FLY2

Ailments, Aches & Pains. (Let's hear them here)

Suffering with a bit of sun burn on my head & nose from last week. I even went as far as to buy a hat to stop my head getting more burnt ! Never ever wore a hat in my life.

Lesson learned.

I've got a good assortment of baseball caps CT,I'm sure we can get you set up with one thumbsup

Rog

ps,Think I'm coming over to Bulwell again this coming Thursday

Re my #873.

Just back from the Doc's.  It seems that my optimism was a bit misplaced.  I don't think I'm in any immediate danger.. but I've just been told that I now have 'Mild to Moderate Left Ventricular Systolic Impairment'.  This AIUI, means that my left ventricle is failing. ( What used to be called 'Heart Failure') My right ventricle is already fairly compromised by a lump of dead muscle from a heart attack and a totally blocked artery which is inoperable.

The slightly disappointing part of all this is that it's the first time the old Left Ventricle has been mentioned. The recommendation was to increase my Beta Blocker to 5 Mg but my heart rate is only 60 on the current dose and I reduced from the higher dose because of problems so not a lot of room for manouevre there.  Also increase in the other main drug..  'Losartan'. So we've gone with just that for now pending a further Cardiology Appt.

Also Doc recommended I speak to Cardiology before getting back into my exercise routine..

All good fun.. but I'm still here. :)

Col

• Upvote 1

Sorry to hear this DJ.  I can't hit the 'like' button for that.

I will pray for your situation while hoping that the medics can come up with some reasonable answers.

Wishing you well.

Dave.

• Upvote 2

I blame the fish......

876.   Sorry I missed your post on Sunday somehow, Carni.  Musta bin in church.;)

Anyway I'm sorry to hear of this latest development.  Nowt to be ashamed of in being a bit scared or mardi.  Will be praying for you and trusting all will turn out well.  'Ang in there Gal. :)

• Upvote 1

876#

Yes Carni, chin up, I'm sure all will be ok on Thurs.  Don't come here as much as I would like now been really busy here and wifey been a bit poorly too, but nothing too serious we hope.

This bloody old age is a bugger !

• Upvote 1

As the saying goes, old age ain't for sissies. 

• Upvote 3

Only got back today from a few days away in the caravan with no wifi so have lots of posts to catch up with!  Col and Carni -  so sorry to hear of your problems .... we will be thinking and praying for both of you and hope all will be well.  

• Upvote 1

Carni just catching up and sorry to hear everything. You'll be ok its the waiting that gets to you. Fly could have given you at least one doughnut greedy greedy. Never mind when you find something nice and gooey eat it all yourself and dont tell Fly.

• Upvote 2

Thanks all.

Have been trying to finish my never ending bathroom project today.  When that's done, my serious DIY days are over.  It all stresses me out too much. So I'm gonna stick to gardening and walking and days out.. Leave the plumbing to a .errr. plumber..  :)

• Upvote 2

Throughout most of my working life I tried to avoid DIY as much as was humanly possible. I much preferred to work every bit of overtime possible, then pay someone else to do it.

Totally agree fly..............anyway just would'nt know what to wear.........:wacko:

• Upvote 3

That's the ticket, no stress = happier ticker

All the best for tomorrow, carni. I really hope things go well for you. There'll be a part of tomorrow when I won't be thinking of anything because I'll be on the chopping block having a hernia repair operation. I'm not looking forward to having it done but I'll feel a lot better when it is.

• Upvote 1

All the best for your op tomorrow, Michael.   Paul had a hernia repaired several years ago and was back to lifting slabs a few weeks afterwards!  Will be thinking of you and Carni.

• Upvote 2

You'll be fine Michael, I've had two hernias, and was ok within a couple of weeks.

• Upvote 1

All the best for you too Carni.

• Upvote 1

All the best for tomorrow, carni, lots of people here routing for you.

• Upvote 1

Hoping you're right as rain after tomorrow, Michael.

• Upvote 1

Thinking of both Carni and Michael today. Hope all goes well for you both and wish you a speedy cream cake aided recovery!

• Upvote 2

Michael, I have just read your post #911. I hope all goes well. miduck. Not sure when you are booked in for but I hope the day passes quickly for you. My preperation:mellow: begins at 7am but my hospital appointment is not until 6.15pm. 

All the best Miduck.

• Upvote 1