FLY2

Ailments, Aches & Pains. (Let's hear them here)

Good I'm glad but looking at the timing of your postings I'd hazard a guess you are robbing yourself of sleep so that's not helping Col.

I've always been a night person Brew.  Never was much on early mornings.  I didn't get out of bed till well after 10:00 a.m. yesterday and spent much of the day dozing.

Now I've gorra bloomin' Hernia.

Diagnosed it myself via the internet, but the doc confirmed it yesterday.  He's making me an apptmt with a surgeon this week to confirm and discuss it.  Just what I needed!!!

Never had surgery, never been in a hospital.

No lifting for now.  How's a guy supoosed to wotk in his garden?   :(

Have any of you men had this problem?   How did it turn out?

Not me but my late father. It’s a very straightforward operation these days and recovery takes about two weeks. No heavy lifting for six weeks.

Thanks Phil.  Pretty much what I expected.  I'd have a hard time disciplining myself not to overdo it for six weeks though.  I was hoping there might be a none surgical solution, but I doubt it.

You be ok Loppy...........i had one back in 1964,,,probably caused by lifting Barrels of Tub butter for Marsdens,,,bit different in those days,,,in City Hospital for a week,,,and told when leaving.......'''No Humping for at least 6 months''''.........still  lifted the Butter Barrels though.........lol

Truss.  Yes, that was probably the solution before surgery.  Not sure how well it would work.  Mine's in the groin.  Awkward place.

They insert a surgical mesh. You can usually observe the operation on YouTube if you can bring yourself to watch. I viewed my hip operation but only afterwards. It was fascinating!

• Like 1

Hernia repair is very straightforward. Procedure is either keyhole i.e. laparoscopic or open i.e. conventional.  A friend had one done last year. Day case surgery. Need to be sensible afterwards but, otherwise, not a problem.

• Like 1

Give it a few weeks I should be able to cock me leg again then.  :biggrin:

• Like 2

Have a word with Compo LL., he'll give some tips on how to ease pain. But it does involve a tub of Ben & Jerry's. 

• Like 1