FLY2

Ailments, Aches & Pains. (Let's hear them here)

Ooooooooh! I was right, sissy!! Only Frankie Howard could come up with the right response to that. :-)

• Upvote 1

Hey.......no.....ooh.......ah.....mmrs..........shut ya face...........

Going for my first round of physio on my hips this morning. Not got a clue what to expect but no doubt i'll soon find out !

Catfan, you'll be tired this afternoon!

• Upvote 1

Margie I'm tatered now ! Dear oh dear, did that bloke make me suffer ! I went to get cured not be inflicted with more pain, see you in three weeks he said, I'll need that time to recover.

I had to take a pair of shorts, my legs are not a pretty sight even to me cos they don't see the light of day that often.

I'll get my excercise taking a gentle stroll to the Lime Kiln instead !

• Upvote 2

Sure I've already had a moan that on top of longer term stuff, this year started with Winter Vomiting Bug, followed by a strange, almost flu like and prolonged cold, followed by Acute Sinusitis, followed by a Chest Infection, a flare up of Gastritis and a severe prolonged back pain.

So, back and stomach pain combined had both me and Doc wondering about Pancreatitis. So.... blood tests and X-Rays all round.

Results showed Pancreas etc., OK, but cholesterol has gone high and back pain finally shows up as muscular.

I stopped taking statins a few months back when coming off them temporarily because of clash with antibiotics made me realise my breathing was better without them.

So, Doc prescribed a different Statin but since I was feeling much better I decided to give it three months of exercise and diet to see if I can get cholesterol down that way. I've done so before.

To start the process, I went for a swim yesterday, intending for it to be the start of regular swimming, walking, weight training and diet.

Woke up this morning feeling crap with sore throat and headache. Now developing into a cold, or Infection No.5 this year. FFS!!! :sickly:

Oh.. and my back pain is.... err.. back.

Still. On the bright side I have discovered that hot Ribena and cheap Brandy works rather well..... :cheers:

Col

• Upvote 1

I've heard Col that swimming pools can be full of germs & nasty bugs ?

Perhaps there is some truth in that .

Very true, there are some real nasty bugs can breed even in a well looked after pool, especially if the temperature is high.

When we had our pool I tested it daily especially in the summer months when the kids were in it most. The worst thing is spar's as there lower water contents and heat allow the bugs to breed very quickly.

• Upvote 1

I've now got an intermittent stabbing pain my right ear and a sore throat on the same side. I think it's following on the heels of the viral thingy I've had over the last couple of weeks. I thought I'd recovered from that completely - just shows how wrong I was! A cocktail of Ibuprofen and Paracetamol seems to do the trick. I don't take them until the pain actually comes back in case it's got better, but that means I have half an hour of discomfort until the painkillers start working. It woke me up at 2am this morning...

• Upvote 1

I've heard Col that swimming pools can be full of germs & nasty bugs ?

Perhaps there is some truth in that .

Dunno. My local public swimming pool used to have the old style chlorine based hygeine, which would have your skin off in about 30 minutes, so I suppose bugs would be zapped instantly.

Now they have a supposed 'ultra violet' cleaning system, which may well zap all the bugs that go through it, but I suspect that a bug that gets into the water will not be zapped until it is circulated into the cleaning plant. I will enquire next time I go.

Col

Margie #154.

I'm wondering if you have a blocked or inflamed Eustachean Tube? I seem to get it every time I have a cold.

http://patient.info/health/eustachian-tube-dysfunction

Col

Col, yes I believe it is an inflamed Eustachian tube as it's only in one ear and on one side of my throat. I think it's a leftover virus from my being ill a couple of weeks ago. It's a pain (literally)

As we get older old injuries come back to haunt us,..........ive a scar on my head that was inflicted by an ex wife with one of them wooden scholl shoes,and its just started aching again after 40 years...........mind you i asked for it...........lol.

What, the shoe ! What the hell did you want to keep that for?

As memento to remind me to behaave fly,.......it didnt work ive got a collection now of several other items............lol.

And the appropriate scars too I presume.

Saw the Consultant at the QMC & it came as no surprise what he told me.

Diabetic Neuoropathy i.e. severe nerve damage to nerves in feet & legs esp left side.

Keep tripping up & staggering about & I thought it was the Hobgoblin. !

Must inform the DVLA regarding fitness to drive etc.

Ah well, worse things have happened at sea I suppose !

Roll on the Park Tunnel meetup on Weds next !

• Upvote 1

Catfan, so sorry about the diagnosis although, as you said, it didn't come as a huge surprise to you. I know you have deep inner resources to help you to cope with whatever happens, so just keep smiling and being the great person you are. Even through difficulties in our lives, God remains good!

• Upvote 3

I always say that there are many more people much worse off than me Margie !

Also God is Always Good !

• Upvote 4

Sorry to hear of the latest diagnosis, Mick. I know that your faith will be a great support to you at this time. I'm sure old Monty will come and give you a bit of encouragement and some purring. Keep smiling, Makes folks wonder what you've been doing. thumbsup

• Upvote 3

CATFAN just like to echo the above sentiments of some of your friends...........you'll never change,........keep smiling matey..............

Anyway I feel like shite this morning,had 3 nice 'Jagers' last night..........and ive got to go to work..........be ok when I get there,.......have a nice day y'aall..............

• Upvote 2

Catching up sorry to hear your diagnosis catfan but hope it doesnt pain you too much. When its your feet and legs it affects your whole body. Hope everyones best wishes make you feel better.

• Upvote 1