Ailments, Aches & Pains. (Let's hear them here)

It's on hold. Paintwork is sorted. New unit is wall mounted. Just four screws for brackets and hang it in place, pre- assemble basin tap and waste then drop in and connect up.

But not till I get the all clear from Doc.

Last is to put down some 'click together' flooring and a bit of skirting.

When thata done sort out some decorating elsewhere, new carpets throughout then that's me done.

Anything beyond a bit of gardening will not be done by me.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Being the newbie I am to N.S. I couldn't work out how to reach out to Physical Perfection to tell him to get on with life as you never know what tomorrow will bring. Obviously at the moment time

I'm a happy Bunny tonight Went for my oncology visit after I had the P.E.T. scan and T.A.C. a couple of weeks ago and all is clear after the scare I had. The next process is due in 6 months after I ha

Well I hadn't intended contributing to this thread but do you want to know how many staples I've got in my tummy?!!  Actually I'll spare you the details but I want to put on record that my experience

Yeah yeah... you make it sound so simple but we both know it can be quite strenuous bending, lifting etc. There comes a time...

Absolutely. That time is here, but since I can't afford to pay tradesmen..

The back pain started before I started in bathroom, which is so far just painting, although I did have to isolate, empty and then lift off the poncy stainless steel heated towel rail as impossible to get a brush or roller behind it. All done now. Ten minutes of painitng needed then it's just the new basin/unit. Flooring literally goes down like laminate flooring, but has its own backing and has waterproof joints. Easy enough, and it's only a small bathroom. Bath and shower stay, just getting new magnetic seals for shower screens.

After that..(and a suitable period of procrastination..) it's a couple of internal doors.. NOT fitted by me as I only have to look at a piece of wood to make it split... replace some exceptionally creaky floorboards on landing with particle board, redecorate stairs, landing, and lounge, (Brother will help with the decorating.. he's a pro..and younger.) ..new carpets and that's it. All that should last a minimum of five years.  If I last longer..I'll employ a decorator...

Oh.. I wan't to refinish the open plan stairs. Still a very yellow 70s pine finish.. it has to go...

Col you make it appear a short easy few jobs to be done , just think about it and take you time we dont want to hear more stories of injuries.

You must be clever, Col, fitting the flooring round the loo and washbasin …..

32 minutes ago, MargieH said:

You must be clever, Col, fitting the flooring round the loo and washbasin …..

I'm cleverer than that Margie!!...

The wash basin will be mounted on a wall hung unit, so flooring just goes under..  And the loo is separate....

Flooring will encounter the door architrave, but the simple solution is to cut away a few mm at bottom of architrave, using a 'multitool with a 'plunge' blade so flooring slides under. Any slight imperfection at floor edges will be hidden by skirting fitted afterwards, with adhesive and/or sealant. Couple of pipes for towel rail need to be got round..that's all, and any cutting again hidden by those nice chrome pipe collars, which just clip into place...

Easeh!;)

• Upvote 1
31 minutes ago, trogg said:

Col you make it appear a short easy few jobs to be done , just think about it and take you time we dont want to hear more stories of injuries.

Trust me Mick.. I am NOT rushing. It's not in my nature.