Ailments, Aches & Pains. (Let's hear them here)

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Being the newbie I am to N.S. I couldn't work out how to reach out to Physical Perfection to tell him to get on with life as you never know what tomorrow will bring. Obviously at the moment time

I'm a happy Bunny tonight Went for my oncology visit after I had the P.E.T. scan and T.A.C. a couple of weeks ago and all is clear after the scare I had. The next process is due in 6 months after I ha

Well I hadn't intended contributing to this thread but do you want to know how many staples I've got in my tummy?!!  Actually I'll spare you the details but I want to put on record that my experience

Margie I'm tatered now ! Dear oh dear, did that bloke make me suffer ! I went to get cured not be inflicted with more pain, see you in three weeks he said, I'll need that time to recover.

I had to take a pair of shorts, my legs are not a pretty sight even to me cos they don't see the light of day that often.

I'll get my excercise taking a gentle stroll to the Lime Kiln instead !

• Upvote 2

Sure I've already had a moan that on top of longer term stuff, this year started with Winter Vomiting Bug, followed by a strange, almost flu like and prolonged cold, followed by Acute Sinusitis, followed by a Chest Infection, a flare up of Gastritis and a severe prolonged back pain.

So, back and stomach pain combined had both me and Doc wondering about Pancreatitis. So.... blood tests and X-Rays all round.

Results showed Pancreas etc., OK, but cholesterol has gone high and back pain finally shows up as muscular.

I stopped taking statins a few months back when coming off them temporarily because of clash with antibiotics made me realise my breathing was better without them.

So, Doc prescribed a different Statin but since I was feeling much better I decided to give it three months of exercise and diet to see if I can get cholesterol down that way. I've done so before.

To start the process, I went for a swim yesterday, intending for it to be the start of regular swimming, walking, weight training and diet.

Woke up this morning feeling crap with sore throat and headache. Now developing into a cold, or Infection No.5 this year. FFS!!! :sickly:

Oh.. and my back pain is.... err.. back.

Still. On the bright side I have discovered that hot Ribena and cheap Brandy works rather well..... :cheers:

Col

• Upvote 1

Very true, there are some real nasty bugs can breed even in a well looked after pool, especially if the temperature is high.

When we had our pool I tested it daily especially in the summer months when the kids were in it most. The worst thing is spar's as there lower water contents and heat allow the bugs to breed very quickly.

• Upvote 1

I've now got an intermittent stabbing pain my right ear and a sore throat on the same side. I think it's following on the heels of the viral thingy I've had over the last couple of weeks. I thought I'd recovered from that completely - just shows how wrong I was! A cocktail of Ibuprofen and Paracetamol seems to do the trick. I don't take them until the pain actually comes back in case it's got better, but that means I have half an hour of discomfort until the painkillers start working. It woke me up at 2am this morning...

• Upvote 1

I've heard Col that swimming pools can be full of germs & nasty bugs ?

Perhaps there is some truth in that .

Dunno. My local public swimming pool used to have the old style chlorine based hygeine, which would have your skin off in about 30 minutes, so I suppose bugs would be zapped instantly.

Now they have a supposed 'ultra violet' cleaning system, which may well zap all the bugs that go through it, but I suspect that a bug that gets into the water will not be zapped until it is circulated into the cleaning plant. I will enquire next time I go.

Col

Margie #154.

I'm wondering if you have a blocked or inflamed Eustachean Tube? I seem to get it every time I have a cold.

http://patient.info/health/eustachian-tube-dysfunction

Col

Col, yes I believe it is an inflamed Eustachian tube as it's only in one ear and on one side of my throat. I think it's a leftover virus from my being ill a couple of weeks ago. It's a pain (literally)

As we get older old injuries come back to haunt us,..........ive a scar on my head that was inflicted by an ex wife with one of them wooden scholl shoes,and its just started aching again after 40 years...........mind you i asked for it...........lol.

What, the shoe ! What the hell did you want to keep that for?

As memento to remind me to behaave fly,.......it didnt work ive got a collection now of several other items............lol.

Saw the Consultant at the QMC & it came as no surprise what he told me.

Diabetic Neuoropathy i.e. severe nerve damage to nerves in feet & legs esp left side.

Keep tripping up & staggering about & I thought it was the Hobgoblin. !

