Ailments, Aches & Pains. (Let's hear them here)

Pleased for you Ben!

• Like 1
  • Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Being the newbie I am to N.S. I couldn't work out how to reach out to Physical Perfection to tell him to get on with life as you never know what tomorrow will bring. Obviously at the moment time

I'm a happy Bunny tonight Went for my oncology visit after I had the P.E.T. scan and T.A.C. a couple of weeks ago and all is clear after the scare I had. The next process is due in 6 months after I ha

Well I hadn't intended contributing to this thread but do you want to know how many staples I've got in my tummy?!!  Actually I'll spare you the details but I want to put on record that my experience

32 minutes ago, loppylugs said:

There's just some places I don't want anybody sticking a camera.  :biggrin:   Yer a brave ladI

Just reminded me Loppy.  I had  colonoscopy done last year.  There was no camera inserted anywhere.as it was imaged using a CT Scan.  Still had to have my bowel inflated though....:blink:

Thing was they kept sending me appointments to see the Gastroenterologist before I'd had the test done. So I kept cancelling them.  then we had lockdown.  Finally I was sent another appointment quite recently, despite my own Doc telling me my results were OK.  I queried this and it was cancelled, but they sent me a report.  Seems I have  bit of Diverticular Disease which is very common and and nothing to worry about, which is good, 'cos I already wasn't worrying about it... :)

• Like 2
13 hours ago, loppylugs said:

Just got in from the hospital.  Had hernia surgery.  First surgery I've ever had.

55 minutes ago, benjamin1945 said:

Well done loppy,, i didnt mention,,but ive just had a Colonoscopy,,at Queens med,,having coffee and biscuits now,,all was ok,cancer free thanks lord,lovely girls,,

Nice to see you both back and still posting on here. Long may you both continue :)

• Like 3
24 minutes ago, DJ360 said:

Just reminded me Loppy.  I had  colonoscopy done last year.  There was no camera inserted anywhere.as it was imaged using a CT Scan.  Still had to have my bowel inflated though....:blink:

I’m an expert on Diverticular Disease :sorry: and have had quite a number of Colonoscopies and CT scans (performed at the same time DJ) fortunately all that is, hopefully,  in the past for me.  Having had a stoma for 15 months and then re-plumbed about 3 years ago I’ve been fit and well since going through two lots of major surgery.  (I can’t believe it’s that long ago when Chulla found me in QMC and brought me a big slice of carrot cake, bless him). I’m only a few pounds off my fighting weight now, it’s taken a long time to gain a stone in weight though. 

• Like 5

Thanks Y'all...........been worried about the 'colon' job a few weeks now,,,but now feel great,,operation room full of ladies put me right at ease,,still made me Tabs' tingle a bit Loppy..

Also pleased to hear Lizzie,,you got your weight back,,you are right, hard to put back on after our sorts of Surgery,,,mine is almost back to pre-op times,,,

• Like 4

Wheight is my next issue.  Since the stroke I've lost about thirty pounds.  Not too bad, in my own opinion I was overwheight at 180.  Lower is good for my blood pressure which is my main issue.  Dropped my waist size to a 36.  Need to drop a further size to a 34.  I think some of it is just due to aging. My parents were not big people either.  Mrs. L fusses about it.  That makes me growl and raises my blood pressure.  B A D!  I think I need to get Carni to send me a few cream cakes. ;)

Camera's in strange places has always brought a twisted smile to my dog face.  My very first camera was a box Brownie.  Not the sort of thing for intimate photos of one's innards.:biggrin:     Seriously though it is truly amazing the way good images in real time can be done today.  Probably saved a lot of lives and pain as well.  Still can't get over that big screen on the end of the operating table.  I don't think I would have liked to have watched it though.  Maybe they just like to watch old British sitcoms while they work. Alf Garnett comes to mind.  :Shock:

Wish I could lose some weight. I used to be so slim and I had a fantastic metabolism which meant I could eat a box full of cream cakes and lose weight!

Not now. Since my thyroid started playing up, my metabolic rate has changed completely. Now, I find it very difficult to lose weight. I eat very little. No one in my family has ever been a big eater but I don't know of anyone who's had thyroid problems and had problems with losing weight.  Still, there are many worse things than that, so should think myself lucky I haven't got any of them!

2 hours ago, loppylugs said:

Carni to send me a few cream cakes. 

