FLY2

Ailments, Aches & Pains. (Let's hear them here)

Had mine done on the Ropewalk..the place with all those glass bricks.

5 hours ago, DJ360 said:

If I had a spare £20k or so, I'd get a nice new gob full of implants and veneers, but that's unlikely to happen.

Me too.       Only worry after cost is that I have heart problems so probably wouldn't be able to have them anyway. Not sure what happens if you have implants and need an MRI at anytime afterwards? 

• Like 1

A local lady has had them done in Croatia!!..talk about 'spray that again'..i have yet to see a convincing set of veneered chompers..they seem to alter speech as well.

Had fitting for me new ''Gnashers'' the other day.........looked ok,, was worried i'd look all Teeth,, did ask for small ones cos my teeth have never really showed........anyway pick up the finished job Monday..........hope to flash em about at the meet-up.......lol.

Went to Maggies today at City Hospital.....met some nice folk....but not sure its for me.....going again hope to take to it,, wouldn't mind eventually doing some charity work for Cancer sufferers.......think i could help some..............and it would keep me occupied..........

• Like 6

On 2/5/2019 at 6:10 PM, MargieH said:

Because of better dental hygiene these days, people aren't losing as many teeth as in past times

I'm not sure that's fact, my dentist tell me most under 30s teeth she deals with are shocking? To much surgery drinks? 

Me I'm still teething, where's me teething ring?

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, benjamin1945 said:

Went to Maggies today at City Hospital.

Who's Maggie?  Does Donna know?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, benjamin1945 said:

Had fitting for me new ''Gnashers'' the other day..

So now you can whistle and brush your teeth at the same time!!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Jill Sparrow said:

Who's Maggie?  Does Donna know?

Funny you should mention a ''Maggie'' Jill............there was a Maggie back in 1960,,,,lovely girl,, lived on Gainsford crescent next door to Barbara,(who i last saw in the half Moon Hucknall she was a Barmaid about 1975,,had a short teenage fling with Maggie,, she had packed David(very Athletic was David but Maggie was not impressed) up for me,, then packed me up for John,who she married ,,nice chap was John,, last time i saw them i was meeting my first wife Sue to arrange a final payment of maintanence(sp) Maggie and John ran the Wilsthorpe Tavern in Long Eaton,,this would be about 1969,,,,don't mind if Maggie,,John,,Barbara,,Sue or even Donna and David read this.....all nice people,, happy days........:rolleyes:

• Like 1

When I can't sleep at night, I play mental alphabet games. For instance, I have to find 5 authors, composers or artists whose surnames begin with each letter of the alphabet.  Just thinking that, when Ben can't sleep at night, he could find 5 females he's dated for each letter of the alphabet...on every road in Nottingham...and further afield! Knocks Moggiedon into a cocked hat! :wacko:. Zzzzzzzz

• Like 1

Ann, Annie, Amy, Alison and Andrea .....nah...he could find at least 20 for each letter...Alyssa, Abigail, Annabelle, Annette, Anthea, Althea, Audrey, Agnes, Ashley, Agneta, Adelaide, Anita, Aileen, Alicia and Athene?  That's only the first 20 minutes at Marsden's on a Monday morning!

Still awake? :Shock:

• Like 1

Athene ??            lol

Hmm, good point... new teeth, partially bionic, now wears a cravat and a new liberty bodice...………………………………...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, carni said:

Me too.       Only worry after cost is that I have heart problems so probably wouldn't be able to have them anyway. Not sure what happens if you have implants and need an MRI at anytime afterwards? 

Hmm.. MRI.. good point. I must look into it once I've saved my £20k....  :laugh:

• Like 1

I have just had a MRI scan on my shoulder. due to the metal replacement  everything came out as a black image, the consultant told me that they sometimes come out that way. So they then did an ultrasound scan to examine it.  As the wife said they were unable to find any work in me.

• Like 2

Should certainly help with the hot flushes

• Like 1

On 2/6/2019 at 7:22 PM, benjamin1945 said:

Had fitting for me new ''Gnashers'' the other day...............anyway pick up the finished job Monday..........hope to flash em about at the meet-up.......lol.

Just got em..........wife ain't stopped laughing yet.........remember Dick Emery as the Vicar ?

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

If you are there with the gnashers I will wear the Squires suit to celebrate :biggrin:

• Like 1

Who's wearing the Monocle Terry,,,,?

To be honest the new Teeth are ok,,not too big,,like i was dreading,,,showed Angela the Receptionist and asked her when can i take you out Duck ?

Wear em in for 2 or 3 years Ben ,then ask again she said,,,!!!     i could tell she can't wait........lol

• Like 4

So. feeling pretty enthusiastic after getting past tooth abscesses etc., I agreed to go for a walk with next door neighbour.  We set off up Billinge Hill and over the other side via assorted footpaths ending up at a little place called Pimbo. There's a Garden Centre there where we had a quick coffee before heading back by a slightly different route, again across country and back home.  A total of about 8 miles and my 'Samsung Health App' was congratulating me on my biggest daily step total for a while.

Trouble is, from about halfway on the outward walk, my legs were beginning to give out.  Not just the worn out right knee, but both legs. .. .tired.. heavy and painful enough to stop walking being a pleasure.  Most of the walk home was 'purgatory', but there are no buses and I didn't want to resort to calling out Mrs Col. My neighbour was insisting that this wasn't right and strongly urging me to see a Doc about this.  Thing is.. less than ten years ago 20 miles in a day wasn't a problem.  Last mile or so was torture as I had to will my legs to move forward and by the time I got home I literally felt sick.  Woke up next morning with a very fast heartbeat and then struggled to get downstairs.  Just moving about today has been hard.  And I've booked a Doc's appointment.  Am still inclined to think I probably just overdid it, but disappoined that it has come to this.. and wondering if it might be more.. some sort of 'claudication' or other circulatory issue related to my ticker etc.  It's a real downer.  I used to love running, then I loved walking..  Not much of it left.