FLY2

Ailments, Aches & Pains. (Let's hear them here)

Yes Catfan...........lol.

• Upvote 1

Delicate area...where the sun don't shine?  Are we talking about your wallet, Ben?  ;)

Good news that you are fiscally sound!  :rolleyes:

• Upvote 4

Pull your liberty bodice down tight keep all your bit and pieces warm and tucked in.  Glad to hear not serious.

• Upvote 2

Know just how you feel Ben earlier this year I had a swollen shall we say one of two and had to go for an ultrasound at the city.

I could have kissed the man when after several minutes he smiled and said 'nothing to worry about NBL just some fluid'. Never have I been so relieved.

• Upvote 2

Thanks all..............and NBL I know what you mean about ''felt like kissing''.........I did kiss the lady on her hand felt so relieved..........then it dawned on me...........she'd just examined me,.........but ey-ho,.............lol

• Upvote 5

Did you bring the photos home that they took Ben?  Thought you might put 'em on photobucket so we could all check 'em out.:rotfl:

• Upvote 5

In't it funny when us blokes go for one of these wonderful rear end with a rubber snake jobs, it's always a very attractive lady that appears to do the biz, yet when my good lady last had hers she got a lovely big bloke with very hairy arms (her words not mine) maybe they do it deliberately.

• Upvote 1

That's a bum question, and I can't be arsed to answer it. (LOL)

• Upvote 7

Just an observation....

If I get a cold.. which isn't that often, I'm usually clear of it in about 5 days.  This year seems to be majoring on a sort of chesty cold which takes a long time to go away.  Mrs Col, my daughter, grandkids and other family members both here and in Nottm seem to have had it.  I'm feeling fine about a month into this but still coughing and a bit bunged up.

Carry on.....  :)

Be patient Col, I've had that cough for 3 months ........ it's nearly gone now though

• Upvote 2

Thanks Lizzie.  My patience has been rewarded.  My cough disappeared this morning, to be replaced a headache and the start of another streaming cold...

Bah! Humbug!

Going to bed..

Mutter mutter..

Etc.

Mrs C is well on the mend, she was up with the larks this morning !

I can smell my toast !

• Upvote 1

My cold got worse and 'peaked' last Friday before suddenly getting better late Saturday.  Sunday was about the same.  Then Monday(yesterday) I pottered about doing a few things and suddenly around tea time iI was clobbered with it again.  Feeling terrible, coughing for England etc.  I opted for a warming bath and finished up lying in a bath of hot water but with my back still freezing.  Drained the bath and tried a hot shower.  Quite bizarre.. I was under a hot shower, shivering with 'cold'.

Then spent a very long sleepless night alternately sweating and freezing in bed.

Have not ventured much further than the couch today and feel a bit better, but have worked out that a lot of it seems to be centered on my left ear and left maxillary sinus.  That would probs explain why I felt so crap yesterday.

Oh well..

Col

Col, that's not just a cold you've got - sounds more like flu!  

• Upvote 1

It felt a bit that way for a while Margie, but I'm just back to the stuffy head and the cough again.  To be honest what with the sweating etc., I was wondering about pneumonia for a bit, but it seems to be improving a bit again.  I always get the flu jab so it's possible I've had something like a flu bug that's 'moderated' a bit by the jab.  I also had the pneumonia jab a while ago and not sure whether it needs boosting and how often.

I'm sure it will sort itself out eventually.

Col

Col, I would check with the doc to see if it is Pneumonia. Jab or not, your symptoms sound like that, and it's gone on for a long time.

There is a cold virus doing the rounds Col that finishes and restarts....fever, sore ears , eyes , runny nose .....if it was flu or pneumonia , you wouldn't feel like posting on here or having a bath 

Be patient, go steady but keep active .......

The 89 year old neighbour I keep an eye on has just been round to ask me to run an errand. Ok, I don't mind doing that, even though I'm trying to pack to go away.   But what is more disturbing is that he's also informed me he's got TB ....... ooooerrrr!  Don't think I've been too close to him recently thank goodness.  He told me last week that he was coughing up blood.   The GP has phoned him this morning to inform him that following a chest x-ray the other day he's to expect a call from the hospital.   

Will that TB jab I had to line up for at the age of 13 still be protecting me?  

I think you will still be protected, Lizzie but you could always phone your GP for advice..

More alcohol intake required Lizzie, that'll offset any little bugs infecting you !