Ailments, Aches & Pains. (Let's hear them here)

21 hours ago, Brew said:

but he couldn't afford the many thousands of $ to pay for it,

Doctors will treat you as a patient in need, they won't turn you away. You would then be billed and a payment plan worked out, often discounted.

• Like 2
  • Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Being the newbie I am to N.S. I couldn't work out how to reach out to Physical Perfection to tell him to get on with life as you never know what tomorrow will bring. Obviously at the moment time

I'm a happy Bunny tonight Went for my oncology visit after I had the P.E.T. scan and T.A.C. a couple of weeks ago and all is clear after the scare I had. The next process is due in 6 months after I ha

Don't think I've posted on this thread before but maybe being admitted to Stoke hospital with a heart attack on Monday justifies it  No big deal really and not as dramatic as it sounds. Admitted

You’ll just have to wait and see….

“Patience is a virtue;

possess it if you can;

found seldom In a woman

and never in a man!”

…. but i’m sure you’re an exception to this CF :)   I’ll be thinking of you x

• Like 1

We're hoping and praying for you Catfan.

Just noticed...6,666 posts !!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Private patient visits, in theory I don't think its right but in practice, when necessary I do them mostly for peace of mind or I can't bear the pain any longer. My history is mostly based as an oncology patient ( for the last 12 yrs) my treatment, visits and scans etc are all paid for by the hospitals. Lately after my last checkup the oncologist recommended in addition to an ecograph I had a CT scan and colonscopia. The hospital couldnt give me an early appointment although a CT was booked for November. Both CT and colonscopia were done privately. I had to go to Alessandria as there were no appointments available earlier than November. I got the results later in the day by email and now await the dvd and all my docs from this last year that i had to take with me. (  we keep all medical papers, the dr doesnt although they have them on their computers) When I have everything back I have to send them all to the oncologist and get an appointment to explain all these medical terms I dont understand. Over the years I've learnt a lot of these terms or at least understood them but these are something new. I'm not worried but at least I will find out what is causing my persistant pain under my ribs.

• Like 1
On 6/17/2021 at 2:21 PM, catfan said:

Letter arrived today with phone call appt this coming Monday.

Is this a good sign I wonder ?

I had a phone call a week yesterday, then a letter when postman came asking me to go to see urology doctor last Monday for my test results, than saw a nurse who explained more on what treatment I was to have & gave me script for months supply of hormone tabs. I'd be surprised if they'd give you bad news over the phone. Hope your tests are negative Catfan... 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Had the phone call & no cancer detected. More tablets to take to reduce the swelling but I can manage a few more tablets OK !

• Like 11

So glad for you Catfan. Sounds like you'll be taking Finasteride, unless I'm mistaken. When my consultant told me he was discharging me back to my GP, he said I could stop taking the tablets. But I said thanks, but if it's OK with you, I'll keep taking them if it keeps me from a recurrence .

• Like 1

Good news then CF... I bet it came as something of a relief for you...

• Like 1

So pleased for you CF.  You can relax now x

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Jill Sparrow said:

Good news,Catfan!  It's probably a fur ball. A couple of Bob Martins should sort you out!

Mrs C purring now !

Glad to read you've got the all clear Catfan, good for you.... I'm getting some side effects from the hormone tabs I'm taking = I'm feeling really tired, I'll sit here watching the telly & fall asleep & miss the program, I've always done this but not as much as I'm doing it now. I presume when I've had radiotherapy or surgery I'll come off hormone tabs/injections & the side effects will subside I hope....

Thanks Catfan... I get this knot in my stomach when my imagination goes into overdrive, but then I think "I can't do owt about it, so I've just got to let the doctors do what they have to do." I'd like to thank you & everyone who's commented for their moral support....  

• Like 2

Colly  don't worry about falling asleep , it happens to us all and I notice it more now than a few months ago. Radiology does make you tired, I remember when I had it the patients would talk between themselves about how tired they got. I used to think its not happening to me , is something wrong then it got me and I joined the ranks. It does pass but I've had no experience with hormone tabs. All the best.

• Like 1

While on this topic, Ive had a painful few days. For some time now I've had a niggly feeling in my teeth and gums. Nothing to say it was toothache or infection but finally went to my brother in law who's a dentist.  It was an infection caused by a capped tooth. Anyway partly solved but still needs more treatment next week. Then my oncologist rang to give me an appointment ( with results of my latest exams) this afternoon. Again yesterday the Dr from CTO in Turin where i had my op 2019. He asked me a few questions about how I found myself now and if I had any pain etc. I should have gone last year for a checkup but with lockdown I didnt go. Now he wants me to go for a chat and have another MRI. I did think all my health issues were solved but we'll see how many more they give me.

• Like 2

Well had my first injection of tryptorelin on Monday & that'll last for 3 months & should shrink the tumour, gave me a sore bum but needs must... Been to see oncologist this morning & I should be having radiotherapy in about 3 months time. He said after the tryptorelin has shrunk the tumour he'll blast the prostate, seminal vesicle's & nearby lymph node's with radiation & hopefully that should be that. He said the wee-wee problems should hopefully resolve after the tryptorelin injections & radiotherapy have shrunk/ bopped off the tumour, but if they don't I'll need a TURP operation... Feeling a bit calmer now & the knot in my stomach has almost gone...

• Like 7
  • Upvote 2

Very glad to hear it Colly. All sounds positive.

• Like 1

Fair do's Colly. I wish you all very best and hope all goes well. Good to hear you're feeling a bit better now. Was going to say 'Keep your pecker up!, but it might not be appropriate. Take care cocker. B.

• Like 2
51 minutes ago, colly0410 said:

Feeling a bit calmer now & the knot in my stomach has almost gone...

Hopefully before much longer you'll be looking back and thinking "what was all the fuss about ?".

• Like 2

Good to hear you're moving in the right direction and you can relax a little...

• Like 1