Ailments, Aches & Pains. (Let's hear them here)

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Being the newbie I am to N.S. I couldn't work out how to reach out to Physical Perfection to tell him to get on with life as you never know what tomorrow will bring. Obviously at the moment time

I'm a happy Bunny tonight Went for my oncology visit after I had the P.E.T. scan and T.A.C. a couple of weeks ago and all is clear after the scare I had. The next process is due in 6 months after I ha

Well I hadn't intended contributing to this thread but do you want to know how many staples I've got in my tummy?!!  Actually I'll spare you the details but I want to put on record that my experience

Hi Ian.

After starting out in Toronto. 1970, four years later we moved to Calgary, Alberta.  Houses were more affordable there.  Spent 15 years there.  1990 moved up to near Edmonton.  )ived there until first wife died in 99.  Lived alone for two years until the current Mrs L from Georgia showed up.  Long story short we married and I moved to Georgia,  Been here 20 odd years now.

• Like 1

We must have arrived in Canada about the same time me arrived August24 1970 in Regina Saskatchewan been there ever since i am still working at the same place i started in 1971 i got married in 1971 same gal for 51years still going strong she came to Canada in 1957 from Kimberley Notts and i lived just down the road at Nuthall i did not know her until we met in Canada.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, MargieH said:

And me and Paul.  Next year will be our 57th

I am here ya know. I'll be watching you two and keeping an eye on your celebrations..

And to LL., get well soon mate. Hope you feel better very quickly.  B.

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, Dark Angel said:

last post meant for loppylugs

I sincerely hope you don't mean that literally D.A.,

We want him up and barking !

• Like 1

I'll take that L.L., you can even nip me ankles if you want. If it makes you feel better, you can always pee on me shoes !

Take care mate.

• Like 1

Had a few nasty periods this year. In hospital again with heart issues. Regular nose bleeds and coughing up blood. Near death experience with covid plus some bad days with arthritis flare ups. But I have got through it and today I feel great. Had chest CT scan last month showing an anomaly in upper right chamber. Anther scan due in Nov. This morning I performed comfortably well on the indoor bike and rowing machine. No breathing, heart or headache issues. Starting to enjoy the daily work out again. Life is good :)

• Like 8

Evening all!

First off, sorry I missed Loppy's news.

Hope your recovery is continuing Loppy. 

Peveril Peril. You too. . Your positive attitude is an inspiration.

As for me, part of the reason I've not been on much lately is because my new knee joint really doesn't  like the PC chair and typing on my phone is a PITA.

Knee is mostly much stronger and I can push upstairs with it now, but plagued by a clicking tendon on outside which gets sore if I do too much. Also struggling to keep the swelling down.

That said, I've already had an initial 'pre-op' for the second knee replacement and have another booked in a week or so . I do want it done ASAP, but I'd like the first one to be a bit better recovered first!!! To be fair I think the surgeons want to get me past the cardiologists while their last assessment is still valid.

Meanwhile, I had to miss my last physio appt . as Mrs Col and I were both flattened by some sort of bug, which didn't show up as Covid but saw us both on antibiotics for a week with chest infections.. I'm left rather wheezy and with a frothy cough, which I hope goes soon or the heart failure lot will probably use it as leverage to get me onto more drugs. :wacko:

Still ..progress.

Onwards and upwards!!!

• Like 6
14 hours ago, Beekay said:

Take care Tel.,don't push it too hard.

Has Mrs PP started painting yet.

Thanks BK - I don't push too hard - keep an eye on the HRM and learnt to read my body after decades of training. Recovery is the main factor - especially as we get older.

Mrs PP is at the local art class as I type. Can't get her interested in any outside stuff though. I would have a go if I was not as busy.