Ailments, Aches & Pains. (Let's hear them here)

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Being the newbie I am to N.S. I couldn't work out how to reach out to Physical Perfection to tell him to get on with life as you never know what tomorrow will bring. Obviously at the moment time

I'm a happy Bunny tonight Went for my oncology visit after I had the P.E.T. scan and T.A.C. a couple of weeks ago and all is clear after the scare I had. The next process is due in 6 months after I ha

Well I hadn't intended contributing to this thread but do you want to know how many staples I've got in my tummy?!!  Actually I'll spare you the details but I want to put on record that my experience

Thank you for your sentiments Margie H. Will have to see how I go.

3 hours ago, IAN FINN said:

The cream cakes are part of the recovery carni enjoy all the best.

Maybe you could get them on prescription!

• Like 1

In that case KatyJ, I'm gonna change my pharmacist. Then get regular repeat prescriptions. 

• Upvote 1
On 4/7/2022 at 9:51 PM, MRS B said:

Sorry I’m 67 on Saturday! Just been diagnosed today with Osteoarthritis of both my  knees, not good news for the allotment but will adapt. Never give up eh.

Mrs B. My advice would be to get knee replacement as soon as possible. I put up with it all for far too log and aq=m now balancing risk of surgery with an 'iffy' ticker, against benefits of successful surgery..

18 hours ago, carni said:

27th April Hospital at 7am. Day of Procedure.

Carni..I recently learned a very simple but astonishingly effective defence against worry and anxiety..

" At the moment..I'm OK"

In other words forget the past which you cannot change and forget the future which you cannot predict. Just 'be' now.

Col

• Like 2
13 hours ago, carni said:

Thankyou everyone. As usual you lighten my mood, with your kindness and amusing advice. I wish I could take you all with me.lol.:faint:

Well what an invtiation carni  Hope all goes well for you and may-be just may-be  we can all get together  we can have a cream cake partie afterwards. xxxxxxxxxxx

16 hours ago, carni said:

Thankyou everyone. As usual you lighten my mood, with your kindness and amusing advice. I wish I could take you all with me.lol.

I'll make a prediction.......you'll be back here posting again by some time in early May.

DJ360 I was just diagnosed last Thursday and given an exercise programme which I will follow for the next 2 weeks initially and see how I go. To be fair I think I have caused the problem to a certain extent by doing everything at the allotment for extended periods of time on my knees for the last 10 years or so to protect my unpredictable back! 
I do know a couple of people who have gone down the knee replacement route and are actually worse than they were before so it could be a bit of a lottery, everyone is different I guess. 
Thanks for your help anyway, appreciate it.Mrs B

There is always a risk. My 92 year old auntie had a knee replacement some years ago and it wasn't successful. It was quite some years before she could be persuaded to let them try again but by that time she had other mobility issues and never really obtained any benefit from it. Pros and cons need to be weighed very carefully.

19 minutes ago, OLDIE said:

Thanks o everyone for cheering me up. Carcinoma of the nasopharynx nearly did me in 30 yrs ago. Prostate cancer 12 yrs ago. So now it's time to get on with things Thanks Again

Its the only thing you can do , get on with it and enjoy life however you can.

I can only imagine  you must feel with your problems, me knee replaced both, shoulders replaced , left one twice should have had the right one replaced again 3 years ago , but circumstances have delayed it, hopefully it will be done in next few months. kidney cancer 3years ago and now have another problem with my stomach , had loads of tests 2 different scans and they think its the bile duct or something else ,name to difficult to remember . But life is here to be enjoyed however you can, get on and do what you can while you can and dont forget smile while you are doing it , it confuses the others.

• Like 6
  • 2 weeks later...

Carni I wish we could all wave a magic wand for you and all who have problems with various body parts. There’s nothing that can be done about our scares and nervousness so…. Relax and don’t think about it. I know it’s difficult but we are all in the hands of experienced medics who all know how to treat you. It’s the waiting around for appointments and phone calls that are frustrating and possibly does more harm than the actual treatment. Once you are in the hospital and they’ve put you in bed I’ve found that all my fears disappeared. I’ve realised I am in need and now I can’t back out. Carni I wish I could give you a hug and tell you in person that everything will be ok. As others have said think “ cream cakes, chocolate and all things nice and NS pals who all send you

“ protection against fears and nervousness“

A big hug.

• Like 3

As I've said before, one of the positive indications of someone's health is that they can still post on Nottstalgia (and other places).

As long as you can say something, and we can read it, things can't be all bad.

• Like 2

Thankyou for your heart warming post Nonna B. It is so caring of you.  Only a week to go now, and you are right about the waiting being frustrating and how it  gives time for the imagination to run riot.

I thank you all again for your encouraging and thoughtful posts. xx

• Like 4

Carni I’m reliving my fears and frustrations with you but I know they will go when you receive your “ appointment” :bighug:

Carni, your op date has been in my diary for quite a while  .  I’ll be thinking of you xx

I'll have an elephants foot for you tomorrow Carni...   :P   Cheers m'dear and see you soon..