• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's just like someone's changed TV channels when you're not looking.

Burn wood including pianos - Keeps you warm twice, once when you are burning it and before that when you are cutting/chopping/sawing it.

I said to my wife the other day I know a great way of getting us warm in winter. She just told me to grow up and anyway we're too old. Was worth a try.

I said to my wife the other day I know a great way of getting us warm in winter. She just told me to grow up and anyway we're too old. Was worth a try.

• Upvote 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Some branches of ALDI are selling 10kg 8 logs, reduced from £2.99 to £1.99, (UKHEATLOGS site sells them for £4)

From their site

Heatlogs that burn extremely hot, long lasting and eco-friendly, if you are looking for a good burning briquette / heatlog then look no further. We have a limited availability on this product, only 500 pallets in stock 78 packs per pallet = 780kg Burning briquettes / heatlogs is a carbon neutral benefit to the environment. Manufactured from clean sawdust. There is limited availability on this product. .
GBP229.00 Pallet

Someone tell them sawdust is from cutting wood, wood comes from trees, trees are made of stored up carbon....

• Upvote 2

I love hugging trees, just before I cut them down.

• Upvote 1

But, but, but, I need the wood for heating...

You don't have to be a 'tree hugger' to enjoy the beauty of trees - nor recognise their place. The world would be an infinitely worse place without them.

I agree and don't forget forests are the lungs of the planet. No trees, no oxygen.

• Upvote 1