Ailments, Aches & Pains. (Let's hear them here)

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Being the newbie I am to N.S. I couldn't work out how to reach out to Physical Perfection to tell him to get on with life as you never know what tomorrow will bring. Obviously at the moment time

I'm a happy Bunny tonight Went for my oncology visit after I had the P.E.T. scan and T.A.C. a couple of weeks ago and all is clear after the scare I had. The next process is due in 6 months after I ha

Well I hadn't intended contributing to this thread but do you want to know how many staples I've got in my tummy?!!  Actually I'll spare you the details but I want to put on record that my experience

I have a couple of friends who have been through this procedure, Carni. Both males, so wusses to start with (sorry chaps!). Both came through it with no adverse effects and now fighting fit. Well, may be not Fighting exactly, but you get the drift. You'll be fine!

• Upvote 3

Listen, no one can hold a candle to me when it comes to being a wuss! I admit to being the world's biggest coward and my dentist, along with everybody else I've ever encountered in the medical profession, will back that up. Even my optician has to prise me out of the corner every 2 years for the glaucoma air puff test!! My eye sight's A1 apparently...I could fly Spitfires...but I'm frightened of the eye test.

What a wuss!

• Upvote 2

Sorry to hear your news Carni but positive you'll be fine and won't have to wait too long.

I'm still in Scotland after the funeral and looking after mum. Still not sure what she's going to or wants to do but she knows she has the option of coming to stay with us. But she's very independent and also 94. I worry about her being on her own so don't know what she will do when I've gone back. I'm here til Thursday.

It's cold and I only brought summer clothes with me, foolish I know but when you have temperature of 30 c it's hard to think of winter clothes.

• Upvote 1

Bin 'creased' with indigestion for more than two weeks now.  I often have bouts of it but this has been bad.  I've been taking 'Pantoprazole' at the lowest 20mg dose for years and am usually OK.  Last time it flared up the Doc increased it to 40 Mg daily which worked well at reducing the inflammation.

So, I requested more pills and Doc gave me 28 pills at 40 Mg.  Then last Sat I woke up with severe abdominal pain.  Felt like my whole abdomen was burning, mixed with a deep ache all over. At one point I was almost convinced I had a perforated ulcer, but I didn't get as 'sick' as that would have made me.

Got an emergency Doc appt and he told me to increase to 80 Mg, Pantoprazole daily.

Still much the same.  Beginning to suspect I have an ulcer.  Probably comes from me being such a cantankerous argumementative old Git but how can I stop when I know I'm always right about everything? :laugh:

Another trip to the Docs on Monday I think.

Col

• Upvote 2

So sorry that you are suffering with abdominal pain, Col.   I hope you will get an answer from the doctor tomorrow or a referral for tests.  For what it's worth, I believe one's body, mind (and spirit) all need to be in harmony for us to be completely whole and well.  As you probably are aware, one's  stress levels, however caused, can seriously affect the workings of the physical body.  I suspect it won't do any good telling you that you need to try and stop worrying about various things, but maybe that's PART of the answer to your problem.   Anyway, I hope you will soon be pain-free.....

• Upvote 3

Went to the Docs last week & saw a young wench who looked no older than eighteen years of age !

Fully qualified she said, prescribed me some tablets & working very well, going back tomorrow for second helpings !

We have five Doctors all under forty years of age & i think younger Docs fresh out of training are very good, full of enthusiasm & well up on latest practices !

The young wench doctor said to me last week that I am still a young bloke, made my day  smile2

• Upvote 3

Agree with you there, Margie. The state of our physical body is a reflection of our mental and spiritual health, in my opinion. I always try to spend some time each day in meditation and listening to calming music (in my case, Gregorian chant, plainsong or the early music of Byrd, Tallis, Palestrina,etc) and reading some inspirational writings (often Buddhist).

I suffered from ulcers when I was 18. Terribly painful but I believe they were the result of stress which I didn't know how to deal with. Yoga taught me a lot.

• Upvote 1

Oh Lord, I wish I'd never started this blooming topic now.

I too agree with Margie's comments about illnesses brought about by stress  Several years ago I was dealing with all sorts of stress from different directions, all family related.  At that same time I ended up in hospital (first time ever apart from having babies). I was on an IV antibiotic drip for 2 or 3 days and diagnosed with Diverticular Disease.  I had a major flair-up 3 years ago when we were taking the decision to put my Dad into a Care Home.  Since then I've struggled at times but coped. That was until 3 months ago when I had to have major abdominal surgery which I'm still getting over.  I'm a worrier, a Virgo, I care too much about others.  Not bad traits really but I do think that my personality has seriously affected my own general health in recent years. 

• Upvote 5

I'm a Virgo too Lizzie, and I'm sure that I worry about things unnecessarily. 

Maybe we're just too sensitive. 

I was a virgo many years ago,......i'm now a Pisces...........but still a worrier..............lol.

• Upvote 1

This young wench of a doctor, caftan, who is doing you a world of good, so much so that you are going back for more - did she tell you to drop your trousers, got hold of them and told you to cough? No wonder you're feeling well. lol

• Upvote 1