Now come on LL, asking me to share my cakes, that is going a bit too far! :rolleyes:

Talking about cameras and operating tables. Reminded me, I'm overdue for a Colonoscopy which was cancelled in March, due to the Virus. I can't quite bring myself to phone and make sure I haven't been forgotten. Back to the camera. I have had 3 Colonoscopys in the last three years, and from the minute I get on that table....my eyes stay firmly closed, I have seen the screen for me to watch the action, but I would rather not look thank you very much.:Shock:

I have been on Thyroxine for under active thyroid for many years. I blame that for my cuddliness. Nothing to do with cream cakes. Honestly.:biggrin:

Best wishes to LL and benj, and to all NS who are going through health and other worries.:)

• Like 6

Jill, maybe it’s all that red wine ;)  No, I’m very aware of weight gain due to Thyroid issues, a good friend of mine, who was always very slim, gained a lot of weight when her Thyroid started to play up.  I’m sure my very welcome weight gain is due to lock-down, I’ve had more alcohol in the past 4 months than I normally consume.  It used to be a couple of sociable trips to the local per week, a meal out (with wine) and the occasional glass of wine at home.  I’ve had an alcoholic beverage just about every evening since March.  Not bothered though, I’m delighted to have gained a few pounds!  Just hope my Liver doesn’t start complaining.  

• Like 1
10 hours ago, LizzieM said:

I’ve had more alcohol in the past 4 months than I normally consume. 

.....whereas I've gone the other way. I don't drink much at home; I keep it for social, external gatherings.

I've never been verging on alcoholism, but since the middle of March I've drunk less than at any time since I first ever started drinking.

Always loved a drink,,but since my op two years ago tried twice early days,,and it tasted awful,, both the beer and a spirit,,so im now TT,,never thought id say to anyone,, ""dont smoke,""dont drink"", classed em both as great pleasures. 

• Like 1

I once drank too much.  I used to make my own.  Powerful stuff.  The Lord took that desire away in 1981.  Never touched it since, don't miss it.  I'm not critical of anybody that enjoys one.  Just not for me anymore.

Had a good dose of Bach yesterday afternoon as suggested.  So uplifting.

• Like 2

Just come in on this conversation. Oh dear I though poor  Loppy, hope he's ok. The same thing has happened to my husband. Then the next thing was you'd had the op so I didn't have time to wish you luck and happy recovery. Glad everything went well for you, enjoy your rest and before long you'll be playing the organ again , probably even better, hope so.

• Like 1

Thanks Nonna.  Not feeling too bad.  A bit sore, and seem to be quite tired all the time.  Just got up so going to have a bit of breakfast.  Hope your husband is doing ok.

• Like 1
On 7/9/2020 at 12:22 AM, Jill Sparrow said:

It's good for my heart, Lizzie! :P

Jill here they say (in the heart of vineyards and many famous wines) that red wine makes good blood and if you are breast feeding :Shock: that it s good for producing good milk for babies. Don't ask me if its true but living here has taught me many things about  red wine including what seems to me very weird but its custom!!!!

Loppy thanks , my husband has to wait until Monday before he can get an appointment but his dr knows about it. He's still waiting for his hip op that was cancelled due to CV. He'd already got his bag packed the day he was due to go for pre recovery, he couldn't even do that . So hope both ops don't come at once.

• Like 1

Right Loppy, he diagnosed it himself then rang his Dr who confirmed it was probable . But as at the moment appointments have to be booked he has to wait til Monday. 

Had a similar issue, Nonna.  I diagnosed myself from the Internet.  Doc confirmed it a day or two later and booked me in to see the surgeon.  He was running behind because of depts of the hospital being affected by the virus.  So my surgery was three weeks later.  Normally it would probably be within the week.  Oh well! Done now and I'm glad.  Not something you can just live with.  Had to be tested for the covid as well before they would even do the surgery.

Yes I would imagine you would have had to be tested before your op. I think that hospitals are being really and truly conscientious and may they continue this good work . They are up against a terrible enemy. I salute them all wherever they may be.

Just got back from a post op visit with the surgeon.  He took out several small stitches at the incisions.  Said progress is looking good.  Come back in four weeks and we can probably sign you off.  Biggest problem now will be keeping this old hound from digging holes, carrying buckets etc.  :biggrin:  That surgeon is quite elderly, probably close to retirement.  One of the nicest natured doctors I've ever met.  Said the problem probably developed over months.  Only became noticeable in the last two months.  I tended to blame the stroke for any discomfort.  I would now advise anyone getting unexplained discomfort / pain in the groin to get it checked out.  Don't ignore it 'til it really hurts, like I did.

Nor mine Jill.  I actually paid a company yesterday to cut and trim our lawns.  Broke me little Scottish heart it did!  Got 'em booked for the next couple of months.  I've always enjoyed doing that job.  Hard not to get my mower out.

• Like 1