Ailments, Aches & Pains. (Let's hear them here)

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Being the newbie I am to N.S. I couldn't work out how to reach out to Physical Perfection to tell him to get on with life as you never know what tomorrow will bring. Obviously at the moment time

I'm a happy Bunny tonight Went for my oncology visit after I had the P.E.T. scan and T.A.C. a couple of weeks ago and all is clear after the scare I had. The next process is due in 6 months after I ha

Well I hadn't intended contributing to this thread but do you want to know how many staples I've got in my tummy?!!  Actually I'll spare you the details but I want to put on record that my experience

• 3 weeks later...

I went to the doctors for the 5th time this week , and told the doc , i got a pain in me bum , he says you ARE  a pain in the bum , i see you more than my wife he says , i said her bum pain can't be as bad as mine then !!!

Also i see the Doctors wife , more than he does !!!!

Col... everything OK in the Peoples Republic of Billinge? haven't seen you for a while...

3 hours ago, David sheridan said:

Haven't got Face book , is Foot note any good ?

Talking of ailments , i remember one mothers day  ,we took our dear old mam out for lunch, she wasn't too  brilliant on her feet so we put her in a wheelchair, it might of well been a wheelbarrow as to the red faces she caused  us ,

We were trying to get her into the pub with no ramp , the bar staff helped us in and seated us at a table , where my mam got out the wheelchair briskly as you like ,  and said im am going to the ladies , everyone was embarrassed after all the huffing and puffing trying to get the chair into the pub doorway  !

• Upvote 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I’ve been under the knife today.  A while ago a doctor friend noticed a ‘thing’ near my eye.  It looked like a tiny little blister and I’d had it for a long time but it wasn’t bothering me so I’d done nothing about it.  He suggested I get it looked at and recommended a Dermatologist colleague, so I went to see this man privately at The Park Hospital.  Turned out it was a nodal basal cell carcinoma and he said I could leave it and it may not cause a problem, or I could leave it and it might grow behind my eye and I’d lose my eye, or he could remove it by Moh surgery.  Well it was a no-brainier,  so today I was in a clinic in Oxford ( he doesn’t operate in Nottingham) at 8am getting sorted under local anaesthetic. The jab was the only uncomfortable bit and I felt absolutely nothing as the surgeon carefully took away the offending BCC and put tiny stitches in.  I’m now going into hibernation because I’ve got a really big black eye and can’t  use any camouflage until the stitches are removed in a week’s time.  

My father had a couple of those removed in the 1980s at the City Hospital. Again, very near his left eye and he was kept in for a week! The biopsy found they were malignant. His time spent in the tropics during naval service during the war was thought to be responsible. The sun did not suit my very fair-skinned, dark-haired father and it doesn't suit me for the same reason.

Swift recovery, Lizzie.

Oh Lizzie what a fright you must have had but it seems as though you have come out with a small "injury" which is worth it by catching it in time. I do hope you have a quick recovery and your black eye doesnt last long.

I'll keep thinking about you.

xx

Lizzie, you take care lady. Wishing you a speedy recovery. Mrs B