Ailments, Aches & Pains. (Let's hear them here)

I agree with you in principle, Phil.  The problem then becomes private insurance companies which get between doctor and patient arguing what they will or will not pay for.  Then there are co pays, deductables etc.  Just what you need when you are ill.  I speak from personal experience here in the good ole' USA.  I guess the root problem then becomes, greed, plus incompetence.

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Being the newbie I am to N.S. I couldn't work out how to reach out to Physical Perfection to tell him to get on with life as you never know what tomorrow will bring. Obviously at the moment time

I'm a happy Bunny tonight Went for my oncology visit after I had the P.E.T. scan and T.A.C. a couple of weeks ago and all is clear after the scare I had. The next process is due in 6 months after I ha

Well I hadn't intended contributing to this thread but do you want to know how many staples I've got in my tummy?!!  Actually I'll spare you the details but I want to put on record that my experience

The health service is to all practical intents and purposes operating on a pseudo private scheme at local level.

GP's are small businesses contracted to the NHS to provide health services to a geographic or population area, they do not work for the NHS.

Any surplus at the end of the year is shared between the partners so there is some pressure for not spending on patient care if they can get away with it.

GP funding and contracts explained | The King's Fund (kingsfund.org.uk)

2 hours ago, Brew said:

Any surplus at the end of the year is shared between the partners so there is some pressure for not spending on patient care if they can get away with it.

As far as I can see, the only expense many GPs are incurring these days is that their phone bill may have increased. Most of them no longer see patients in person, but ring them during the day.

• Like 3
14 hours ago, philmayfield said:

The NHS should be privatised and run like an efficient business.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

The NHS is not fit for purpose.

FACT.

In 2019 they paid out £2.4 Billion in compensation.

A private company could not sustain those sort of losses. And neither should we.

• Like 3

Social Care is no better. If some of their employees actually did some work and put their smartphones away for a few hours, those who need help might benefit greatly. No matter how important your social life is or how hugely popular you may think you are, you're being paid to spend your time helping the less fortunate/those who need help.  Nipping out every ten minutes for a fag break and having a chat on your mobile is, in reality, stealing your employer's time.

I honestly think smartphones are a curse in the workplace.

A curse in life generally Jill. Too many people let them dominate their lives, if they ring or make whatever stupid noise they have been set to they must be answered immediatley. Fine if you are not at the front of the queue but if you are ignore it until you are served. Comments from behind can be offensive but accurate.

• Like 1

There is something about a ringing phone that is irresistible, even pre mobiles people would halt you in your tracks with " excuse me while i get this"...

15 hours ago, Jill Sparrow said:

Nipping out every ten minutes for a fag break

That was something which really used to p* me off wherever I was working.

If you suggested the person took a 15% wage cut, it didn't go down very well.

No, the fag brigade seem to think they're entitled to a special dispensation. A colleague logged the periods of time they spent outside polluting the atmosphere over one week and calculated the total over a year. It was astounding. We asked management for the equivalent period to be added to the annual holiday entitlement of non smoking members of staff. Needless to say, that idea fell on deaf ears!

I'd like to add that going back 20 years or so, I was a smoker, but I never did that thing of hanging around outside the doors at work. It just seemed desperate and stupid.

And smelly.

Way back in the mid 70s, when I worked in the warehouse at SPD Ltd., the management introduced 10 minute fag breaks for smokers. Which didn't go well with non smokers. Some blokes would be in the cloakroom half the day, (or so it seemed). All that 46 years ago, they had concessions. Us non smokers got bugger all.

• Like 1

Someone who went round the factory told me they stuck a whole boned and gutted pig into the mincer and it all went into the pies. We had a home made pork pie making competition at our local many years ago. Just to be mischievous I put a Pork Farms pie in and won second prize. I had to confess! :biggrin:

10 hours ago, Beekay said:

Way back in the mid 70s, when I worked in the warehouse at SPD Ltd., the management introduced 10 minute fag breaks for smokers. Which didn't go well with non smokers. Some blokes would be in the cloakroom half the day, (or so it seemed). All that 46 years ago, they had concessions. Us non smokers got bugger all.

My wife Sue worked for a well known bookies & was the only one there who didn't smoke: everyone would go in the back for a fag break, even the gaffer. When Sue went went in the back for a coffee break in lieu of a fag break the gaffer said she wasn't entitled as she didn't smoke. There was a row & gaffer had to back down, but she wasn't happy about it...