FLY2

Ailments, Aches & Pains. (Let's hear them here)

24 minutes ago, Brew said:

The web site only has Android and Apple apps...?

We access it through iPad AND laptop.  We were originally asked by our surgery if we wanted to join systmonline and had to fill in and sign a sheet to say we were happy for our medical records to be available to any medical practitioner.

It  really is so much easier than having to phone up the surgery.  The only negative is that you can't make an appointment just to see a nurse - still have to phone up for that.....

5 hours ago, MargieH said:

Was it 2 GPs who referred you to GE?   If your notes are electronically stored, how can this happen?  We've signed up for something called 'systmonline' which allows any GP or hospital to access  our notes.   It's also good for ordering repeat prescriptions and making appointments... when doing the latter we get a list of available doctors and times and just tick the one we want.   We still have to wait a few days/weeks though if it's not an urgent appointment!  We can also view our test results online... I think it's really good.

Hope  your virtual colonoscopy will provide some useful information.   

I use a web based system called 'Patient Access'  It allows me to book appointments with GPs/Nurses etc.. to request Repeat Prescriptions, to inspect Test Results and my Medical Record etc, plus access to a lot of other info. I can of course access the web via my phone.

However.. that system does not extend into hospital out patient appointments etc.  Also. the national appointments management system also failed yesterday when I tried to cancel an appointment online.  When I finally spoke to a very helpful lady at the local hospital she also told me that the SMS based system of appointment reminders was a bit flakey too.. as I had long suspected.

All above said.. the main issue seems to be that one Doc originally referred me, but has offered no follow up.. whereas the second Doc called me in for follow up on an other issue and then decided to refer me for urgent investigations on the 'digestive' issue.  Crossed wires I think, but the main thing is I'm getting sorted.

6 minutes ago, MargieH said:

The only negative is that you can't make an appointment just to see a nurse - still have to phone up for that.....

Don't give up hope, Margie. My practice and a few others are now making appointments with the practice nurse and other staff bookable online. This doesn't yet extend to blood tests but may do so one day.

• Upvote 1

I have several options for blood tests.  The local surgery will do them but it usually involves a wait.  The local 'Walk In'  Centre does them between 07:30 and 09:00 a.m .. mostly for people who are working.  It's only 10 minutes away by car and if I turn up at around 08:30 there's virtually no wait.  And finally, St Helens Hospital is slightly further.. maybe 15 minutes by car, but they do 'bloods' all day from 09:00 to 5:00 pm and the wait, though a bit variable.. is usually no more than a few minutes.

I have been ensconced (is that a word?) on the settee, slowly festering, most of the day in my pjs. I did tidy up the house a bit and saw to boys, they really didn’t want to go out this morning. Then we all had a nap. I did feel a dog intently looking at me once or twice but kept my eyes shut and after the inspection they lay down again. 
This afternoon I have been listening to podcasts with an accompanying crunching of pigs ears and lamp spaghetti and the occasional cat nap.
As it has been such a dark miserable day it seemed the logical thing to do as I definitely wasn’t going anywhere. I hope the antibiotics will start to kick in a bit tomorrow and I will start to feel a bit better and do a bit more without the wheezing and coughing. I hate chest infections when they make you feel that you can’t breath properly. 

Perhaps SG you need my Grandma's remedy (for pretty everything, coughs, colds and runny noses), goose grease and brown paper on the chest.    ;)

My Gran swore by sweaty socks tied around your neck & the heart of an onion in each ear :crazy:

Swore by or swore at?