Must inform the DVLA regarding fitness to drive etc.

Ah well, worse things have happened at sea I suppose !

Roll on the Park Tunnel meetup on Weds next !

• Upvote 1

Catfan, so sorry about the diagnosis although, as you said, it didn't come as a huge surprise to you. I know you have deep inner resources to help you to cope with whatever happens, so just keep smiling and being the great person you are. Even through difficulties in our lives, God remains good!

• Upvote 3

Sorry to hear of the latest diagnosis, Mick. I know that your faith will be a great support to you at this time. I'm sure old Monty will come and give you a bit of encouragement and some purring. Keep smiling, Makes folks wonder what you've been doing. thumbsup

• Upvote 3

CATFAN just like to echo the above sentiments of some of your friends...........you'll never change,........keep smiling matey..............

Anyway I feel like shite this morning,had 3 nice 'Jagers' last night..........and ive got to go to work..........be ok when I get there,.......have a nice day y'aall..............

• Upvote 2

Catching up sorry to hear your diagnosis catfan but hope it doesnt pain you too much. When its your feet and legs it affects your whole body. Hope everyones best wishes make you feel better.

• Upvote 1

Thought I'd had my chips again last night! Time for bed so after my last NS fix, I closed my my Laptop, went to stand up and colopsed in a pile on the floor. When I came round, I had to crawl up stairs to hubbs, (I couldn't talk ne'mind shout). Vertigo or sommat. I had been off color all day, my Beta blockers hadn't worked and i had been tachycardic on and off all day. Immediate thoughts..heart attack. Ambulance, Hospital, all sorts of tests and thankfully not my heart.

Phew, at about 5am i started to feel better, In our panic, we can't even remember what the doc called it. Laden with another box of pills, I was discharged, to drive through Wolvo at 6am in my dressing gown. Strange feeling, my excuse would be Pajama Party! Anyone ever go to one of those? Well again, I live to tell the tale. Having a lazy day today. One grateful Nottstalgian here. :)

Just read your post catfan. Sorry to read of your latest problems. Hope they get you sorted miduck. Pint of Hobgobblin should do the trick. Looking forward to seeing you all on Wednesday as well. Take Care. xx

• Upvote 1

Carni so sorry to hear about your passing out attack do hope you're feeling better. We had a scare the other day. My husband had to go on a diet for 2 days to have an exam on the 3 rd day. He had an anesthetic and came home starving. He almost ate me out of house and home. As soon as he'd finished he said he didnt feel too good and a few minutes later passed out in the chair sitting at the table. Called the ambulance and they carried out various tests and sent for another ambulance to take him to hospital. The emercency ambulance went and they carried my husband into the other one. He was there all afternoon and came home about 5 pm. When he'd finished this exam he and his sister went into a bar to have breakfast, so with that and a large lunch his stomach couldnt take it. I'd prepared something light and also the evening meal but he said he was so hungry that he'd have both. Is this another story of "

" I'm right , he's wrong. End of story"

• Upvote 1

Carni, very glad to hear you're OK.

That sounds like some form of 'Syncope', which is the fancy word for fainting. It can happen if you're on Beta Blockers, or other meds, or if you have a Heart condition, or for lots of other reasons. I'm not an expert. I just happen to have read a lot about it in the last few days as I've been having 'coughing syncope'. Am still full of a head cold and am coughing up rocks and pebbles, especially first thing in the morning. Unless I sit down or hang on to something I just flop to the floor. All to do with blood supply to the brain I think. I don't pass out completely, but I've seen it happen. Big massive bloke at the bar in my local. Coughed a couple of times then went down like a sack of spuds. Took us a while to get him up but it turned out he had a chest infection and heart issues.

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Fainting/Pages/Causes.aspx

Take care!

Col

Thank you for that info DJ360. We asked the Doc twice what it was called and it sounded like Watigo???. He explained about three little channels, so small that you can't see them(I imagine the professionals can), filled with fluid and sometimes with movement it can make the fluid tilt, causing all sorts of problems., added to it, heart problems and meds to make it worse.

We have looked up Watigo and can't find anything resembling it, the Doc was a foreign Gentleman, so perhaps his accent threw us. He may have said Vertigo? Let me know if anyone has heard of a variation to Watigo?