Ailments, Aches & Pains. (Let's hear them here)

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Being the newbie I am to N.S. I couldn't work out how to reach out to Physical Perfection to tell him to get on with life as you never know what tomorrow will bring. Obviously at the moment time

I'm a happy Bunny tonight Went for my oncology visit after I had the P.E.T. scan and T.A.C. a couple of weeks ago and all is clear after the scare I had. The next process is due in 6 months after I ha

Well I hadn't intended contributing to this thread but do you want to know how many staples I've got in my tummy?!!  Actually I'll spare you the details but I want to put on record that my experience

Best Wisher Lizzie  Take Care. 

• Upvote 1

Best wishes Lizzie from

me and Paul.  Will you be at the next meet up?   The black eye will have probably faded by then or you can wear dark glasses!  Xx

• Upvote 1

Thankyou everyone for your good wishes, the black eye is even worse this morning, I look like I’ve been in the ring with AJ.  
Margie, yes I’ll be there for a catch-up, ketchup and chips! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Sounds radical Catfan. Here's wishing you well for next Thursday.

Had a look at your vid. Don't fly whatever you do.    B.

Sounds kinda serious... hope it goes well CF.

May be Mary's idea of a meet at QMC might not be such a bad idea, I wonder if they do block bookings...

@catfan interesting video.

my nearly 55 year old son told me last week that the optician told him the vitreous (like jelly) had separated from the retina in one of his eyes but there appeared to be no tears in the retina.  He’d been having lots of floaters and occasional ‘flashes’ in his peripheral vision for a few weeks.  The same thing happened to me in my early sixties and it didn’t affect my vision at all in that eye.  His distance vision is still brilliant as he could read the bottom line on the eye chart. The optician told him that the line above the bottom one is classed as 20/20 vision.

Apparently  this separation of the vitreous is not uncommon and doesn’t seem to cause any problems .unless it tears the retina as it separates.

@Jill Sparrow when I had a cataract op over 20 years ago, my whole lens was removed and an artificial one put in its place - perhaps they didn’t do this for your mum’s cataract?

Yes, they did, Margie. Her sight was brilliant for a couple of years but then secondary film formed over both eyes, necessitating laser treatment to remove it. Something went awry with the left eye and her sight in that eye was never much use afterwards.

• 2 months later...

Got back from an overnight in the hospital yesterday pm.  Friday a.m I was having breakfast when Mrs. L said, "I've called the ambulance."  My response was WHY?  She said you were unresponsive and you threw up.  I had no memory of such a thing.  Seems I was unconscious for several minutes.  spent some time in emergency and a test showed I was CV positive and severely dehydrated so they kept me overnight for observation.  Mrs. L tested positive with home test kit.  I had a sore throat the previous day or two.  Now cleared up but left with a cough.  Barking with the dogs.  Feel weak now, I think from laying around in the hospital for 36 hours. Hospital was great,  genuine caring people.  Had some good banter,  Ben would have enjoyed it.

Soooo! just gotta shake the coof off. I guess it's still lurking around.  They sent me home with a heart monitor fo 30 days to make sure no problems there and more pinpricks than a pin cushion.  Dogs made a big fuss when I got home.

Sorry to hear of your news, Loppy. Must have been very scary for Mrs Loppy!  Take it easy and relax in your dog basket for a few days. No chasing the ball or digging holes in the garden. Do as nurses Jake and Bailey tell you! You're in my thoughts.

• Like 1

Thanks y'all You're making me feel better already.  One of the nurses asked me if I'd learned to say 'y'all' yet.  I didn't try to teach her  'ayagorraweyah'  Thought it might be a bit much.  :biggrin:  I think one of the first questions each one asked was,  "Where you from."?

• Like 2