Jimmy Hill

Very sad,liked him,saw him play in his Fulham days,with Bedford Jezzard and the great Johnny Haynes....RIP Jimmy.

I think history in the world of football will reflect well on Jimmy Hill. He was a leading light in abolishing the maximum wage and if I recall correctly was instrumental in bringing yellow and red cards into the game. Believe he formed the first 'World Cup Panels' too. He was an innovate chap, a very professional broadcaster and a likable man.

Rest in Peace, Jimmy

The scrapping of the maximum wage has been a nightmare and has been instrumental in the near bankrupting of several clubs.

Also of course the ridiculous wages of players.

Anyway, very sad RIP Jimmy.

I remember him running onto the pitch after Wignall had done a rough tackle on one of their (CCFC) newly promoted players. Welcome to the old first division.

RIP Jim

It was their centre half Curtis, he was supposed to be Coventry's ' hard man' and came off worse, he broke his leg, we could hear the crack from where we were standing. Jimmy was not impressed and had a right go at Wignall who I seem to recall wasn't even booked, I think the result was 3-3.

I was only thinking the other day what had happened to Jimmy Hill now I know he's succumbed to the dreaded Alzheimer's poor man. RIP JH.

• Upvote 1