 78. :tanning:

Up to being 73 i reckon i was pretty fit.....despite having a big Heart attack when i was 58..........

Played a little football....could go for a run......still working at something i loved (meeting and greeting people)...liked a smoke and a drink......then a major illness that took my voice forever..but also affected my life in very many ways....

Now at 77 feel blessed to still be around......i miss having a run or short kick-about.....also miss a Drink or two...with a Smoke....my disability takes up some time every day attending to it.......i enjoy a short cycle on days that are not too cold..(cold weather affects my breathing) also enjoy getting out most days..if only into Bulwell......when there i usually meet people i have known for years and its always good to chat and laugh about 'Bygone times''............

In short i still enjoy life..and am blessed with a lovely caring family.......every new year is a bonus...keep smiling....might even get back to my Lovely Spain and Nerja later this year......We pass this way but once...:)

• Like 10

That's the main thing, Ben.........the fact that you are still here and posting on Nottstalgia (and anywhere else) is a sign that you must be doing something right, and somebody up there obviously doesn't think too badly of you.

• Like 1

I love your positive attitude Ben. And yes, I think you a very blessed.  Your final sentence is part of a longer ‘poem’ which we have framed in our hall- I see it every day and try to live by the sentiments expressed in it. 

”I shall pass through this world but once.  

Any good thing therefore I can do, or any kindness I can show to any human being, let me do it now, let me not defer it or neglect it, for
I shall not pass this way again.”

Of course, animals and all creation are also included wherever possible !!

• Like 3
3 hours ago, carni said:

27th April Hospital at 7am. Day of Procedure.

Carni, this long drawn-out period of Covid and other tests is what’s making you so nervous.  If the doctors had said they wanted you in and operated on within a week or so you’d have had no time to get yourself wound up.  I feel for you and I’m thinking of you.  x

• Like 1

Me too Carnie.......get in get it done and get out..........so we can duet again....:rolleyes:

Love the Poem Margie...........i often use that phrase'' 

I recall our RE Teacher always used it..........

• Like 1

Personally, I believe we pass this way many times but that does not mean we should not adhere to the rest of the sentiments. The Dalai Lama says that, whenever possible, we should be kind...and it is ALWAYS possible.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, carni said:

I'm getting really nervous now.

Carni, there are no words I have that will chase the scaredy-cat away, I wish I had.

You've had a long and uncertain journey so far, but the medical team are taking the time and trouble to make absolutely sure everything goes well, so try to relax if you can. Try the stress transference technique, ask for hubs credit card and tell him you're going shopping!

You'll soon be back on yer bike mi duck, we're all rooting for you... x

• Like 1